“Everything seems to have sugar added ..”

Mae Phim Lakewood Thai Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 145 Restaurants in Marysville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Found this restaurant by chance while driving around the area for dinner. We had a choice between Thai or Chinese which was a couple of doors away. Since Thai food is not that commonplace, we thought we'll give this a try.

Ordered the Pad Thai, Maephim Special Fried Rice and Noodles Soup with chicken to be shared by 4 diners. All 3 dishes tasted sweet and not what Thai food should taste like. It could just be us not used to their cooking as we noticed other patrons seem to be enjoying their food.

The server wearing a baseball cap was quite friendly though. This saved the night of disappointing dinner. Will not be coming back here again.

1  Thank rammer1012

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a great time at this establishment. The food was excellent and the service outstanding. Try the Crispy Chicken...it is incredibly good!

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Had delivery when staying in the area for business. Now that we're in the area now, we love coming by for lunch specials. Their calamari is awesome. Have had several entrees and all have been great. The swimming rama with beef is my fav though. I would ask for a slight bit hotter than your usual, they keep their heat a little lighter than other thai places. I'm 3in star most of the time but i go 4 when i want to sweat.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Ordered Green Curry on the phone, they said it would be 15 minutes. I waited for 45 minutes! Price should have been about $15.00 (they charge extra for rice) I gave the waitress a $50.00, when she came back with my change, I was so mad from waiting i didn't check the amount and left with my food, only to find out she over charged me by $20.00. Very disappointing, since i cannot get my over payment back. The food was good, but missing some of the regular vegetables. I will not be going back anytime soon. pretty upsetting because i waited 2 weeks for this special takeout dinner and ended up wasting my money.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Love the crispy chicken & basil, it's not on the menu for delivery but they'll make it. Another fav is the crab delight appitizer.
Good friendly service and rare delivery service for this neck of the woods.