“basic and met our needs”

Evergreen Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Monroe/Snohomish area doesn't offer a lot of choices in hotels. The Guesthouse was tidy, had a nice indoor pool, large breakfast space and a quiet room. Nothing to rave about or rant about. Just a nice, tidy motel that met our needs.

Room Tip: Mapquest gives some kooky directions. It's really just right off highway 2 in Monroe.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Guesthouse Inn M, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2014

Thank You for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed for two nights for the opening weekend of the races at Evergreen Speedway. Surprised there's was no refrigerator or microwave since that is usually pretty standard in area hotel rooms. Had to go buy an ice chest to keep water and soda cold.

Beds were not pillowtop and not the most comfortable by far. Overall it was clean with the exception of the occasional pet hair in your bedding. Since they allow dogs it would be nice if they had pet designated rooms and bedding.

The staff was nice. The worst part of our stay was the "long term" guests we had surrounding us. They would come and go with their dogs all hours of the day and night to smoke and to avoid using a key they would flip the security latch and let the door slam against it to keep it propped open. This woke me up at least every hour all night each night. Did not sleep more than a couple hours in two nights. :-(

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank wildeclark
Guesthouse Inn M, Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Wildeclark,

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your business. I do apologize about the noise and fridge. We are in the process of slowly upgrading the hotel so that all of our units will have fridges in our standard kings and double queens. Hopefully the next time you visit it will be complete!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Traveled here with family for weekend trip to Steven's Pass and is a great place to stay. Hands down best breakfast ever! tons of choices and my favorite cinnabon cinnamon rolls. our stay was very clean and services was great in accommodating our needs. Rooms were big, beds were comfy, and was perfect for our family.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Howard W
Guesthouse Inn M, Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

We're glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Nice hotel for the location and small town. Bit pricey at $120/night, but I guess that is what the ski market will bare. Desk clerk was exceptional. He even let us borrow the dining book for a bit to try and find a place to eat. Breakfast was acceptable, nothing fancy. Beds comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank linda g
Guesthouse Inn M, General Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Linda g,

Thank you for leaving us a comment! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you stayed with us! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was visiting some family from out of town and we decided to stay in Monroe and found this great hotel! The rooms were spacious and beds were very comfortable. The kids had a great time using the pool and hot tub which were indoors. The service was fast and courteous, attentive to our needs. Lastly, the breakfast was incredibly generous with lots of options, including cinnamon rolls, waffles sausages and the whole nine yards. Will be staying there again!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Kenny D
Guesthouse Inn M, General Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you Kenny for your review of our hotel! We are very happy that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Guesthouse Inn and Suites. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I booked two rooms in advance (for myself and my Sales Manager); when his flight was cancelled due to weather and he was unable to reschedule, I called the hotel to cancel the room. Stating their policy of 24hr cancellation, I was still charged for my Sales Manager's room; even when I explained the situation, they still charged me.
I travel extensively on business, and when a similar circumstance has arisen OUT OF MY CONTROL, the hotel has always waived their POLICY. Not this one. Charlinna, the front desk assistant manager was inflexible and insisted this was their policy. My attempts to contact the owner were thwarted.
Business travel can be grueling and a hotel's hospitality can go a long way to make it tolerable; this hotel's inflexibility was completely antithetical to the hospitality I receive from just about every other hotel. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank JohnC_AVK
Guesthouse Inn M, Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

JohnC_AVK,

While we are willing to negotiate our policy when weather conditions do not permit travel, at the time of cancellation the weather in both the departing and arriving cities were not that of which a flight would have been delayed much less cancelled. I appreciate that situations arise and if you have some evidence of the weather problem you descried or if there was another reason that you feel was unavoidable I would be happy to discuss this situation further; you can reach me directly by email at monroeguesthouse@gmail.com

Our policy is there to protect guests as much as ourselves; if you have a room set aside I cannot sell it to someone else who might need it. We take every precaution to keep our guests from being charged in error and I am always willing to discuss what happened when someone fails to arrive safely. Our guests are our top priority and I thank you for your honest review.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Clean, spacious rooms. Quiet throughout the week days, which makes it great for business travelers. Staff members are friendly and accommodating, making you feel at home. I didn't try the breakfast buffet, but my colleagues said it was very good.

Room Tip: I would recommend going with a deluxe room, where you will also get a small refrigerator and a micro...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Guesthouse Inn M, Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you megakins!

You're review means a lot to us and we appreciate the time you took to write it. We're also delighted to see that your stay with us was an enjoyable one.

Hope to see you again,

Front Desk Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Best Western Sky Valley Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Bothell - Seattle North
Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites
Best Western Cascadia Inn
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell

Been to Evergreen Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!