Freestone Inn
Sun Mountain Lodge(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$153
  • Pool
Hotel Rio Vista(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$119
Chewuch Inn & Cabins(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$105
Official Site
Methow River Lodge & Cabins(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$118
Mt Gardner Inn(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$125
$90
$81
$77
Hotels.com
Manning Park Resort(Manning Park)
$77
  • Pool
All reviewsnorth cascadesjack's huthot tubmethow valleygas fireplacethe main lodgelog lodgetrail systemcross countryview of the lakemazama storegroomed trailsday hikingthe entire propertyking sizegeneral storerestaurant staff
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We've stayed here three times now in the past 5 years. The Four Sisters lodge is my favorite. Spacious, comfortable, good for hosting more than one family. The views are wonderful. The back deck looks over a small lake. There are many outdoor activities nearby for summer or winter fun. Restaurant and lodge are 5 star.

Room Tip: The 4 sisters lodge is fabulous for families with kids
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tawnarae
Kerry K, Owner at Freestone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear tawnarae,

We're glad to hear that you enjoy your visits here at the Freestone Inn and especially the Four Sisters Lodge. It is always a favorite for extended families and small groups due to its size. Also, we are happy to hear that you think well of the restaurant. Please hurry back soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have read conflicting reviews on this place. I will tell you what we experienced. My wife and I just spent 3 nights at the inn. The minimal staff (offseason) were pleasant and accommodating. Our room at the lodge was clean and well appointed. The cleaning staff did their job each day. The continental breakfasts were fine. The restaurant was only open one of our three nights (closed Tuesday and Wednesday). The food was excellent and the wait staff attentive but not obtrusive. The wines are over-priced but the beer was cold and priced within reason. Overall - a pleasant escape from the big city.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DennisUSA,

We definitely appreciate your stay with us and your thorough review. As you point out, our restaurant is open 5 days per week during the shoulder seasons. However, we are open 7 days per week from mid-June through mid-September and during the Christmas holidays. Thanks for your comments about our staff, which we will definitely share with them. Next time you come, we will be happy to point out several of our favorite wines at more of a value price point, in the $20 - $30 range that I'm sure you'd be happy with. Again, thanks for your review and we hope to see you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Celebrating our 10 year anniversary and I cannot think of a more peaceful place with plenty to enjoy. We love how tucked into the mountains the Inn is, our deck faced the lake where we would enjoy a glass a wine before dinner at their restaurant where our dining experiences were truly five star. The atmosphere is casual but accommodations splendid. Our king room had everything from our own river rock fireplace, bathrobes down to the details of a wine opener. We rented bikes from Jack's Hut on site and loved the biking trails through the Methow Valley. Everything was so clean and staff kind. Although we came for a romantic getaway this is place we want to come back to with our kids, family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katieburckhardt

Dear Katie B,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our property and are glad that you and your spouse had a great time here. We hope you can come back soon with your entire family for some R&R. Thanks again for your business.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was excited to see a three night weekend get away on the Bellingham Dealsaver at a great price good from May 1- June 30. I quickly purchased and called to schedule at the end of June. I spoke to the owner to reserve our room and was told unfortunately the dates I wanted had already met the quota for Dealsaver guests. Really??? So out of the 8 or 9 weekends this was good for apparently everyone that purchased a voucher called and booked that particular weekend right before me. Very unlikely. I think they are intentionally directing guests to less desirable dates.

So I explained that's the first weekend my kids are out of school so I'd have to call back with other dates that will work for us. Then he says "I do need to make you aware that this is for a King room only". I said 'oh that's fine we have small kids and they are fine with sleeping on the floor'. He then said, 'well our policy only allows for two people per king room and we don't offer extra bedding or roll aways'. I said, "I have been travelling since our kids were born and have never had a hotel not allow children to stay on the floor". Then with a smug chuckle said "Well I've been in the hospitality business for over 30 years and that is the standard".

He then offered me a room with two doubles but knew full well this didn't help me out at all since this voucher is only good for one king room. I then told him I've read the negative reviews on tripadvisor about how he has treated guests in the past and that I usually give the owner the benefit of the doubt but I am finding those reviews to be very accurate. He have me the standard robotic response he probably learned from Hospitality 101 "Well sir, I'm sorry you feel that way". He once again offered me the room with two doubles and I declined explaining that I can find other lodging in the area that is far more accommodating and willing to work with a customer. (Like Sun Mountain)

Fingers crossed I can get a refund. I'm sorry this owner hasn't learned the power of word of mouth and negative online reviews. Hard to believe after being in the business for 30 years this guys hasn't learned some very basic customer service skills. Maybe that's why he's having to rely the the Dealsaver to attract business.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank iamjetblack
Kerry K, Owner at Freestone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear iamjetblack,

Thank you for your review of the reservation process at the Freestone Inn. I am glad to be able to respond to this, as I was the person you spoke to on the telephone.

It is true that for the weekends you were initially requesting we weren't accepting any more reservations. What you didn't mention was that the Dealsaver deal specifically calls out Double Occupancy Only, and King Bedded Rooms. We have a right as a business to call out what our policies are and uphold them, and typically upper tier hotels only allow the number of guests to occupy a room that will sleep with existing bedding.

I did go through with you other options, which you refused, and also let you know that Dealsaver has a fairly liberal policy if you don't find the dates you wanted. I even offered you a double bedded room on an off-peak weekend to try to appease you. I did call them after you hung up on me to inform them that they might be receiving a call requesting a refund, to which they replied 'no problem'.

At the point that you didn't get what you wanted (either to have your kids camp out on the floor or get a double bedded room at the same price), you basically threatened to go and write a negative online review as a leverage tactic. You obviously carried through with your threat, and we have no choice but to tell our side of the story.

I would urge readers to check out your other less than charitable review about the take-out restaurant in Bellingham as well. I possess no power to stop your characterization of my person as smug, robotic, and lacking in customer service skills. However, I would like to point out that I bent over backwards to try to satisfy you, even beyond that indicated in the restrictions provided in writing in the Dealsaver offer.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were looking for a romantic getaway. And it seemed so perfect is many ways; they took dogs; we had a cabin; we could ski right out of our door; they had a hot tub. BUT they also had heliskiing right on the property so that every morning starting about 8:45 the helicopter would start up and buzz right over head of all the cabins to take the skiers up for about an hour and then again in the afternoon about 2 or 3 as they were bringing the skiers back. There was no escaping it. I felt like I was in a war zone. We were just there on Saturday and Sunday, so to be fair I am not sure if they go up there all week. But it was noisy and definitely not romantic. I asked about it and they said that it is an independent business on the property. OK great. But I wish I had known.

Another small detail our sheets were pilly. Not nice clean fresh sheets. Anyway definitely ask about the helicopter before you book a cabin. I wouldn't want to have that for a romantic weekend.

Room Tip: Don't go when they are having the helicopters buzzing around unless you are one of the people in them.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Salvadora2011
Kerry K, Owner at Freestone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Salvadora2011,

We're sorry to learn that you felt like you were in a war zone at the Freestone Inn, which is not what we endeavor to offer, and in my opinion, is not the general feel of the establishment. As you mention, there is indeed a heli-ski business operating out of Wilson Ranch, as we state on our website under Winter Activities. As the only operation of its type in Washington State, the vast majority of our guests are excited by the departure and arrival of the helicopter, which generally operates between about 9AM to the mid-afternoon. Most of our guests during those hours are focused on Nordic skiing, heli skiing or other winter activities. As such, I think this characterization represents somewhat of a distorted view. We do take the comment about your sheets seriously and will take a closer look at our linens to ensure that they are discarded at the appropriate point in their useful life.