“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
British Columbia
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed April 5, 2008

I wanted to try this hotel since I heard it opened up in August 07. I was not disappointed. The hotel was clean and tidy, the front staff were exceptionally friendly, the breakfast food was really good, the eating area was large and inviting. The room was large and clean, the bed was so comfortable, lots of pillows on the bed 4- per bed. I really liked that the cups were plastic and wrapped. I have seen too many tv news shows regarding hotel cups- yuk! The noise from the freeway was insignificant. The pool was alright, better than any other pool in the area. We walked to Applebee's for supper twice. I had never been there before. YUM! If you like Mexican, or just burgers, this is the place.
We were able to park underground for free, not sure if this is normal but it was empty down there. The Outlet mall and Super Walmart were just on the other side of the freeway, and the I-5 was really easy to get onto.
We will definitely be staying here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Vancouver
Reviewed February 15, 2008

I reserved a 2 queen size bedroom. However, when arriving to hotel, front desk told me they have upgraded me to a suite with a king size bed and a sofa bed. I did not like the upgrade at all. The beds at most Holiday Inns are good; however, I never like sofa beds as they are very uncomfortable. I requested to give me what I had reserved and staff said they were full and was none available. Hotel breakfast was very good. Not just the typical continental breakfast - they had eggs, sausage, gravy. It was plenty for all our family.
The hotel is relatively new. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — New Hotel
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed November 30, 2007

After having a really bad experience at one of the other hotels in the area I was thrilled to hear there was a new hotel near the outlet mall! My friends and I like to go to Marysville to go outlet shopping at least twice during the year.
The hotel is easy to find. It is right off of the highway but I didn't hear any noise at night.
We were greeted very warmly by the front desk staff. I had registered online and joined their points program.
Everything was ready for us and the front desk ladies suggested we park in the secure underground (at no charge, it's usually $5, but because I joined their program it was FREE).
The hotel still smells new. The modern lobby was attractive with a fireplace and seating area. The room was clean, had a flat screen tv and the linens were modern in brown and tan. The towels still fluffy!
I really thought the embroidery on the pillows telling me whether it was soft or hard was neat.
We walked to Applebees for dinner (less than half a block away)and came back to go for an enjoyable swim and dip in the hot tub. We left when a screaming child was enjoying her swim too much.
The hotel was fully booked so I would recommend reservations (it was a long weekend for Canadians) but even though they were booked I watched the desk crew tried to locate a nearby hotel for a guest who had walked up hoping for a room.
The breakfast was very food safe. The attendant very good at adding fresh food and making sure their was enough of everything. Lots of choices for this style of breakfast.
We watched the big flat screen tv while eating our hot cinnamon buns.
We are already planning another shopping trip soon and will definately stay here over and over again.

• Liked — how new it is
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank YVRshopper
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed November 21, 2007

This hotel is the closest to the outlet mall (the reason why we went there) & casino. There is even a complimentary shuttle that brings you to the casino.
We stayed in a King Executive Suite. Large room with a king bed & a pull-out sofa. There is a small 'bar' area with a microwave, fridge & sink. Bathroom was pretty big for a hotel bathroom, but only had a shower. Very nice, hubby loved the TV!
Check out time is noon, which was great too!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hmoney
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 16, 2007

Very nice new hotel. Everything one could hope for in a reasonably priced hotel. Reservations went smoothly. Staff at front desk were very friendly, would frequently ask how everything was when guests walked by. Rooms well appointed with coffee maker, small microwave, thick luxurious towels, both soft and firm pillows (each marked), iron and ironing board, small refrigerator. I found the room very quiet, although I heard others comment that they didn't feel the soundproofing was very effective. I thought the swimming pool was a great size, nice jacuzzi, high tech exercise machines. Continental breakfast was very adequate.

One recommendation: Since there's no restaurant on site, it would be nice to have some information on restaurants close by in the room.

• Liked — Everything one needs available in room
  • Disliked — No dining facilities
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank cegiraffe
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reviewed October 9, 2007

I must say that when I first walked into this hotel, I was very impressed with the newness of the place. Since it was only 2 months old, the place was impeccable. The room was spacious and I especially enjoyed the flat screen TV. The swimming pool and hot tub was too cold. But the real problem was the construction of the hotel. We stayed on the third floor, and we heard every footstep that was above us which sounded like a heard of elephants. I have to admit that I am a very light sleeper, but my husband could sleep through anything and he woke up to the noise. I have never had such a terrible sleep in a hotel. Too bad, because the hotel is very clean and new.

3 Thank coolhand18
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2007

This brand new hotel that opened a month ago offered a professional check-in that wants your business. We had no reservations and could not find a hotel bed due to the holiday weekend and saw other run-down hotels in Marysville, pass them and come here instead.

We stayed on the 2nd floor and were impressed how quiet the hotel and room was (sound-proofing) being next to the very busy and noisy hwy.

We opened the door to find a modern large plasma tv, great beds with duvets, digital temp monitor, an average bath area with soft towels encouraging an eco-type stay, a sitting area with a foot stool and a desk / chair area for your laptop and internet use. Plenty of space to spread out.

Many security cameras everywhere a great place to feel safe.
The small details, the pool was too small to really swim some laps but great for kids. We checked out the modern -well equipped gym. They had large comp average cont-breakfast area with a large TV. ( starts at 6 am).

Would we stay here again-- Yes!

• Liked — Brand new and modern everything, very clean with great beds!
  • Disliked — The pool and starchy cont-breakfeast, but understand they are changing it soon.
  • Stayed October 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank advcardio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Tulalip Resort Casino
Best Western Plus Arlington / Marysville
Angel of the Winds Casino Hotel
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
BEST WESTERN PLUS Navigator Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville? Share your experiences!