“Beware when making a Reservation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mineral
Mineral Lake Resort
Kent, WA
“Beware when making a Reservation”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed in the campground Oct. 2009 no problems. This year tried to visit again, and we were told by a lady who called back that we must pay AHEAD of time, before we get there. I offered a CC number to hold the spot, but she insisted on payment. This is the off-season, and we wanted 2 days during the week. She said "it was their policy" - but it wasn't last year! Since we heard this Resort is for sale, we were very dubious, as NO other campgrounds require up-front payment before arriving. NONE. Their phone has only an answering machine, this person who called us didn't ID herself, and would not let me contact the owner! I visualized us arriving with a gate across the camp, no one around, and our money gone!
Just to warn potential visitors DO NOT pay them ahead of time!! When they get their act together, or when it is sold, it is a nice area by the Lake.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rockabillyguy

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pacific Coast
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I would rate this very high if the beds were comfortable. This is a old fishing resort. The lake is peaceful and tranquil, I loved that. The full bed was old, old open spring box with mattress on top. So if you rolled over it shook like an earthquake. The plan was I would sleep on the bunk but the bunk bed you felt every board of its construction. After one night of no rest and sleeping on the spring bed I decided to reverse the bunk bed on top and use it on the bottom and slept. Hurray! The fishing was okay, we had miserable weather and the covering on the dock was much appreciated. Overall, I would go back even with one night of no rest. I hope they replace the mattresses and boxsprings with something comfortable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dejihi5
seattle
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My family and I have been coming to Mineral Lake Resort for years. The fishing is Awsome - they say it is the home of the 10lb trout and they aren't kidding - we caught a 10.5lb one (well okay my husband caught it but I had to net it).
We go up every year with our two kids who love to fish off the docs while we either take out a pontoon or row boat. I like the pontoon ones better they are so easy to walk around on.
We usually stay in a cabin but have stayed in the main house a few times. It's rustic but very clean.
The staff has always been very friendly and helpful. We will be back!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank SnyderFamily1990
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed July 7, 2005

The Mineral lake resort is a fishing resort. The key word here is fishing. This is not a romantic getaway.

Pros: Fishing, great prices, exellent fishing dock, swiming and boat launch are right next door. Water-skiing if you have a ski boat. Great staff.

Cons: Outdated and run down cabins. The local tavern has pizza, but other than that you need to go to Elbe to eat out. No credit cards.

The cabins are real basic and do share a bathroom. The Bunkhouse has it's own bathroom and shower. The Bunkhouse where we stayed is very old, but I like that. The livingroom is very roomy, with two hid-a-beds and very nice chairs to unwind in. You will need to bring bedding. The bunkhouse is on the second floor of a building and has a great view of the lake and mountains.
The kitchen is outdated, but works. It includes pot, pans, fridge, microwave, stove, sink with dish soap, cutlery, and serving utensils. You will need to bring cups, plates, and paper towels. There is nice grill outside (Charcoal) and a firepit. Bring your own charcoal and wood.
You can see from the pictures that the bathroom is both cramped and nasty. Everyone decided not to shower while we were there.
The fishing is top notch, the prices are great, and the covered dock fishing is free with the room. I got a pontoon boat for $65 on a Thursday and fished from Noon to 7pm. We actually caught more fish on the dock the next day. Mostly perch. On the boats you will catch trout. I had 3 adults and 2 children and we caught over 15 fish in the 24 hours we were there!
The RV spots are very small and plain, but they do have a view and are close to the dock for fishing.
The Mineral general store has gas and fishing licenses.
They have a website is you search google for it.

8 Thank jobshopr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mineral
Alexander's Lodge
#1 of 3 in Ashford
Mill Village Motel
Mill Village Motel
#1 of 1 in Eatonville

Been to Mineral Lake Resort? Share your experiences!