“Nice food in an unexpected location”

Tuscano's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Italian
Issaquah, Washington
“Nice food in an unexpected location”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were driving through Monroe and decided to stop here for lunch. It was either this or the RedRobin next door. We like to pick local over chain restaurants. This turns out was ex-Canyons. The decor is still Canyons, except the menu. I had the italian tacos and it was awesome. Mini pizzas rolled like tacos with awesome chicken filings.

Good wine-beer options. Service was polite and attentive. Will definitely go here again if we have a stop in Monroe again

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DetectiveMuffin

Bozeman, Montana, United States
“Just average.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I would have to say it's just average. The place was very noisy, the seating wasn't all that comfortable and we were stuck in an awkward location at the back. I was not terribly impressed with the menu, service or food.

Visited June 2013
Monroe, Washington
“Italian in Monroe!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having longed for an Italian restaurant in Monroe for years, Tuscano's came in and fit the bill. The owners are dedicated to providing quality Italian cuisine to those of us who crave it.

Visited April 2013
Redmond, WA
“Good place for a meal”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I still wish it was Canyons, but this place is ok. The pizza is good, the salads are good. Service is only ok. Atmosphere is loud. Value is middle of the road. Their bread pudding is not the same as it was when it was canyons and that was my favorite dessert of all time. I was completely disappointed!

• Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Great gluten-free menu”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My 10-year old daughter and I visited Tucano's for the first time as I had heard they had a good selection of gluten free options. Being celiac, this is hard to come by at times.

The atmosphere is family-friendly, comfortable and spaced nicely. My daughter loved the drawing paper table cloth and crayons and it kept us both entertained and engaged until our meal came.

My daughter had the children's Mio pizza, which was a thin, crisp crust cheese pizza. Nothing outstanding, but she said it was good (better than RR's across the street) and ate the whole thing, which surprised me, but is proof on its own. Her meal came with a sundae that was 'built' at our table. She thought this was something only reserved for your birthday. It's amazing what a little chocolate sauce, gummy bears, whip cream, rainbow sprinkles and a maraschino cherry can do for a child...of any age!

Myself, I had the small Caesar salad, which was typical and gluten free seafood linguine, which was excellent. The portion size was excellent (the left over was my lunch today), though I felt it was a little sparse with only three prawns. Overall very good and something I will have again. I would have liked the option of gluten free bread, roll or baguette as a side, especially being there is such an excellent GF bakery right next door to them, but hopefully it's something they will add soon.

The service was good, though not "over the top". We will definitely return again in the near future as a family and with friends!

Visited February 2013