“I needed a getaway where I could wake up to the ocean & this spot was perfect! Shabby, but cozy-peaceful,but fun”

Moonstone Beach Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Moclips
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We truly enjoyed our stay. It was a warm, inviting, comfortable space that was affordable & (most importantly to me)dog friendly. The trip was for my eldest dog-child who is fighting a losing battle w/the cancer demon.We wanted him to have fun & feel loved. Jim & Patty made my wishes for him come true. I'd recommend the Moonstone to anyone looking for an inexpensive, but clean vacation to the ocean. I stayed in Rm 2 & also 8-both were self sufficient & headache free. We had everything we could need in both rooms! Just remember to bring coffee!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Basenjiarmy

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Rustic, older accommodations - kitchen had what was needed and the beds were comfortable. It is steps from the beach, a real plus. Also quiet at night so no disturbed sleep! Management was friendly and accommodating. It was like having your own private cabin. The price was right!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pat G
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This motel had everything we needed and wanted! The room had a great view, kitchen, extra bed and is dog friendly! The bed was so cozy and everything was clean and comfortable.
The manager was super friendly and even though we showed up after midnight, he checked us in with a smile!
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor..the view is amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank corinaandryan
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I come to the Moonstone when I need to: not talk to humans, drink wine and stare at the ocean, dig my toes in some sand, and wake up to more of the same. If I had a lot of expendable income, I'd probably rent a private cabin on the Oregon coast somewhere, but the Moonstone is the next best thing.

The owner is super nice, the bed was surprisingly cozy, and the view is amazing.

It may be time for some new deck chairs, but otherwise a great ocean visit and I'll be back again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sara R
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at the Moonstone Beach Motel a couple of years ago. We loved it!!! For the price everything was (and still is) very satisfactory. The motel is older, but clean & comfortable, and the location is wonderful. Our first trip we had a great time and the managers awesome.
When booking the room over the phone I spoke with Patti. She was very friendly when we chatted, and even remembered us from our previous trip.
Upon arrival, Jim checked us in and he too was very friendly, remembering us from our previous trip.
After driving 3 hours and loading things into our room we were excited to be back and were walking around the upper deck. We showed a friend who was with us (thru the window), the room we stayed in previously. Then we came to the very last room on the 2nd floor that was much larger than ours, and could see it was empty through the sliding glass door. We were curious if that room might be a better one to rent on another trip because it it's size. The sliding glass door was unlocked so we entered and took a quick look around, then stepped back out. It's a motel room...there were no personal belongings. If there had been a sign of someone staying in the room, we would have never entered.
When we came out Patti was outside and angry with us. She made us feel that were were in there to steal something. She kept repeating that we entered a room without having any idea if it was occupied by someone else...why would we do that? I tried several times to assure her that we would never have entered the room had we saw signs of someone occupying it. I kept apologizing and said it would not happen again. She repeated herself a few more times, then shook her head as if disgusted, and walked away without saying another word. We did not see either manager for the rest of the weekend, but it sure did feel unwelcome for the next three days.
I who entered the unoccupied room, am a 51 year old woman and the other woman with me is 72 years old...we by no means looks like thiefs. But shame on us for not asking the managers if we could see the room first. We know better than that and will NEVER do it again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2012

From the outside, the Moonstone Beach Motel looks a little worse for wear. But don't be fooled because the parts that matter most are excellent. The room was cozy and warm on a rainy June weekend. The view was exceptional with nothing blocking the beach and ocean. I loved the little kitchen and it had everything I needed to cook delicious meals. And it was easy to manage my two wet dogs with the provided dog towels. I would not recommend room 3 for tall folks as the bathroom has a funky sloping ceiling that requires a bath or kneeling shower but for me, it was perfect for a bubble bath. But the most important part was that it was super clean and the bed was wonderfully comfortable with luxurious linens and towels. And then there's the beautiful, car-free beach where my doggies got to run and play for hours on end. On Saturday, the sun came out and we were treated to the most stunning sunset. This is a lovely place and a great, affordable getaway where you can bring your pets.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank T Anne S
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is my third stay at the Moonstone since 1999. I absolutely love this motel. It isn't elegant in any way, shape, or form, but it has a great location, helpful and friendly managers, and pretty much anything goes so long as you're being respectful of others. We just spent a sunny weekend here, and there were very few people on the beach. Very relaxing! The managers provided charcoal to help us use the grill for our steaks. They also provided good tips for places to go in the area. I recommend Seagate Bar and Restaurant. We ate dinner and breakfast here. Great food and large portions. Everything about our stay was positive. This is a great getaway for families, friends, etc. Just keep your expectations low re: pristine conditions. The linens and towels are clean, but the floors have sand in them and management depends on guests to clean up after themselves.

Room Tip: Room #5 has an oven in case you'd like to cook. It also has high ceilings for taller people.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank BethG75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moclips
Hi-Tide Ocean Beach Resort
#8 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Ocean Crest Resort
Ocean Crest Resort
#2 of 3 in Moclips

Been to Moonstone Beach Motel? Share your experiences!