We were in town visiting family members for two nights, three days. At $189 a night, I expected a higher quality experience. Our first night was uneventful except we were told we couldn't leave the door propped open. We were expecting a family member to meet us at our room which is why we left the door open. That was the first time in all of our hotel experience that we were told that it wasn't allowed. We just thought it was odd, but not that big of a deal.
The second night, my mom was hanging out in our room watching TV after we spent the day shopping. Suddenly, we hear a gush of water. My husband, my mom, and I got up from our chairs and quickly looked around. There was a steady rush of water coming from a vent in the ceiling. Luckily, the jacuzzi tub was right under the vet so the water caused no damage to our room. I immediately called the front desk. The front desk person came up to our room, looked at the water (which was starting to slow down), told us that she would contact the engineer, but that we should be ok. Whaaaat?! My mom was concerned about the ceiling caving in. Before the water came rushing into our room, we could hear a lot of stomping and/or jumping in the room above us. The front desk person told us that the room in which the water was coming from was a Honeymoon Suite. They had flooded their room. We thought we could hear that room's jacuzzi tub whirling loudly.
A short time after the front desk person left us in our room, she called to say that the couple upstairs apologized, but that everything should be fine now. Maybe we were expecting too much, but we weren't offered a refund or even given a different room to stay in. We had to deal with the dripping from the vent for several more hours into our tub - the tub that is next to the bed. It was fairly annoying. Then at three in the morning, the honeymooners decided to jump back into their jacuzzi tub. All we could hear was the rumbling from upstairs going on and off, on and off. It didn't help that there were a lot of Halloween party-goers making a lot of noise in the hallway at various times during the night.
I have to say that the breakfast was fabulous! We lucked out both times and avoided the morning rush. The kitchen staff were very friendly and nice.
Check out was easy for the most part. However, as my husband was driving home, the hotel called him to say that his card was declined. He told the woman that he was driving and would have to call him when he got home in three hours. The woman kept asking if he was sure that there was no one else in the car who could pay for our stay at the hotel. I guess it never occurred to the woman that I may have been driving in another car with other family members or that it was possible for my husband to be driving alone. Nevertheless, she made him feel as if he was a liar. To get the woman off the phone so he could concentrate on driving, he told her that he would take the next exit and call her back. By the way, his car picked up the phone call, he wasn't physically holding up his phone to his ear. With the heavy traffic and the rain, he was hesitant to pull over in an unfamiliar place. When he got home, he told me about the hotel calling him.
I called the hotel to figure out what was going on with our card. It turns out that they were trying to charge the card they had on hold for "incidentals". We were asked to provide a card for "incidentals" upon checking in. That particular card has very strict security measures on it since we don't use it very often and we requested that the card not go through with transactions over $200. Apparently, the hotel didn't try to run the card we made the reservation with as I thought they were supposed to. So, the hotel did end up charging the original card while they waited for my husband to call them back, as they should have in the first place.
Unfortunately, with the poor quality of the hotel, how expensive the rooms are, the not-so-exceptional customer service, and the woman who badgered my husband while he was driving, we will not be staying at this hotel again. But more than that, we will be telling our friends and other family members to not stay here, either.
To the Holiday Inn Express: Don't bother commenting below. I've read your comments and how "concerned" your hotel is. I doubt that, considering your customer service and poorly constructed building have remained unchanged. We should have listened to the negative ratings and comments you've received thus far. Lesson learned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Marysville, Washington Offers Comfortable Stay on Puget Sound Just minutes from Puget Sound, the Holiday Inn Express in Marysville, WA is close to many of Snohomish County's largest businesses and attractions, and is just a half-hour north of Seattle. Our hotel in Marysville, WA is just minutes from the Everett Events Center and is close to many corporate locations. Agilent Technologies is just five minutes from our hotel, while Kimberley Clark and New Glasair LLC are just ten miles away. The Port of Everett is also nearby, located just ten minutes from our Marysville hotel. For leisure travelers, Tulalip Casino is just a minute away. With dining and live entertainment, this is a great place to spend an evening. For the best shopping, the Seattle Premium Outlet Mall is also just a minute away. It has 110 name brand outlets to choose from. The Future of Flight Aviation Center and Boeing Tour, located 15 miles from our hotel north of Seattle, features the only public tour of a commercial jet assembly plant in America. Also just ten miles from our Marysville hotel is Everett Marina. With shopping, dining and whale watching tours, this is a great place to see Puget Sound. Our Marysville hotel offers you choice amenities such as an indoor pool and whirlpool spa, Business and Fitness Centers and free high-speed Internet access. Come experience all our new Snohomish County hotel has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Marysville
- Holiday Inn Express Marysville
- Holiday Inn Marysville
- Marysville Holiday Inn