“A bit pricey, but good food and large portions.” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Hacienda
Ranked #15 of 140 Restaurants in Marysville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Description: We are the best Mexican Food option in Marysville!
SeaTac, Washington
“A bit pricey, but good food and large portions.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Good food, good service, prices rising so that they are beginning to leave my list of Marysville restaurants. The high prices take away from the meal's enjoyment. The saving grace is that there is enough for nearly another meal the next day.

Visited August 2013

St Croix USVI
“DO NOT EAT HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I lived in Marysville for 20 years but have since moved to Olympia. My mother still lives there so I visit often. We have eaten at La Hacienda several times with the whole family over the last few years and we've all noticed that the quality has steadily gone down. We all agreed the last time we ate there that we would NOT return but yesterday my 92 year old mom wanted to try it one more time. I can't tell you how bad the food was. The beans were watery, the ground beef in my dish tasted like it had been taken off another unfinished plate and then burnt so badly I couldn't tell what kind of meat it was. My mom's chicken dish was so watery we had to send it back. The whole plate was filled with water. Even the waiter was appalled! He got her a new plate and even though the new dish wasn't swimming in water, the chicken was so tough it wasn't even edible. We actually left the restaurant and went to a Chinese place down the street so we could not only have some edible food but could get the nasty tastes out of our mouths from La Hacienda! The worst part is that we knew better! As I said, the quality had been going down the last few times we ate there. We shouldn't have gone again but my mom was trying to relive some of the good times. She's lived in Marysville for 60 years and she vows she will tell all her friends to not go there again! Absolutely the worst meal we've had at a restaurant in many years. I truly feel that if we had eaten the food they presented we would have become very ill.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bordazall
Marysville, Washington
“Love the staff! Love the food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I specifically remember the date. It was saturday june 15, 2013. After enjoying our time at the strawberry festival, my boyfriend and I decided to head to the movies. unfortunately the movie we wanted to see played it's last showing at 8:30 (it was way past 8:30, it was 10:40ish) so we decided to eat dinner. We figured a lot of places were going to be closing soon so we decided to stay within Marysville. About 5 till 11 we decided to go to la hacienda. So we rushed there and my boyfriend ran in to ask if we still could eat there and the gentlemen said yes! We were kindly seated and was not rushed at all. I honestly couldn't stop talking to my boyfriend about the service. I was amazed at the hospitality and very happy that we picked la hacienda to eat at. This experience that I had was amazing. We were asked for our orders at the right time the food was delicious, the staff AMAZING.all I have to say is THANK YOU MARYSVILLE LA HACIENDA STAFF. If you have not eaten at this place, your missing out. I will for sure be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PLATTER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We first found La Hacienda in our entertainment book... and now it is our favorite spot in Marysville! We live in Seattle and make that drive to State Street for our Saturday lunch with friends (at least six different couples) and to enjoy the platter (it's buried in the menu) that includes pretty much everything you can ask for in an authentic Mexican restaurant! And if you sit in the bar ... Juan makes a bomb La Hacienda margarita!

• Visited May 2013
Seattle
“One of Washington's Better Mexican Efforts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I'm a native of Southern California and beyond that have been to numerous cities in Mexico itself. So, I feel I know good and authentic Mexican food when I taste it...

Unlike SoCal, Washington in my 7 years of living here seems to have very few independently owned Mexican restaurants other than the taco trucks you see scattered about here and there. Seems that most of the Mexican restaurants tend to be local chains.

I've tried a few of these chain linked restaurants throughout the greater Seattle region and I would have to say that La Hacienda is by far the most authentic and tasty as well as eclectic and varied as far as their menu choices. The basics such as hard shell tacos, enchiladas, burritos, rice and beans are indeed very authentic in flavor and presentation. They also do a wonderful Seafood Chile Relleno and a magnificent Tacos al Pastor made with very tender pork marinaded with pineapple and served on soft corn tortillas with a special salsa on the side and very tasty whole pinto beans (a refreshing alternative to refried) and rice. Speaking of pineapple, they also offer a dish called Pina Rellena which is basically a pineapple stuffed with a variety of shellfish and halibut cooked in a cream sauce. I have yet to try this latter mentioned dish and it likely will be the next thing I order there.

The pricing is very reasonable, the atmosphere is reminiscent of what you'd expect at a more upscale restaurant in Mexico and the service is very acceptable. It's a family friendly place overall, but does have a separate Cantina area for those 21 and over. I'm not sure if they accept reservations, but I can say that the Marysville location where I visit can get very crowded on a Saturday evening. They also have locations in Arlington and Gold Bar.

A definite sure to please choice for authentic Mexican food in the northern and/or eastern end of Snohomish County.

• Visited May 2013