“Nightmare at moses lake”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Moses Lake
Vancouver, Washington
“Nightmare at moses lake”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Super 8 in Moses Lake over this Memorial Day Weekend. Because of a long workday on Friday May 24th we did not arrive to the hotel until after Midnight. When I arrived the hotel clerk was a dark skin man very friendly I didn’t catch his name, I was very tired from driving for over 5 hours to get to this destination. After a brief check in he sent us to the third floor room 305 I believe. After lugging all of our belongings to the room on the third floor getting into the room I realized that he had given us the wrong room because there was only one queen bed and I booked a room with 2 queen beds and a roll away since there was myself, my son, and one of his teammates. After explaining that I had booked the room 3 ½ weeks prior to this event and was sure I had booked correctly and that this was not my mistake he quickly took care of it and put us on the first floor in the room we were suppose to have, it even had the roll away I had requested originally we didn’t even have to wait for them to bring it. I figured this was the room I had originally reserved and that he had just made a mistake. I didn’t say anything at this point I was beat and lugging 2 kids baseball gear and all our food and luggage for 3 days up 3 flights of stairs for no reason didn’t seem like a big deal to me at that point, I just wanted to get to bed.

The next day our phone started ringing at 8:30 a.m. My son answered it and it was a very angry front desk clerk demanding that someone come to the front desk to discuss the bill, when my son told her we were sleeping she repeated herself to my son angrily “I need someone to come to the front desk to discuss your room.” I could hear her through the phone from the bed I was in and when my son hung up with her he said I don’t know what that ladies problem is but she wants someone to come to the front desk. So I got out of bed about 4 hours earlier than I had planned too and went to the front desk. When I got to the front desk there was and employee named Cecilee I believe. She apparently had a horrible day already because she immediately began being very rude to me telling me I didn’t book the room correctly and would be charged more than what I was originally told the room would be and if I was okay with that. I said no I was not okay with that and why if I was going to be charged more for the room I was in why it wasn’t corrected at check in, or at least discussed with me. I explained the room rates I got 3 ½ weeks ago when I booked the room was something along the lines of $74.99 a night except Saturday which was going to be around $82. She kept being rude to me at this point and even started bobbing her head back and forth as she talked as if to further get her point across that she meant business. When the head started bobbing and she continued to be rude and talk to me like I was a second class citizen or some unruly teenager, I lost it. I told her she picked the wrong person to be rude to and treat like dirt. The entire time I was talking she was answering phones, interrupting me etc, I was furious at this point. Not only did she wake us up after only a few hours of sleep, she was rude to my son, more rude to me than anyone had been in years and all before 8:30am in the morning on Vacation. The conversation kept getting more heated she offered no good answers why I would be charged more than what I agreed to at check in. At one point I turned to walk away, my shirt got hung up on a little basket that was on the counter so I pushed it off me and turned around and said to her this is [--] ridiculous. At this point she realized she had pushed to far and offered to call the police to have me removed from the building. I asked her why because she started being a [--] to me and I didn’t put up with it. I told her she new where I was at and to send them down, but that she may want to try to first call the manager and try to get this worked out. I left the front desk area at this point and went back to the room. I returned later to find a dark skinned man with a strong accent who claimed he was the manager, it wasn’t until I left that I found out he was not the manager and in fact you were.

Basically this guy told me the same thing they were over booked and because I swore at the front desk clerk I was going to have to leave. After a few minutes of him arguing with me about how I made my reservation 3 ½ weeks ago he agreed “to work with me” was how he put it. He told me he would put us in a room with a king and a sleeper for one night and then move us back to a 2 queen room which I had originally booked. He said because I had booked through the Central Reservation system I could not get the rates I was told, it was only if I booked through the hotel I could get the rates I was told over the phone. I showed him on my phone the number I had called three weeks earlier to make the reservation we even called it and it rang through to your front desk at the hotel, I never called the central reservation number. He still was not convinced and all but called me a liar on this. Even if I had booked through the central reservation system which i did not it was reserved your all super 8 it shouldnt matter!!!! He then basically said we can argue all day but said you are checking out of the room your in and either checking out or taking the room we have for you. So with no other options I moved to the room they provided. There were no towels, the king bed was literally shaped like a V and the TV wasn’t functioning, it was a very old antiquated tv. So at this point this is a 3rd room we have moved all of our stuff to.

The next day I went up to the front desk to get the other room with 2 queen beds we were told we would have after staying in the dumpy room they gave us. We moved all of our stuff into the new room and left for a baseball game. Like many boys do they forget stuff. So I had to drive all the way back from Ephrata to get the forgotten items. When I arrived my key provided by your front desk would not open the door. I asked the housekeeper,( a very nice Mexican lady, which is by the way the best thing this hotel has going for it), to open the door and she could not. The door ended up being broken so after breaking in to the room they asked me to move to yet another room where the door worked, this would be the 5th room I had moved all of our stuff to in 2 days. At least this time the very sweet housekeeper was thoughtful enough to get me a cart to move the stuff in. What a vacation huh? So anyway this takes us to check out.

A few more things before I finish. The pool, for being indoors was very cold. We had some friends staying close to us that were in and RV Park and had an outdoor pool that was warmer than the one in your hotel. The continental breakfast was a joke. The orange juice and milk was very very watered down. There wasn’t one meet product. Why bother having anything if what your going to provide is garbage. During my 15 minute check out process I listened to one of your employees talking about how she had stopped and talked to the hotel manager across the street on her way to work because that manager wanted to “steel her away from super 8” and how badly she wanted to go because they provide better pay and provided benefits, so it sounds like your customers aren’t the only ones with troubles. They were also discussing how someone was coming in late that day, which I believe was you after listening to the conversation. The clerk who checked me me out made grunting noises and spoke with her computer verbally while waiting for it to work and then explained to me how she “liked talking to inanimate objects” and how it made her feel better. Kind of weird and creepy if you ask me, especially in front of the public in a professional workplace.

Like I said the checkout process was slow because of the fact that the computers are evidently slow and your employees were very involved talking about there woes as employees there. When I looked at my bill I was floored. Literally after all I had been through they stuck it to me one more time real good by charging me almost $100 a night at least $25 more a night than I agreed to at check in. Even the night we were forced to stay in the room with one king and no towels or working tv we were charged almost $100. We were charged for a safe we didn’t use and that was the only thing the clerk would reverse. She would not give us the room rates I agreed to and signed at check in. I knew I was going to be writing this letter at this point so I didn’t start a big argument which I knew it would end up being. I pulled out money to pay her, the clerk leaned in and told me how much she liked hundred dollar bills and how “user friendly’ they were, then handed me a receipt. I said I wanted to pay cash that’s why I took the money out of my wallet and that’s what I told the clerk the night I checked in, he told me there would be no charges on my credit card as long as I checked out at the front desk before I left. I asked the clerk who was checking me out to reverse the charges on my card so I could pay cash, she said she could not which I imagine meant was, would not.

So what would I like the outcome of this to be. Not that it matters what I want, but I would like to be reimbursed by check, money order, or reimbursement to my credit card or whatever for the gross over charge for my stay at this hotel. free nights of stay at Super 8 will not be accepted. I was overcharged at least $75 to $100 from what I agreed to when I booked the rooms and when I checked in. Cecilee was probably the rudest person I have ever come across at a hotel in all my years of travel. Granted I generally stay in 4 to 5 star Wyndham hotels on business but customer service is customer service right? I mean was she and the rest of your staff really the best Moses Lake had to offer? Cecilee couldn’t even find a shirt without stains on it to come to work with. I have worked in management for over 23 years she would have plenty of time to shop for a new shirt if she was one of my employees because she would be unemployed. The Mexican Lady who is the lead housekeeper is a wonderful lady, truly cares about her job and customers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jason W
Linda R, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Our main goal is to make every guest happy with there stay unfortunately out of group of 14 rooms Mr. Jason is the only one who book his room as non smoking single queen size bed .and then demanded a room with two queen size bed by using profanity against the desk clerk .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
western Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013

this was a good place to stop after a day on the road. Although the furnishings are dated the rest is great. It included a good breakfast with eggs and waffles.
The place has new beds that are very comfortable. The king was very reasonable.

Room Tip: We got the king room that was very comfortable.