“Wonderful Fall Getaway!”
other travelers have booked this property
Living Room gas fireplace Dining Room
Loft Bedroom Futon, 2 Twins
Rear Deck View
Rear View
Summer View to Office at Timberline
Ski in/Ski out your front door MVST
Winter View
Winter Sunrise from Timberline Meadows
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cali4niah...
Merced, California
“Wonderful Fall Getaway!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Methow Valley was a recommended fall leaf-peeping trip by Sunset magazine some years ago. Mid October I embarked on this journey with my extended family. I had checked tripadvisor reviews, and Timberline Meadows fit the bill.

The trip up from Everett was short of magical. Tree lined HWY 20 showed bright fall colors, and Washinton Pass had donned a winter dress. The trees were loaded with snow and it appeared we stared straight into a Christmas card. A few miles later we reached Timberline Meadows and it was fall again.

Timberline Meadows is a collection of multiple cabin rental properties closer to Mazama than Winthrob. (Cabins are named individually, as listed on their website). Each property is described in detail, so l'll just mention a few things. We were staying in the Elk Lodge with 3 adults and 4 children.

The cabin was tastefully furnished. It heated up quickly, which was nice, as it was cold outside. The view out the kitchen window was simply divine. Mountains in the background with low hanging clouds, tall pines in the foreground, and a meadow in between.

You will find a lot more than the basics in this cabin. It's really more like a thoughtfully put together living space. It truly is a home away from home. We took walks with the children close to the cabin. We explored Winthrob, a quaint little Western themed town. Personally, as a Californian reeling from a long summer that lasted well into fall I found the weather most fascinating. The low hanging clouds and snow on the mountains in the morning gave the area a mysterious aura. The fall leaves may not have been at their peak, but they were fabulous... even without sun.

This was a great weekend that I will remember for a long time to come, and so will the kids and grandkids.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Well equipped kitchen, overall comfort
Liked least: Hot tub not usable
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
NJ

Eastsound WA
Reviewed July 5, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Management Response
Jul 5, 2012
Thank you Heidi for the nice comments and your concerns as well. We like to do anything we can to improve our guests stay at Timberline. All of our owners provide a wire brush scraper, I would have been happy to come and clean it for you. Next time just give a call to the office. I am glad your overall experience was a positive one and hope to see you back again.
WA
Reviewed December 5, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Spolane
Reviewed December 1, 2011 for a stay in November 2011

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$219
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing