Ramada Moses Lake
Quality Inn(Moses Lake)
$63
QualityInn
$115
Inn At Moses Lake(Moses Lake)
$120
Fairfield Inn & Suites(Moses Lake)
$109
$107
$80
$60
Interstate Inn(Moses Lake)(Great Value!)
$56
Agoda.com
Sage n Sand Motel(Moses Lake)(Great Value!)
$55
Agoda.com
All reviewsfront desk staff were friendlyyogurteggsfast foodcomfortable bedcookiesoff the highwayplace to staynight stayexcellent breakfastthird floorfridge and microwaveother hotelsindoor poolplenty of parkingclean roomshot tub
Reviewed November 14, 2013

About the hotel room... It's a hotel room. I'm an IT professional, and I stayed at the Ramada for two weeks on business. Bigscreen tv, I didn't even look at it, and I could care less. The part of the hotel that matters to me, is the part that keeps me in contact with my world-- internet connectivity.

Ramada Moses Lake has one of the most poorly configured wireless internet systems I've ever seen. Here's why:

The "high speed" wireless internet is provided by DeepBlue Wireless. DeepBlue, GET OUT. There may as well not be Wi-Fi at this hotel because you have provided me with an unstable, flakey, 1995 world-wide-web experience.

Problem #1
All the access points!

A good Wi-Fi network has ONE SSID. I see a 'ramada4', 'ramada2', 'ramada3', and a 'Ramada6'... That's right, that's three little 'r' ramadas and one big 'R' Ramada. Which one do I connect to? Why are there so many? Why are the names inconsistent? A hotel like this should have what's called a roaming Wi-Fi network. There should only be one SSID, which a hotel guest connects to, and without even thinking about it, the guest's device automatically connects to the access point with the strongest signal. In a well designed Wi-Fi system, there is no guesswork for the user.

Problem #2
Channel spacing!

From my hotel room, I can see that the access points 'ramada3' and 'Ramada6' share channel 11. If those two access points are physically located close to each other, they should not be sharing the same channel.

Problem #3
1.1.1.1 redirects

After connecting to one of the many access points and agreeing to the Ramada terms of service, the user is redirected to a blank page with address 1.1.1.1/login.cgi ... oh, that's nice. Another mis-configured network device, resulting in a cryptic and confusing landing page for guests.

Problem #4
Cruel and unusual Quality of Service.

I was unable to upload a 20mb file to my remote office. The upload would consistently time out, as if QoS rules had been set to drop connections when an arbitrary data transfer amount had been reached. I was unable to stay online for more than five minutes at a time. I would regularly lose internet connectivity and have to re-connect to the access point before I could have another chance to browse the 'net.

Conclusion

Fixes for all these problems are easy to set up and do not require special hardware. I am baffled that these problems exist in an established hotel chain in the year 2013. The room and general hotel service are fine, the internet connectivity is not.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris G
hoteltravelors, Manager at Ramada Moses Lake, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Wow, Thank you so much for taking the time to do all this trouble shooting for us. We have already completed many of these sugguestions and the internet speed has greatly increased. We have also set up an ethernet plug in work station in our meeting room that anyone can use at any time to get even faster speed. Internet speed is a high priority here at the Ramada Moses Lake and it has become a focal point of service and improvement for us. Thanks again, and we hope that we can have another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband, three children ages 15,12 & 8, & I stayed a night Nov.8th-9th on our way back home to the East side of the state. The outside of the hotel was very nice and once inside it was beautiful and clean. The room was upstairs and had two queen beds which were very comfortable. We rolled in an extra twin bed for $10 so the kids had more room to sleep. It was such a cute and cozy room and we all loved it. I thought since it was near the highway it would be noisy, but it wasn't at all. We had just stayed on the coast and in comparison, this motel was wonderful....we'd stay here again. The staff was so kind and helpful, very professional. The continental breakfast was great! The girls enjoyed making their own waffles and it just looked so warm and inviting. They had eggs, sausage, english muffins, toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt, milk, coffee, cocoa, waffles, gravy and biscuts, juice....the lobby was very inviting and welcoming. Their was a large flat screen t.v. and cozy furniture. Everything was decorated so pretty... the pool was fun for the kids and there is a small work out room. I can't say enough good things about this place. I honestly was impressed by the lady who set up the breakfast and cleaned the area...she was so pleasant, warm and kind. The young lady on the 8th who checked us in was very pleasant also and professional, went to get us an extra pillow & anything else we needed. As we checked out on the 9th the woman was helpful, professional and kind too. I'm ready to stay again, it is a place that is affordable and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room upstairs above the lobby area and it was very quiet and cozy which surprised me. It was located looking out over the parking area but was beautiful because it was just the carport area we saw and the parking was down over the hill. The motel was seated up on the hill with nice landscaping....I just loved how pretty it all was.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking your time to give us this awesome review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
hoteltravelors, Owner at Ramada Moses Lake, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Reviewed October 29, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 16, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
hoteltravelors, Manager at Ramada Moses Lake, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013