“Clean and Convenient”

Evergreen Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed at GuestHouse Inn for 1 night during our drive through Monroe. Overall, a good value as we found the hotel very clean, the staff friendly, and good breakfast. The only thing disappointing was that there was no refrigerator in our room. When we asked for a room with a frig, the front desk told us all those rooms were occupied unless we wanted to upgrade to a suite.

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd floor room if you want less road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rhnaks
Guesthouse Inn M, Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of our property, your comments are valued. Please do not hesitate to contact us in advance of your next stay so we can try to arrange your request prior to your arrival. Hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Evergreen Inn and Suites

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Good stay, until I was charged more than I was told and then after checking out they rerung my card and charged me double. I called in and they said they were allowed to do it and go ahead and to media.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank rq91
Guesthouse Inn M, Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Hello Rq91,

I’m sorry about the misunderstanding, but as explained on the phone before. The 1st charge was voided out because it did not include the pet fee. The voided charge takes the credit card companies 5-7 business days and this process cannot be expedited on our end. I assure you the 1st charge will be removed from your bank statement. If it does not please call us back to resolve the issue. Again, I apologize about the misunderstanding and inconvenience.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is a great hotel, well-located in Monroe, WA. We were in the area for a family function in Snohomish. Great staff and very clean. They also offer a nice breakfast as well. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Delorme1
Guesthouse Inn M, Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for the great review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had recently finished a course, and needed a place for the evening to cleanup and rest before my drive home. The young lady at the front counter was very helpful and friendly. She recommended a quiet room in the building, a local place to buy a book, and informed me of the half off deal at the pizza place across the road if I showed my room card. What first struck me about this hotel was how clean it was. The common areas and my room were all spotless. The breakfast was passable, and I got a load of laundry done in the onsite machines. My room was missing the TV remote, so the young lady brought one up immediately. The in-room coffee maker was plugged up. Ultimately spilling coffee everywhere just before I checked out. No news paper to be had that morning, as apparently it didn't get delivered for some reason. Overall, a very good stay at a clean, comfortable, hotel. I will be returning when I'm back in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor if you are looking for a relatively quiet night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeffrey R

Jeffrey, thank you for your time to write this great review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next visit.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed at the Guesthouse for a wedding recently. The Front Desk Clerk (Anita) that checked us in was fabulous. Very kind and helpful. She had great suggestions for places to eat and was very good with directions on places we needed to go. We also had a pet with us that she came out and greeted like he was her own. Kudos to her. The hotel was very clean and comfortable with a good breakfast to get you going in the morning. Very nice staff. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ana t

Ana, It's great to hear that you had a memorable stay with us here at the Guest House Inn & Suites in Monroe. We are glad our employee was able to give you the information you asked for. We look forward to seeing you and your pet again.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

DO NOT USE FOR GROUP RESERVATIONS - SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES

I had the most unprofessional experience here ever. I am my daughters soccer team travel coordinator and have made numerous group hotel reservation bookings in the past several years without issue. This Guesthouse Inn and the booking manager Bill put a stop to my good luck.

I called Bill to check into a group booking - asking for 12 rooms. He said he had 10 rooms available and quoted me a price of 115.00. I said we would take them. I asked for a contract to be emailed and he said he didnt have contracts but he would call me back with all of the finalized details.

The next day he called me back stating the rooms would be 125.00, he could only hold them for 7 days before turning them back into inventory, and he only had one type of room available (all different information than what was given initially). I was very disappointed with this unprofessional service and should have stopped and gone elsewhere at that time but decided to move forward since I had already invested so much time into this hotel thus far. I confirmed the group booking.

The very next day I received a message from Bill stating that they would have to release the rooms as the hotel was filling up and he wouldnt be giving us the 7 day agreed upon time frame for parents to call in. I was very angry at the bait and switch and called back but he did not return my call.

The next day I received notice from a parent that the hotel was booked and they could not honor our booking. So basically he undercut our team to fill the hotel up quicker.

I called Bill and expressed my displeasure of his unethical business practices and he just kept repeating that the hotel had filled up.

I called corporate headquarters and expressed my concern over the shady business practices. They apologized but an apology certainly doesnt fix the dilemma we are now in with no hotel for our team for a tournament.

All hotels I have worked with (Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Doubletree, Oxford Inn, Ramada, Best Western) have ALL been professional, efficient, honest, and easy to work with with group bookings. Guesthouse Inn has a LOT to learn from other hotels on how to handle group bookings. Unbelievable. I will never book any stay with them anywhere for any reason.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank olystacy
Guesthouse Inn M, General Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Olystacy,

We are sorry to you had such an unpleasant experience booking with us. I can reassure you all of the complaints are from a misunderstanding that I can clear up. We have recently moved from blocking rooms off during the busy weekend during the busy season in the summer such as August, which is a month you requested to having an open block. Open blocked reservations are where we allocate a certain number of available rooms close to the amount you request the hold only lasts a few days, but soon after it is released to the general public.

The reason for this change is because in the past we have blocked off rooms for guests and most of them are unused and the person who made the reservation is billed for unused rooms. We have found that doing the open block for certain busy weekend puts pressure off of us as well as the guest coordinating the group reservation. The open block allows for a few days for the group to reserve without the risk of being billed for unused rooms that is why your credit card information was not taken.

As for the prices, the standard king was quoted at 115+tax, and because we were out of the double queens I had given a discount for suites which are normally $20 more expensive than the kings, but they were quoted at $125+tax because there were no more queens available.

Lastly, I had called to inform you that I had gotten a number of calls reserving for the same weekend your soccer tournament was happening so that you would have some time to call the parents to hurry them to reserve the room. It's unfortunate that there was so much miscommunication involved, and I apologize if I wasn't clear.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Monroe/Snohomish area doesn't offer a lot of choices in hotels. The Guesthouse was tidy, had a nice indoor pool, large breakfast space and a quiet room. Nothing to rave about or rant about. Just a nice, tidy motel that met our needs.

Room Tip: Mapquest gives some kooky directions. It's really just right off highway 2 in Monroe.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Guesthouse Inn M, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2014

Thank You for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Best Western Sky Valley Inn
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Woodinville WA
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 22 in Everett
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
Comfort Inn & Suites Bothell - Seattle North

Been to Evergreen Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!