All reviews quiet beach enjoy the ocean view ocean shores beach access management team full size fridge dog towels private deck sand dollars dog pictures walk in shower first floor bed was comfortable corner room easy access unit chihuahua
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Very friendly staff. Room was very nice with a gorgeous view at the see.
I was sad that I had to leave. Next time, we book a longer stay. Free parking place right in front of the hotel. Wish we could stay longer.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2018

Our room was equipped perfectly. No frills - but the essentials were well thought-out. Loved the fact that we could sit outside our room and drift away looking at the ocean at our doorstep. Had to chance to venture down to the beach and that was a real highlight. The history of this hotel's location is super interesting and nostalgic. We'd definitely stay here again and recommend it to all that ask for our opinion.

Room Tip: Second floor looking at the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2018

My friends stay down the road at a larger complex. Since I need my own space I book a room at the Moonstone, and have done so for the past two years. It works out great for me. I basically use it for sleeping, showering and a leisurely cup of coffee in the morning by the window enjoying the view. I don't know how well the rooms would work for a larger party or for cooking meals. I've only stayed on the lower level, so can't say how much different the rooms are on the upper level. I've stayed in the dog friendly rooms although I don't travel with dogs, and are allergic to most. The fact that I don't have any allergy problems shows how well they clean. The bed is comfortable and I've slept well. There is one comfortable chair and two metal stools, that aren't very comfortable. If you like doing puzzles, playing games or sitting at the table for a meal the stools might be a problem. There is great beach access by car or walking. The view can't be beat! I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Updated furnishings, lovely beach views. Easy access to driving on the beach or walking through the dunes. Hard for me to manage the upper level stairs. I would definitely request the lower level next time, but we were booking reservations in June! So glad we made it out of the fire smoke for awhile as Moclips is clear while most of the Peninsula was affected. They do have ramps for disabilities but you would need to book ahead. Our service dogs were well received everywhere. (One elderly & one in training)

Room Tip: Corner suites have great views & upper decks can leave doors open.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2018

The management team is super friendly. The wifi is very spotty. Newly remodeled, but some of the remodeling was cheaply done. The room was very clean and spacious. We were in room 4 and we had family members in room 5 (which is a corner room). All of our family members loved our time here. We were all in downstairs rooms and never heard any noise from the folks above us.

Room Tip: Room 5 is a corner room on the first level and so the views are spectacular.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family