“Watch the chef cook your delicious dinner”
Review of Blackfish Grill

Blackfish Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackfish Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 142 Restaurants in Marysville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: On Site.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stopped in for a spur of the moment dinnerand we were able to be seated promptly. By the time we left at about 6:30 there was quite a wait. Salads were fresh and the soup was wonderful. They served a unique large cracker thin bread with several butters. I could have just had that and soup! My daugther had an exellent Salmon and i had a blackend steak. The meat was very tender and moist, but the seasoning was
TOOO hot. I love blackened meat, but this was more that I could enjoy. I brought it home and took off some seasoning and enjoyed the delious meat. Menu was varied and it was fun watching the chef perpared the meats and fish on the grill. WOuld have given an excellent rating if I had ordered something that wasn't so spicey. The waitress did seam a little condescending when she asked " didn't i expect it to be spicey?" i could have sent it back but the meat itself was great. Will try it again.

Ben R, Social Media Manager at Blackfish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience at Blackfish! We love providing that fun perspective into the traditional cooking of the salmon. I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the spice of your dish, but nevertheless we appreciate your review, and thank you for your feedback. We love hearing from our guests, so we can continually improve their experiences. We hope to see you again soon!
Ben

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The first instance was about 6 months ago. I went here with my parents. I ordered the Halibut, gratin potatoes and the brocollini (what I always get). When the food arrived, my brocollini was yellow and flowery, which means it is old and has turned. When your brocolli starts to grow flowers and is no longer green, it does NOT taste so good! When I asked to return the brocolli for greener, less old brocolli, the waitress argued that brocolli does flower and some are yellow. I told her I knew this, but that this happens when brocolli is past it's date and it turns bitter when it's yellow. Can I just get green brocolli??? Geesh. Nothing was easy and I felt like a pain for asking for new brocolli. My parents were so annoyed by the whole thing...we were shocked to see the brocolli that I was given but then when a fuss was made by the restaurant we were really REALLY shocked. Am I missing something here?

I went back this past weekend, with my mom and we ordered the usual. Halibut with gratin potatoes and brocollini. The waitress brought it out and they were both with mashed potatoes. When I told her we ordered gratin potatoes, she started at me very offended and corrected me by saying "you mean hash". I said no, gratin. She corrected me again. I looked at the menu and it clearly shows them as "Gratin". I felt like I was in outer space...what the hell is the problem again? So, the waiter comes back and tosses my dish down so it is half on the table and crooked. It annoyed me because he was clearly showing me he was rushed and didn't care. Who serves food like that? Then I looked at the potatoes and by the way they corrected our order in 45 seconds which meant the gratin potatoes were already made and that explains why they were SO dry. The halibut was plain with no sauce, not even butter on it? I grimaced as I had to call the waiter over AGAIN and he said "you didn't ask for sauce, there are sauce options on the menu". I told him I didn't even look at the menu, I looked the specials board and saw Halibut was on special. My mom again said "but you should have asked us what sauce we wanted" and he responded "you should have read what sauce you wanted". I threw my hands up and said you know what, take it back, this is ridiculous. Wrong order, sloppy service and now arguing with us because our halibut arrived dry and without sauce to at least cover up the fact the fish was way over cooked or old. UGH. NEVER GOING BACK!

1  Thank 9999jm
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wide variety of seafood.....salmon was a specialty. Their dinner rolls were out of this world...soft yet chewie, like very light chibatta bread. Pleasant and efficient service too.

Ben R, Social Media Manager at Blackfish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate your feedback very much. I love those ciabatta rolls too - I may have to go get one, now that you've reminded me of them.

We hope to see you at Tulalip again soon.
Thanks,
Ben

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We really enjoyed the homemade onion rings here. If your diet allows you to splurge on onion rings, this is the place to do it.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Blackfish grill specializes in seafood with most brought in fresh. They offer a salmon on a stick which is the traditional first nation way of cooking salmon, but Blackfish does it to perfection. You can actually see it being cooked in the glassed in kitchen area over an open alderwood fire. While my wife really enjoyed the salmon, I tried the Alaska Halibut which was also very good. Both are worth trying. Although not a great oyster fan, the Blackfish offers a selection of fresh oysters for those who like to try different varieties. They also have a very nice wine selection with wines from Washington to try with the local seafood.