“Dog Heaven” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moonstone Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moclips
Moonstone Beach Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Moclips
Bothell, Washington, United States
“Dog Heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Another review mentioned this too, and that is one of the major reasons we stayed here. In lieu of any grandkids, we took our dog to the beach, and she loved it as much as we did. We went in early October and really lucked out with beautiful weather. The beach is almost deserted this time of year, and the ease of just going outside your door, down some (yes a little rickety) stairs to the path out to the beach is such a plus. We had decided to eat all our meals out, but didn't realize we should have brought our own coffee. They provided a coffee pot, and filters, but no coffee pouches? I just thought coffee was pretty standard for a room to have... anyway, the local store had coffee so it wasn't really an issue. I would suggest getting a second story room for the superior views, but all rooms have a view. We ate at the Windjammer in Pacific Beach and the food was good, with decent prices, you could really share any meal between 2 people and have plenty to eat. We also went up to Lake Quinalt Lodge one morning for breakfast. All in all, we enjoyed our 3 day trip, which is just about the right length...The bathroom was cramped and Robert couldn't stand up in the shower, the bed was too soft and would have caused back ache after a couple more days, But on the plus side, there were nice towels, plenty of "dog" towels, the sheets and bedding were very nice, we had two glider chairs to sit in and read, while looking out onto the surf and the beautiful sunset. The managers are very nice, the other folks staying there were friendly too. I know there are plans to build a new motel next door, so I'm pretty sure that's why they aren't putting any money into the current rooms. I would come again, but I definitely look forward to newer, more modern rooms in the new place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Spanaway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

Staff very friendly and we felt very welcomed. Older property in fair shape. Exterior stairs and balcony/walkways a bit rickety. Views from our room were awesome and the room was very comfortable. Only complaints: Unexpected location of tub/shower under the eaves meant either a kneeling shower or a bath and "hand-held shower" doesn't tell you that in the room descrpition. Website photographs make access from motel to lawn to beach appear closer/easier than it is currently, but still okay.

Room Tip: Do not book Rooms 3 or 6 if you want a full height shower.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
Mc Minnville OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

We had two nights in room 5 (one bedroom) and were disappointed that there has been little maintenance for the property over the last few years. I had stayed previously and remembered the property as being popular with families and nice inside the rooms.

For the price of our stay (nearly $300 for two nights the weekend after Labor Day), we are firmly confident we can find another property in the area that can meet or beat the accommodation we had at Moonstone Beach Motel.

Our friends were renting a house nearby so the location made the experience bearable. We don't do it again, no matter where friends are renting! I had built up the place in my memory because my friends and I had such great visits before. Both my spouse (who hadn't been to the area before) and I are disappointed with our experience, However, the only nice thing was the individual who checked us into the room. He was very friendly and we enjoyed our brief interaction with him while we checked in. Nancy and John Braun, McMinnville OR

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Had a great 2 night stay over this weekend.

Things we liked:
Location: Right on the beach. Easy access to surrounding sites.
Clean: Very Clean unit, with full kitchen
Comfortable: Both beds were very comfortable, rocking chairs in Living room were nice
as well as the chair provided on the patio.
People: Everyone we meet were very nice and sociable. The managers were
very nice and informative and provded anything we needed.
Dog Friendly: Our dog loved this place. This is dog heaven. Walk out onto the dune,
unleaseh your pet, and off he/she goes on a run to paradise. Hose
provided to wash sand off dog after run on beach.

Already made my return reservation for the middle of September as I was department.

Thanks for the great Time!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Great place. Nothing fancy, which is key to my standards, quiet, and everything you need for a contemplative beach visit. If you require room service and 4 or 5 stars, go elsewhere. I'll be back to Moonstone for sure.

Room Tip: rustic; upstairs offers better view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank J G
Sumner, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

The last time I stayed at Moonstone Beach Motel was over ten years ago. In fact, the motel was a hot orange color back then! My family and I used to go there on vacation in the summer. So, Moonstone definitely has nostalgic meaning to me. My stay there, just recently, was wonderful and very relaxing. The unit I was in was very cozy and it had all of the accommodations you would need. The beach is pretty secluded compared to Ocean Shores. I was able to let my dog run around with no leash. The only thing was that I had no cell phone reception out there. I have T-Mobile. Although, that can be a good thing while you're on vacation ; ) I certainly will be back for years to come! In fact, I think I'm going to reserve a unit again for next year. High recommended! Thank you Moostone for all of the memories!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

The access to the beach was great. The big windows were amazing. Laying in bed looking out over the ocean was awesome! Bed was comfortable. The only downside was the bathroom was tiny, but with the affordable price and the ocean right there... who cares!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moclips
Quinault Beach Resort and Casino
Westport Marina Cottages Motel
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#7 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to Moonstone Beach Motel? Share your experiences!