Evergreen Inn and Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$135
Hotels.com
Monroe Motel(Monroe)
$72
Hotwire.com
$134
Hampton.com
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell(Bothell)(Great Value!)
$119
Willows Lodge(Woodinville)
$342
$289
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindoor poolfront desksausagea great place to stayhard boiled eggsfree breakfastin townyogurtthe check in processnice breakfastwithin walking distancebeds were comfortablecinnamon bunsperfect hotelpet friendly roomolder hotelthis past weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed at this Hotel several times in the past and re-booked another visit online using their pre-pay "7 day advance" option for a small discount. My plans got changed to a different city in Washington and I called to transfer my booking to a different Guest House about 200 miles away just this one time. I did NOT ask for a refund- as no refunds are allowed with the prepay option. However, it does NOT say non transferable. So when I called the Hotel General Manager, she flat out told me NO she would not help me. I was shocked! I was told all GuestHouse Hotels are owned separately and she was not giving up my $300.00 to another GuestHouse. I've spent over $5000.00 at this Hotel and that made NO difference to her. She is the new manager and she refused to show any value to my loyalty. JUST BEWARE! This new manager/owner named SUZIE is money hungry and will charge you for anything/everything she can find. Terrible Guest Service!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank XXKRISPY
Guesthouse Inn M, Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I would like to thank you for leaving a review. We cannot hope to improve without proper feedback from our guests.

We are still in the process of solving this issue with you through our corporate office. I have an account of what happened from each of my employees and from the corporate office, but I would very much appreciate speaking to you directly.

We value every guest and we want all of them to enjoy a pleasant stay with us, as such we have not closed this matter. It is very important to us that you feel we have done everything in our power to accommodate your needs.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience through the front desk 360-863-1900 or via email at monroeguesthouse@gmail.com. My hours are Fri-Tue 8 am to 3 pm.

Charlinna Walser
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hi everyone, I highly recommend this place to anyone staying in the area. The place has great staff and very good breakfast in the morning! Every request for extra towels, TP etc were all met very promptly with a smile. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: A very family friendly environment!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend for a race. Nice and clean, no unusual smells, and people were friendly. We ended up staying here since it had the indoor pool plus the breakfast. Both were well worth the extra money over one of the other places we considered. I'll keep this place in mind for next time I have to stay in Monroe.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Hey all,

Had a good experience with these folks. Went up a day before to shorten the trip to Steven's pass with a couple buddies from college. Great location -- we were able to catch a flick at the movie theater and then get some lunch packed for tomorrow's skiing/snowboarding. It's about an hour away from Steven's so like I said, great location if you're looking to hit the slopes with a good night's rest. Didn't find anything wrong with the rooms. For the price we paid and the room we got, it was what we expected so no complaints.

They provide breakfast in the morning with a pretty good selection from cinnamon rolls and waffles, to cereal and fruit. They have a pool and a hot tub which we didn't take advantage of (weren't really in the mood) but certainly nice to have.

The front desk employee, Anita was very friendly from start to finish and made the check-in and check-out process seamless. Kudos to her because she asked us if we had AAA and saved us a few bucks each. The only other employee we encountered was the person in charge of the breakfast bar, but i can't recall her name (sorry!). She was very helpful as well and got us nice and full before the drive.

It looked like the only other hotel around the area was a Best Western so Monroe is a bit limited in choice, but I would stay here again just because the staff was friendly, the room was good for what it was, and the breakfast is free. I'd recommend this place to others.

Thanks,
James

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We made our reservations for a one-night stay at this hotel using one of the more popular online travel sites and got a small discount off the rate advertised on the GuestHouse website. At the time of the transaction, I requested an early check-in for 2 p.m. (standard check-in time is 3 p.m.). The travel site recommended that any such special requests be confirmed with the proprietor by telephone. I neglected to confirm this request, yet when we arrived, even earlier than expected, our room was ready. The front desk clerk offered a friendly greeting and actually seemed to be expecting us.

The lobby was attractive and comfortable featuring a fireplace and a small desk equipped with a computer and a printer. Free issues of USA Today were available for the taking. An elevator just off the lobby was a nice convenience as our room was on the third floor.

The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The king bed had four pillows, two soft and two firm. We slept very well. There was a modestly sized flat screen TV in an armoire and a clock radio at the bedside. There was one lounge chair and a small desk with an office chair, telephone, coffee maker and guest guide. The bathroom was clean and featured a large mirror, a tub/shower and a hair dryer. There was an ample supply of hot water and the water volume in the shower was sufficient despite being equipped with a “water saving” showerhead.

The pool area was clean and well maintained. There was a room adjacent to the lobby with a large TV and a view of the pool where a free continental breakfast was served. Breakfast consisted of a variety of cereals, bagels, cinnamon rolls, sausage, boiled eggs, milk, juice, coffee, fruit, yogurt and freshly made waffles.

I read some of the less glowing reviews this hotel had received from others. In our experience, all of the staff were friendly and attentive and the hotel was clean and quiet. It’s true that there were white, horizontal lines running through the TV picture on two of the local channels, but all of the other stations came in just fine. The internet signal was less than robust, but adequate. The closet was small and hanging items had to be tweaked at angle for the door to close. I cannot imagine how this issue could be resolved, but it is a minor inconvenience. There is a train that goes through town and it can be heard from this property, but we only heard it once in the late afternoon and I considered it a quaint reflection of the hotel’s rural location. At checkout I inquired about recent improvements and was told that the hotel was under new management. Those who had a bad experience in the past might want to give this place another try.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Monroe.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple