“Good variety and tasty”

Cuisines: American, Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 10th Avenue
Description: An eclectic restaurant serving American and Pakistani cuisine. Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This place is one of the hidden gems in Marysville, WA. There is a great variety of food on the menu. The Indian food is very authentic. But the Hamburgers are just as good. My Husband had the Corned beef hash and it was excellent. I always enjoy the spinach Omelet. Everything is fresh, which is nice, and the Soups are home made. Very good service, the owner and his wife are friendly and accommodating. The place is spotless, the bathroom was very clean as well. Give this place a try. They are offering a special Valentine's dinner, so check it out!

Shabbir B, Owner at Boondockers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

You just made our day.
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

After reading great reviews on Trip Adviser, I decided to give Boondocker's a try for lunch with my Husband. Unfortunately, I received one of the most disgusting meals I've ever had only to be rivaled with the lack of customer service. I ordered the San Fran sandwich and my husband had the French dip. I will admit, the food looked delicious when we got it. I took a bite or two of my sandwich only to look down and see a long black hair coming from the inside of one of the halves. I understand that mistakes happen and the waitress was friendly and apologetic about the situation. I started eating the other half only again, to find another black hair coming from this one. Even though I was disgusted, I was polite with the waitress and she this time took my entire plate back to the kitchen.

When a new sandwich arrived, I inspected it and took a bite, only this time to indeed find another (although smaller) black hair. I didn't even bother saying anything at this point but obviously it's more than just a one time thing. I was shocked when we got the bill and we still had to pay for my meal, it was disappointing to see that they didn't really seem to care much about changing my opinion of their cafe. Needless to say we won't be going back.

2  Thank Chelsea B

She was not satisfied with her meal. We gladly and cheerfully made her a brand new sandwich.

She ate half of the sandwich and took the other half home.

She has posted the same review on another website Yelp. We have sent her an offer of a gift certificate. We hope she contacts us soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have had a few meals at the boondockers and on Sunday the 27 I decided to order the prime rib cooked medium rare with a bowl of soup and a green salad the bowl of soup was the size of a cup the salad was ok. The prime rib was cooked perfect but it was so tough it was hard to cut with a steak knife. I pointed this out to the server she said sorry a little while later (5-10 min} the owner came over and ask how was everything I told him the prime rib was very tough.He asked if I wanted it cooked more?????? I replied that's not going to fix it being tough. He walked awaylater the server came back with the desert tray I decided on s piece of key lime pie it was very good but real small. when I received my check it was 37 bucks I don't mind paying that much for a good meal but t felt ripped off. in a response to a prior review the owner said to the revier "I wish you would have said somethimg to me" I did and nothing was done to correct the issue. in all fairness the place is clean and the service is good.

3  Thank Bill R
Shabbir B, Owner at Boondockers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Hi Bill
Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations..

I remember talking to you and you said the Prime Rib was very tasty but a little tough. I offered to cook it some more because you liked the flavor. I would have been just as happy to offer you a different item.

I went back and looked at our records and here is what we charged you:
You had our biggest cut, a 16 oz Prime Rib which is normally 26.00. You may not have noticed but we changed it to 23.00 for you. This meal came with a salad, mash and veggies.
We just charged you 2.50. for a cup of soup you added. A bowl is normally 6.00.
We make our desserts in house. The Key Lime was 5.00 which is reasonable for a house made dessert.. and you had a iced tea for 2.50.
Your total was 33.00 plus tax. You paid 35.84 on your charge card.

Please call me Bill and I would be happy to make it up to you. Call 360 653 7545 and ask for Shabbir

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I didn'tl order the chicken fried steak, but my daughter did. After I finished my meal, I finished hers because I thought it was absolutely fabulous!! You could absolutely tell it was homemade, so I am unsure what the last reviewer was referring to. It had a crispy, panko- style breading and was well worth over-stuffing myself for. My husband and I went for some of the curry dishes. Chicken Tikka Masala is one of my favorites and the one here was good. Creamy and not too spicy. I also fell in love with one of the breads. I ordered Na'an, which was fine, but my husband got a softer one, can't recall the name...started with a P. It was sooo good, crispy on outside, but soft and and delicious on the inside, with a unique texture. Excellent!!
We finished with some homemade desserts. I am guessing these change regularly as there was no dessert menu; instead they bring over a huge platter with all of them laid out, so you can see it before you order. Pumpkin cheesecake and chocolate raspberry cake, both good.
It was nice that both of the owners came to our table to check on us, they seem to enjoy their restaurant and we enjoyed talking to them.
We will definitely return. I love a place where you get good food along with personal, friendly service.

1  Thank Ceegar8
Shabbir B, Owner at Boondockers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

HI
Thank you for your complementary review of our restaurant. We strive to talk to our guests whenever possible and establish a rapport.

Please do come back and try our other delicious entrees and desserts!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I ate here because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor, and they are usually spot on. However this time I was extremely disappointed. I know Chicken fried steak is not their specialty, but it is on the menu, so it should at least be pretty good. I can honestly say this is hands down the worst one I've ever ate, and I love a good chicken fried steak. It was VERY greasy, with very little flavor. It is a frozen chunk of meat, definitely not freshly hand battered. It would have been bad at $5, but at $12 it was horrible. Their other items might be good, since I didn't get that I can't say for sure. When I went, the place was empty, so maybe the locals are not impressed either. If you go, DO NOT get the Chicken fried steak. On top of that, when I got ready to leave, there was no one to be found. After about 10 minutes I had to go find someone (the husband?) who was looking at his phone and ask to pay out.

3  Thank Keith L
Shabbir B, Owner at Boondockers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Sorry, the Chicken Fried Steak was not up to your expectations. We do bread it here in house and sell a lot of it. I wish you had told us about it so we could have offered you something else. Thanks for your feedback.