“Great gluten-free menu”

Tuscano's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 72 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
“Great gluten-free menu”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My 10-year old daughter and I visited Tucano's for the first time as I had heard they had a good selection of gluten free options. Being celiac, this is hard to come by at times.

The atmosphere is family-friendly, comfortable and spaced nicely. My daughter loved the drawing paper table cloth and crayons and it kept us both entertained and engaged until our meal came.

My daughter had the children's Mio pizza, which was a thin, crisp crust cheese pizza. Nothing outstanding, but she said it was good (better than RR's across the street) and ate the whole thing, which surprised me, but is proof on its own. Her meal came with a sundae that was 'built' at our table. She thought this was something only reserved for your birthday. It's amazing what a little chocolate sauce, gummy bears, whip cream, rainbow sprinkles and a maraschino cherry can do for a child...of any age!

Myself, I had the small Caesar salad, which was typical and gluten free seafood linguine, which was excellent. The portion size was excellent (the left over was my lunch today), though I felt it was a little sparse with only three prawns. Overall very good and something I will have again. I would have liked the option of gluten free bread, roll or baguette as a side, especially being there is such an excellent GF bakery right next door to them, but hopefully it's something they will add soon.

The service was good, though not "over the top". We will definitely return again in the near future as a family and with friends!

Visited February 2013

“Just what I needed...”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great service, great food and good location near the movie theater. While we were here the owner even stopped by our table to check on us! Loved it. This place used to be a Canyons and I am so glad for the new decor, the new menu and the new name. We'll be back.

• Visited January 2013
“Left disappointed.. Twice!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time here. Nothing changed from the first time. Food wasn't that great, service was horrible, overall not a pleasant experience. We went here most recently on a recommendation from a friend. They were advertising a 2 for $25 deal. We still ended up paying $50. No big deal. Our waitress, who was training someone never even came to our table after taking our order or bringing us our dinner.. The trainee didn't bother either. We decided we won't be coming back again. I think the owners should bring back Canyons! Yum!

1 Thank Areviewer12
Snohomish, Washington
“Too much noise”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is really great but the canned music is really too loud. They will turn it down if asked but it really keeps me out of there. Trumpet music and crying children just don't go together.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank snohomishsally
Spokane, Washington
“Same owners - different menu”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Tuscano's WAS "Canyons" and now is an "Italian Kitchen". I ordered the Seafood Canneloni and it was rich & cheesy, but VERY thin on the advertised shrimp, crabmeat and scallops. In fact I did not find any scallops.

If the owners (same according to an employee) are trying to compete with the nearby Red Robin and other eateries, the lack of customers in an ideal location might be a hint for them that Monroe is not supporting this change.

Visited July 2012