New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
Delta, Canada
“Clean, convenient and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This was day two of a mini getaway for my wife and I. We chose this location due to its proximity to the Seattle Premium Outlet mall, Tulalip Casino and I-5. There is lots of free parking and a seemingly unknown underground lot. Tip: go around the west side to access the parking gate. Almost every sapce was taken in the lot but only one other car underground. It was pouring rain the entire stay so this was a welcome relief when leaving.

The hotel has a large breakfast area and spacious lobby. There is a 24 hour complimentary shuttle to the casino. You are also just seconds from the freeway. The front desk staff is very friendly and took the time to explain things like breakfast hours, the shuttle, etc. The room was quite large and included a fridge and microwave. There is only a shower stall. This is fine for us but you may want to check for a room wiht a tub if you have small kids. A nice touch is that the shower head is actully high enough for someone who is even 6'6" to get under comfortably.

I usually try to identify things that need improvement in my reviews but it's hard to find any with this hotel. We have stayed at the Best Western just down the road and it was way below the quality of this property.

If you want something way cheaper than the Tulalip Casino hotel but still good quality and convenince then this HIE is perfect.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Allan A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in March in the king suite. Close to the outlet mall an the hotel has a shuttle. Very clean rooms, eating area and the staff is super nice. We will stay at this hotel on our next trip to the outlet mall.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Hawk69
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed here last time in December, and had a fabulous stay. This time, the staff wasn't as friendly, the hotel was sooo noisy and I had trouble sleeping, and the breakfast wasn't as good as I remembered. Whatever the case, it was still a comfortable stay. My kids enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the WiFi on my tablet! We walked over to Applebee's for dinner, which I've done before, too. Zipped over to Walmart and the outlets in the morning. Very convenient location. Still plan to stay here again, even though I had bad luck with noise this time around...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pokee
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 5 years and have rated it before as a 4. Until now. HEI has a "Best Price Guarantee", so when a found a lower rate on Expedia I asked for them to match it. Unfortunately the could not as it is their best price guarantee and excludes other agencies. Not sure even why this policy is in place then, if they are not able to match the internet based travel websites. So like any good consumer in this economy I booked with Expedia. The only thing I would have to do is contact the hotel with my preferences for the double room. So silly me, I think no problem. I email the hotel my reservation number, and request the double room have 2 beds in non smoking. I get a response telling me that this was booked through Expedia and will cost me an additional 20.00 to have 2 beds in my double room. Many emails go back and forth and they will not budge. It looks like HEI gets their Best Price Guaranteed toThem no matter how and customer service be damned. So a heads up, if you want the best customer service experience from this hotel book only through them, no matter how inconvenient or how expensive. If you don't you will pay and pay more again?

1 Thank KPM66
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear KPM66,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your recent experiences. I am sorry about the problems you encountered with our Best Price Guarantee. You can find all Terms and conditions listed on our booking sites. For the lowest and best rates it is best to book online.

Thanks again,

Katie J
IHGCare
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

great standard HIE with shuttle service from the Tulalip Casino across I-5. Ask for a room at the back.

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We ended up at the Holiday Inn Express around 5:00 one morning (long story) and were able to snag a room for a quick sleep. The lady at the check-in counter was very helpful and found us a room quickly. She helpfully pointed out that they had already set up breakfast, so we had an early breakfast that was unexpectedly great for a free hotel breakfast. They had an amazing variety of hot items, and they were all quite decent. The on-demand pancake maker was my personal favorite. Our room was clean, modern, and comfortable. My only complaint was that our handicapped-accessible room was right next to the breakfast area, and it was rather loud until the breakfast time ended. Overall, this stay continues my streak of excellent experiences at Holiday Inn Express hotels.

Room Tip: I do not recommend the room closest to the breakfast area.