“So-So”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Visiting family in Monroe we thought it was beautiful place, great atmosphere but the food was not that impressive for the locale and cost.The salmon entree came with Halibut instead so one person had to wait while others ate. We'll give it one more try when in the area but hope it improves.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was a while ago, but we were using a living social coupon to go see this restaurant and from the very beginning, our experience of the food was horrible. The steak was so bad, I sent it back and asked for a different cut. The potatoes that came with the dish were burned! Just overall, not worth what you pay...

1  Thank Anie H
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This restaurant has the atmosphere and the potential to be a wonderful place, BUT! It is horrible the food is horrible, the service is horrible, I should have went to jack in the box across the way. Look here owners of this place, you are going to go out of business if you don't get it together.

1  Thank Someone576
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Four of us had a table by the window on a Friday night. Three ordered prime rib and I had the halibut. If you live nearby, it is probably the best restaurant. I wouldn't go out of my way again.

The food was nothing to write home about. No cigar!

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We assumed this would be great based on the high prices and menu options...the food was not very good...it took over an hour for us to receive our dinner.
About 20 minutes after ordering i was told they ran out mashed potatoes and so if I still wanted them they would be served separate.
For an entree, i received crab stuffed "prawns"which tastes like something from a Chinese buffet. In reality, they were 5 tiny pieces of frozen shrimp topped with breadcrumbs.
For a vegetable it came with a huge STALK of broccoli which was cold in the middle.
After that, it was about another 10 minutes the bus boy cleared our table...we waited...and waited....-another 10 minutes later she finally brought my mashed potatoes -I was very surprised when she asked if I would like her to box them up to go? I was still pretty hungry due to the extremely small "prawns" so I was looking forward to what I hoped would be the best part of the meal, boy was I wrong-they were the worst mashed potatoes I have ever had in my life, they were chunky, watered down, and tasted like vegetable oil.
Our meal ended being $75 (with NO alcoholic beverages)which is pretty pricey.
As far as service our waitress wasnt very attentive. She didn't seem too experienced and was pretty ditsy. ONE example would be when she asked how I liked the potatoes, when i told her she said "oh i feel bad" and she handed us our $75 bill.
Needless to say this was our first and last time we will ever go to Sockeyes in Monroe.

3  Thank heather s