“Had a Chuckle”
Review of Monroe Motel

Monroe Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I'm responsible for booking all my husbands trips and I depend on the reviews here on Tripadvisor to help me make the best choice for his hotel rooms. He had a job on the outskirts of Monroe and once I saw the high cost of a hotel room with the others I began pouring over the reviews here for the Monroe Hotel. I love the statements saying not to judge it by the outside or the mobile home park it shares land with. That information along with everyone saying how clean it was sold me that this was the place to book him. Flash forward weeks later when he arrives at the Monroe and I am standing on Vegas BLVD in Las Vegas when my phone rings and it's my husband who says to me, " I'm standing outside this motel in Monroe you've booked me in. Woman, do you have ANY idea where you booked me?" Once I stopped laughing I told him of all the wonderful reviews and to take a look at the room and if he didn't feel is was as good as all the reviews said then I would jump right on finding another place. Well, he did and he stayed. If he ever finds himself back in Monroe for work, he will gladly stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank techies
ABVISeatac, Manager at Monroe Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Techies -

Thank you for your comments and feedback - reading your review definitely prompted myself to have a chuckle as well :-) We are very happy to hear that your husband was able to experience the value and comfort we strive to provide at the Monroe Motel - we are more then an image we take hospitality to a personal level. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Classic case of really nice people running a place far past it's prime. The room was musty like staff quarters on opening day of summer camp after a long winter off. The door doesn't even have a deadbolt and could have been opened with a credit card. This facility may have once been a gem but is now long past any resemblance of a place I'd stay again. They don't even provide maid service so if you expect clean towels you will be disappointed. The carpeting is glued down indoor-outdoor carpet over a cement slab. On a positive note, the office staff are really friendly and accommodating. There is plenty of hot water and the heater works well. Note: There are no outlets in the bathroom and, if you go, you'd be well advised to take your own shampoo and soap.

Room Tip: If you have the choice look for another place. Not recommended for the lady traveler just from a sa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
ABVISeatac, Manager at Monroe Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear James,

Thank you for your feedback - we are always looking to improve our service and experience for our guests. We take guest satisfaction and customer service very strongly. I am glad to hear our staff was able to provide you with good service - we do definitely provide housekeeping services to all of our guests so this is something we will be taking a look at to see why your experience was not as expected.

thank you and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

New management. They lost several of last years reservations for the Mtn.Man show but managed to get us all in. We had a clean room, just a bit worn. Very quiet. There are NO bedbugs! Management showed us the last few exterminator reports. Walking along the creek was soothing. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. The adjoining trailer park is full of families that keep track of children & pets and they all seem to leave for work quietly.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for non smoking
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great motel in its price range. Room was clean and quiet. Check-in was easy and courteous.
Don't let the initial looks of the place fool you. Great bargain. Pick a room the backs onto the creek. Motel is off the main highway but close to resturants and the Evergreen State Fairgrounds.

Room Tip: Piick a room that backs onto the creek at the back of the property.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Retired56
Reviewed August 5, 2012

If you are looking for a Hilton type room Monroe Motel is not they place for you. But...when looking for a quiet, reasonably priced room it was spot on. I was looking for a hotel/motel close to my daughter for a couple day visit. Being from Nebraska and on a very tight budget the other hotels in the area were over $100 a night. I was crushed thinking I would need to drive from another town for daily visits. Then I found the Monroe Motel and was delighted to know I would only be a few miles away from my daughter and her family. I was traveling alone and Larry made me feel right at home and comfortable with my stay and encouraged me to call if I needed anything.
I kept up with my work emails with the a great connection on their free WiFi. The room was very clean and neat. Heck the bathtub has better water pressure than my own home.
As I said if you are looking for a hotel with "all the amenities" this is not the place, but if you need a room to lay your head with peace and quiet this IS the place.
Yes there is a mobile home park adjacent to the property, but it was well maintained and I had no troubles at all.
I am so glad I found the Monroe Motel and will plan on staying here again when I return for future visits.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rzmoose
ABVISeatac, Manager at Monroe Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Guest - Thank you for your review, we are very happy to see that our location not only fit your needs but in such enjoyable fashion. Our goal is to treat all of our clients as personal guests and the entire staff is there to assist as needed. We cant wait to see you return in the future for your family visits!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I enjoy most reviews about this Motel but I think "motel at it's end " should give it another try. I have lived in Monroe & years now and I never really gave this Motel a chance. I checked on line for another Motel in Monroe and they didn't even have a website. I found Monroe Motel and they even had pics on the rooms. When my husband and I went by with r kids they let us check the room out first. My kids needed a no smoking room and when u walked in it smelled very pleasant. It had a great view of the river, a small fridge and very clean. All u need for a restful night. The manger was very helpful thanked my son for his service and let them know to call if they needed anything. The Rv's etc might not make it look good but just drive in chat a bit and check out the rooms. You will be pleased. When my son and wife visit they will stay here and my husband and I already making plans to get away and this is where we will stay. Take a top paying room in Monroe with a dead pool or take a better priced room with a river view.

Room Tip: Any room on left or right of office have a great river view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mndsheridan
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed at the Monroe Motel in mid-August. I was a spectator at the Lake Stevens Ironman and did not want to pay twice the amount at some hotel in Everett. I was a tad leery because of the price. The standard 1-queen room was listed as $59 online. However, because I was staying solo, the price automatically dropped by $5...sweet!

I want to make you aware of this: when I pulled into the driveway, I seriously thought about not checking in. The Motel shares land with a mobile-home park...and that is the FIRST thing you see. As a woman traveling alone, my instinct was telling me this was an unsafe situation. HOWEVER, to cut to the chase, my stay was absolutely fine. There were no issues with the people who live/hang out in that part of the property...no loud or drunk voices late at night and no creepy lurkers. There is plenty of space, too, away from that area.

When I arrived at the office, I was told that my room wasn't quite ready. Rather than making me wait, they switched me to an end room with 2 queens....no price change, of course. It's a single-level building so no thuds from people above or below. My car was parked right outside my room. The room, itself, was very clean, roomy, and QUIET. I had to get up super early, so the black-out shades were great. I enjoyed opening the back slider to listen to the little creek. The bathroom wasn't roomy but was very clean and had nice toiletries.

I will stay at the Monroe again if I go to next year's Ironman. I didn't read about the Mobile Home park here in any comments I read pre-trip, so I was not prepared for that and wanted you to have a heads' up about it. Lots of restaurants, lower-priced gas stations, etc...and NOT located on a busy main road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room against the creek.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
11  Thank NowImHere
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Best Western Sky Valley Inn
Fairground Inn
Fairground Inn
#4 of 5 in Monroe
Evergreen Inn and Suites

Been to Monroe Motel? Share your experiences!