“Clean, quiet, overall good value”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
Victoria
“Clean, quiet, overall good value”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My sister and I stayed here July 29th to Aug 1, as part of a girls' getaway weekend. The hotel is very easy to find, right off the I5. Check in was a breeze as I had prepaid by booking on the internet. Rooms are bright and spacious, beds are very comfortable. We were in room 308, and did hear the guests above us arriving later that same night. Just some general thumping as they heaved suitcases around, I think. Other than that, there was no road noise at all, even though it's very close to the highway.

The breakfast was included and very respectable. There were eggs or cheese omelettes, sausages/bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, pancakes, toast, english muffins, tea coffee, some pastries, milk and yogurt. The only disappointment was the only fruit offered was bananas each day. A bit more of an assortment of fruit would have been nice, but overall, did the trick. They were very quick about repenishing supplies, and since it was a busy weekend, they opened up a conference room with extra tables.

We asked for some recommendations for restaurants, and they sent us to a lovely place in Everett right at the marina, Anthony's Woodfire Grill. I'll write a separate review but we really enjoyed the evening. There is a Haggen's supermarket very close by if you need snacks/supplies.

The location of the hotel is nothing special, but easy access to the freeway if you are looking for a base from which to explore the area by car.

We were outlet shopping, and the Seattle Premium outlets are just across the highway. Some great bargains.

They offer complimentary toiletries if you've forgotten something. Very handy.

Overall, no complaints. I would stay there again for a similar trip, and would not hesitate to recommend this place.

Room Tip: You probably want to ask to be as far away from the highway as possible.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jamuca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My family and I stayed here while on a short shopping trip from Vancouver, BC. The location is very convenient to the Tulalip Casino and also the big outlet mall. Right off the highway and easy access to all of the above places. You can also shop at super target and super walmart, Cosco, Best Buy, Marshalls and ect which are around the same area. Hotel is overall just an average hotel in the U.S, but clean and quiet. Breakfast is pretty good....automatic pancake machine which is pretty cool. Good service as well. Not bad if your just looking for a place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Just a few miles North of Seattle right on the I5.
Not the cheapest ,but well worth the money. Super clean rooms, underground parking. large selection for breakfast and polite staff. Close to shops and casino.

Room Tip: always book the top floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John-and-Lin-on-tour
Kent, Washington
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I just returned from staying at the Marysville Holiday Inn and had to let tripadvisor readers know how great their customer service is. There had been a mix up with my room I reserved at Tulalip Resort due to a friend's mistake so we ended up staying at the Holiday Inn. I wasn't a happy camper when I got there because I was looking forward to staying at Tulalip but that all changed during the check-in. Lyle and the other lady (I didn't get her name) were fabulous! Check-in was great and the rooms were fabulous. The buffet breakfast was great, food was fresh and tasty. I didn't even think about the room I lost at Tulalip because I had such a great experience at the Holiday Inn. I will definitely stay there the next time I go to an event in Marysville.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Karrey
singapore
Reviewed June 18, 2011

The room is clean and spacious. Decor is modern. Comes with a large flatscreen tv and a microwave. Location is good, just abt 2-3km from the outlet mall. There's also an applebee within walking distance.
The breakfast had a good spread. The breakfast host was helpful and friendly.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay tremendously and will definitely stay there again should I return to the area.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank kopi
Vancouver
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Pros: great location close to highway, casino and outlet mall. All staff (front desk, breakfast service) were very friendly and efficient. The King suite was very roomy.
Cons: furniture and carpeting, while spotless, were dark and looked like they were designed in the 70's. The lighting in the room was about as cozy as an operating room, no doubt due to the new powersmart bulbs. No bathtub, just stand up shower. All of this you can live with, but the major problem this stay was that our room was on the second floor, right above the front entrance of the hotel, which has a covered bench and apparently is used as a "smoking area" by some hotel patrons. We were woken up literally every 45 minutes starting at midnight and continuing to 6am by a very rowdy group of people going down for a cigarette. What was worse, they happened to be staying on the same floor as us, so the noise continued in the hallways as they came and went (not great soundproofing). The next morning, when we were leaving, their beer bottles and cigarette butts littered the bench area outside. I would probably recommend this hotel based on the positive things I've listed, but it was disappointing due to the negatives, and I will probably try the other hotel chain closeby next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Silvergirl1970
langley
Reviewed December 10, 2010

The staff at this hotel are phenomenal. They were so friendly and helpful. I also am a desk clerk and I was so impressed with their abilities dealing with their customers. The breakfast was really great as well. I would come back to this hotel in a heart beat.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank saybert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Tulalip Resort Casino
Best Western Plus Arlington/Marysville
Best Western Cascadia Inn
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
Angel of the Winds Casino Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville? Share your experiences!