“Excellent customer services with affordable price,can't ask more.”

Village Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I went back to this hotel after my first stay a year ago and I was very impressed by this hotel's cleanliness. Remodeled bathroom was very nice and the fresh bed was very comfortable to sleep in. I can see this hotel's new look all around.

Room Tip: King suite Jacuzzi room was good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was not impressed with this motel when I stayed there - the breakfast was very mediocre and the toilet didn't want to flush. But it was afterward that I was really appalled by the poor customer service. I know it is my responsibility to keep track of my belongings but sometimes something gets left behind. I left a pair of shoes and was told they'd only be kept a month and they refused to ship them (even if I paid the postage). Of course, if I lived close I wouldn't be staying in a motel! I did manage to get by there again, after being told by the owner to come by any time, but was told by the girl at the front desk that she couldn't give me the shoes on a Sunday. This had not been mentioned by the owner. When I asked again if they could send them if I paid the postage, since I had already tried to do as they had asked, I was told by the husband and wife owners that this was simply not an option. The woman, the same one who had assured me that I could come by any time, was extremely rude and loud.

Contrast this with the time my granddaughter left her bathing suit at the lovely Paintbrush Inn in Thermopolis, WY. They very nicely shipped it and I paid the postage. No questions asked, no balking or yelling. They were nothing but polite and pleasant. I'm going to go now and put in a positive review for the Paintbrush Inn. Sometimes we forget to do that. And I'm replacing the shoes, which I particularly need because I have problems with my feet. The rude owners of the Village Inn can keep or sell the ones I left, whatever suits their purposes. But I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST ever staying there. The Village Inn Restaurant, which I understand is under different ownership, is nice, but avoid the motel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is the one of the worst hotels ever. How can you have a 48 hour return policy when you phone the day before and cancel 2 hours later? This place is shabby, it's worth maybe 5o bucks a night, and don't get me started on their customer service. The breakfast is a joke, nothing but carbs and sugar. Time to upgrade your amenities, or lower your rates, you are not worth the stay. Any port in a storm........ Keep driving!

Room Tip: Don't choose any. Traffic from I-5 on one side, drunks and trains on the other
Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Janice H
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel should be rated a 1 star at best. Very old, carpet needs replacing, very noisy. Bed was not at all comfortable. This hotel is not in a great location, didn't want to walk to the car from the hotel for fear of what might be around the next corner. Left as soon as we made it through the night. Overall, big disappointment. Didn't stay for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie B
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel by mistake and cancelled my reservation within 7 minutes. I was still charged $110.00. I requested to have this fee waived as a courtesy and was denied. 7 MINUTES!!!!! With this kind of service, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Firstly, the picture on most hotel websites of the building must be taken from the back parking lot....it is quite deceiving as to what the hotel actually looks like when you pull up... And that isn't a good thing!! The motel is old and tired and our room had a funny smell (the car deodorizers hanging of the back of the toilet didn't help, nice try). The bed was comfortable enough but the room is pretty dark...we were on the first floor and if we opened the curtain the road was right there..people walking by..etc. We aren't sure what continent the continental breakfast came from...but for 40+ rooms they have one two-slice toaster and there was one piece of white bread and half a bagel for toasting so I guess that's why. Coffee was lukewarm and only 1/2 pot there. Two types of cereal, some kind of juice...needless to say we went out for breakfast. We wouldn't stay there again and I'll be sure to check Trip-Advisor next time I make a booking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jazzyjaine
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Booked room online and am sorry I did not investigate the area more closely. The hotel is situated between Highway 5 and a railroad which meant noise constantly throughout the night. Room was clean but dated. We experienced a domestic argument in the hallway at 5 am and left as soon as we could without checking out the breakfast options.

Room Tip: We were on railroad side so maybe highway side may be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rickc316
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Medallion Hotel
#3 of 5 in Arlington
Best Western Cascadia Inn
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett

Been to Village Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!