“Horrible Customer Service”

Village Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Marysville
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel by mistake and cancelled my reservation within 7 minutes. I was still charged $110.00. I requested to have this fee waived as a courtesy and was denied. 7 MINUTES!!!!! With this kind of service, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Michelle W

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Firstly, the picture on most hotel websites of the building must be taken from the back parking lot....it is quite deceiving as to what the hotel actually looks like when you pull up... And that isn't a good thing!! The motel is old and tired and our room had a funny smell (the car deodorizers hanging of the back of the toilet didn't help, nice try). The bed was comfortable enough but the room is pretty dark...we were on the first floor and if we opened the curtain the road was right there..people walking by..etc. We aren't sure what continent the continental breakfast came from...but for 40+ rooms they have one two-slice toaster and there was one piece of white bread and half a bagel for toasting so I guess that's why. Coffee was lukewarm and only 1/2 pot there. Two types of cereal, some kind of juice...needless to say we went out for breakfast. We wouldn't stay there again and I'll be sure to check Trip-Advisor next time I make a booking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jazzyjaine
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Booked room online and am sorry I did not investigate the area more closely. The hotel is situated between Highway 5 and a railroad which meant noise constantly throughout the night. Room was clean but dated. We experienced a domestic argument in the hallway at 5 am and left as soon as we could without checking out the breakfast options.

Room Tip: We were on railroad side so maybe highway side may be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rickc316
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Dirt, rudeness, mold, burns in floor and carpet, noise , bad lights, patches on walls. Total rip-off . Ruined my 22nd anniversary. I want my money back or ill post pictures. Filled up the hot tub and a scummy residue with dead skin rose to the water surface. Discusting at best. We went home and took hot showers

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank jdmx68
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed for one night, checking in at 2 am and departing at 9 am. I paid $99 for a room that was worth maybe $40. Everything is old and outdated, and the air conditioner rattled all night making it impossible to sleep. Because I paid with a debit card, they charged me an additional $50 damage deposit which I was supposed to get back in 3-5 days. When I didn't see a credit to my card on the 5th day, I called and was told the maid reported damage in the form of a cigarette burn hole in the comforter and that they would be keeping my $50. No one smoked in the room so they're either straight up lying so they can keep my $50 or it was previously missed by the maid. I suspsect the first scenario.

When I flat out denied the charge and asked to speak to the manager I was told to write a letter, which I did. I also filed a complaint against the establishment with the Better Business Bureau. The fact that I wasn't able to speak with a manager, and was instead directed to write a letter further fuels my suspicion that the whole thing is scam.

If you stay here, pay in cash and have the maid do a walk through with you before checking out.

Room Tip: A room at a different hotel would be a good start.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Yslandgyrl
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at the Village Inn the long weekend.When I went to bed I noticed there was stains on the sheet.The top sheet was thread bare you could see through it.It was 3 in the morning and I figured there was no housekeeping staff on.I showed the maid in the morning and she said we clean them with clorox so she wasn't concerned about our stay or throwing those sheets out.The train runs all night long.$98.I am almost tempted to call the Health Dept.Discussed!!!It also looked like feces on the wall.I thought maybe the housekeeper had washed the walls with her toilet rag...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank 937happycamper
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel is disgusting! I only walked inside to notify them we wouldn't be staying there. I was worried about contracting some sort of disease. It is very dirty and gloomy and I suggest never staying there. I'd rather sleep in my car than stay there! Staff rude and difficult to work with. They don't care about customer service they just want your money.
You've been warned. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt and think that some reviewers just don't know what they are talking about. Save yourself and go somewhere else!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank concerned60878
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Inn At Port Gardner
Inn At Port Gardner
#5 of 22 in Everett
Best Western Cascadia Inn

Been to Village Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!