“My dog Bob and I LOVE Moclips Beach and the Hi-Tide Resort!”

Hi-Tide Ocean Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Moclips
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The staff takes very special care of us and we feel right at home in the cozy condos. We plan on returning again and again whenever we need to escape from the city. This might just be the best place for dogs on the Washington coast. Happy dog, happy human. Woof!

Room Tip: Just tell Karen what you like and she will work her magic to find you the best room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shywoodnymph

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Our unit was well-appointed and had an awesome view of the beach from the balcony as well as from the big picture windows in the living area. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful. It is also pet-friendly. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Beaches are wonderful. Staff is friendly and helpful, even when you get lost after dark....
The unit was clean, well equipped, and comfortable. The views are great. We were very happy with our stay and only wish it could have been longer.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed in unit 12 for one night, which is a 2 bedroom. It was exceptionally clean, had all the kitchen supplies we needed to make dinner, and was quiet with a wonderful view. We loved the trails to the beach and the handmade benches and chairs to sit in on the way. We couldn't ask for a more perfect place for a peaceful getaway.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We had our second stay at Hi-Tide last month. We stayed on the second floor this time. It provided a better view-but I think I would rather be on the ground level. I enjoyed the ability to open the sliding door and be on the beach. Also, the wife and I are near 60 and the stairs became a bit of a pain-especially hauling loading ice chests up to the room.

Our condo was a bit smaller than last time-but still of adequate size. If there's anything you need that's not in the unit, I'm sure management will try to get it for you. The gals that run the place are excellent. They seem to understand that their visitors are spending from their entertainment budget and could stay any number of other places. These gals should teach classes on hospitality and how to make a visitor feel welcome and want to return.

I'm not going to describe the condo this time-there are plenty of other reviews here that have done that. It's a bit isolated as there isn't much of a surrounding town. But that's the beauty of it. If you want an atmosphere of crowded beaches and parties, this is not your place. But if you want an escape with your family or loved one where you can have some privacy, this is it. We planned our meals for two days and then stopped in Hoquiam and purchased the items.

The ocean is close to the units and a gentle river provides a northern border to the place. This is a tremendous place to bring your small children or dog. As I mentioned in my first review, I'm cheap. But I don't mind spending the money to stay here. It's a fabulous place to relieve some stress and just enjoy a couple of days to yourself (ves). If uncertain, check their website or call one of the gals to answer your questions.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My boyfriend and I had a terrific week here! We had a beautiful view, great room, and its so nice and quiet. Karen and Sharon at the front desk were WONDERFUL! So were the rest of the staff....everyone is friendly and more than willing to help with any needs we had...We used to always go to Ocean Shores, but now Hi Tides is our place to get away from here on out! And I love it they are dog friendly too (didnt bring the dogs this time, but next time we will!) I cant think of one negative thing to say about the place...Great Time and I would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room for the best ocean view....
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This is a wonderful hotel! Surrounded by natural beauty and right on the beach...our unit was very spacious and clean with a working fireplace and fully equipped kitchen. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When we inquired about fresh fish, Pat actually drove us to the Quinalt Indian Reservation where fish is brought in right off the of the fishermans boats! He even cooked it for us on the outside barbeque. This is a dog friendly hotel and wished we had our dog with us. Good place for families, too. Great memories!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moclips
Moonstone Beach Motel
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn
Lake Quinault Lodge
Lake Quinault Lodge
#1 of 2 in Quinault

Been to Hi-Tide Ocean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!