“Pretty good Mexican in a Very Small Town” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Montesano, Washington
“Pretty good Mexican in a Very Small Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had low expectations going to this restaurant but I was pleasantly surprised. Good prices, very fast service, and really good shredded chicken in the tacos and burritos. Decor isn't great but food is good!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Montesano
“A Mexican restaurant with traditional 'American style' mexican food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

It's a long way from Mexico but the flavors and sauces are familiar. I enjoyed the mole with chicken although it was a thinner sauce than my mother makes.

Visited February 2013
Montesano, Washington
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Pretty good food. Very standard Americanized Mexican restaurant offerings. The coktel marisco is my favorite. Always served quickly and nice and hot. Nothing bad about the food but nothing spectacular. Great value.

Visited August 2012
Friday Harbor
“It was just kind of lame”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stopped in for dinner last night with modest expectations of a Mexican place in a small gringo town. I should I have known better when I saw hamburgers mixed in with chimmichangas, and tacos.

I was going to just get a couple of tacos, with some rice and beans, but their taco selection was limited to chicken, ground beef, & shredded beef. No carnitas, no chorizo, just chicken & beef. I should have left then, but I went for the Sopitos, which said they were homemade. I couldn't verify this when it came because they were surrounded by lame rice & beans, and covered with a huge pile of iceburg lettuce, sour cream, & guacamole. I had to burrow through all of this to find my entree, which like everything was kind of lame.

This wasn't a bad place, nothing was rancid, the servers didn't swear at me, it was just uninspired, out of a box Mexican food. It was just throughly lame. At least it was cheap I guess.

Visited October 2012

Been to El Rancho? Share your experiences!