“Save your money!!”

Village Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
“Save your money!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Walked in the room the widow wide open screen was off!! beds where 1950's u get springs up your butt .... for 130 dollars !!!! NOT worth it !!! Water pressure ummm nil !!!! Bad bad bad place. We had to get a pet room do to having one the room smelt like dog crap car airfreshers hanging all over the room

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Truckergal55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ashland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We found ourselves in Northern Washington on a road trip with no hotel reservations. Turns out there was a large soccer tourney near our intended destination. Not a hotel within 50 miles with any vacancies - except the Village Inn and Suites.

They were able to get us into a smoking room with two beds because it was all they had left. The room smelled heavily of smoke but it was bearable after you got used to it. It was clean, everything worked and the folks at the front desk were as accommodating as possible. I was disappointed that there were no breaks offered in the rates - no discounts for AAA / AARP or any of the other common ones. We ended up paying $139 plus tax for a room that was worth no more than $59 or so...

But, when there is no where else to go within 50 miles, you'll take any port in the storm...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Vincent Y, Former Director of Sales at Village Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I am no longer affiliated with this establishment and can no longer be contacted for complaints since I no longer work at this motel.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

On every wall they put rules up. If you mark their towel in any way they will charge you for that towel, even if it could be washed out. They will lie to you about giving you your deposit back. If you check out 1 min later you will be charged another night. If you don't have a back bone and you don't mine being treated very poorly, then stay there. Fyi they will call the police on you too. To check out the owner has to come into your room to inspect before you even get your money back. Another thing pay with cash otherwise they will charge you more after you leave. No joke!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank traveled2012
I am no longer affiliated with this motel and cannot be contacted for any complaints.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Giant spiders running up and down the walls. Slimy shower. I saw a roach under the bar sink. And today, I was diagnosed with mrsa. I believe I got it from the motel because I never go anywhere and I stayed there a couple weekends ago while my landlord remodeled my bathroom.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank jennn67
I am no longer affiliated with this motel nor can I be contacted regarding any complaints.
Albany, OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We have stayed at the Village Inn several times before and never had a bad experience. It would appear that the hotel is now run by a new owner. The staff was trying to be very helpful and I have only good things to say about them. Very polite and apologetic when the first of two nights was a night from hell. We were awakened about 2 AM by a very loud TV blaring on the other side of a wall with apparently no insulation. (The man had checked in about 1:30.) I called the front desk and the young man tried twice to phone the next room and knocked on the door without any answer. He gave us another room to sleep in for the night. Two hours later we were awakened there by a loud, very angry woman talking on a cell phone (or talking to herself?) and using expletives. There was no insulation there, either. This happened several times. Very poor night's sleep. The second night was fine, back in our original room. Upon check out I spoke to the owner-manager, Mr. Yee, who would only offer us a $20 coupon for "our next stay". They would not offer any credit against our bill in compensation. When I told him that the woman in the next room was a problem he admitted he knew that, but she was staying for the month and he didn't know what to do about it. We will never be back and suggest you look elsewhere in Marysville.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Kencalea
I am no longer affiliated with this motel so I cannot be contacted regarding any complaints guests may have.
Seattle, Washington, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

It all started with Check in which is not as they state on their website : “It is our pleasure to make your stay at the Village Inn & Suites as convenient and comfortable as possible.
You can expect a royal welcome and stay at the Village Inn & Suites in Marysville, “
Upon arrival the woman working the front desk was on the phone and we waited 10 mins before she finally in broken English demanded to know if we wanted a room. When we told her we had a reservation she yelled several times, we believe, for someone come check us in, but are not sure as she spoke little English. Finally she put the phone down and took a moment to check us in. This time we spent waiting we put to good use reading all the “We will charge you extra for damn near EVERYTHING” signage they had posted. They have proudly posted they will charge you extra if they believe that it takes them longer than whatever they believe their norm to be for cleaning the room. They will charge you extra if you get the towels dirty. (we decided right then and there we could go a day without a shower, besides I wasn’t sure after seeing the bathroom, that I would not get dirtier by taking a shower than I already was)
So we finally get checked in and we are handed a key, not a key card a nice key with HUGE fob with the room number on it that ANYONE could have made a copy of. We make our way to the room and what a surprise. The room resembles none of the rooms on their web site. It was small and in desperate need of updating. (I have posted photos) There was spatter of some type on the ceiling, I still hate to imagine what it could have been. I pulled the bedding open to see if it was clean and checked the mattress for bed bugs, thankfully the bed was actually clean. There was a burn on the carpet where someone had placed a hot iron and on the back of the door was the usual postings one expects to see with the exception of their “rules and regulations” They stated that The Rules and Regulations are such as that in all First class Hotels - I got quite a chuckle out of that. They must think mighty highly of their establishment to even infer that it is on par with any First Class Hotel.

The comfort of the bed was ok, I have slept on worse at some Marriott’s and as for noise level it was not so bad. The through the wall HVAC didn’t work well and they really need to check the heater part of it. It got a bit chilly so we turned it on and we turned it off almost immediately as it started to smell really bad.

As they say a picture is worth 1,000 words so I will allow the reader to make up their own mind about this hotel but as I have titled this review, Think Twice Before Booking Here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
11 Thank mobaybaby
Vincent Y, Director of Sales at Village Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear Mobaybaby,
First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the bad experience you had on your last visit. I was SHOCKED to read your comments and immediately went to inspect the hotel's accomodations. Although I have not yet seen the interior of every single room and suite, the ones I did inspect are clean, odorless and in good order. I will do a more detailed room-by-room inspection in the coming weeks as I am able to do so.
I was hired ten days ago as the Sales and Marketing Director while at the same time I am the front desk manager from Monday through Saturday usually starting at 4pm and ending at 10pm or midnight on the weekend. I am off only on Sunday.
We greatly appreciate your comments as it points out areas of improvement. The owners themselves returned to take over the management about a year ago and admittedly their first language is not English so communication can be a challenge especially if emotions escalate quickly on either side.
My name is Vincent "Vince" Yano and I will personally guarantee satisfaction of each and every guest. Please call me at 1-877-659-0005 anytime between 4pm and 8pm PST Mondays through Saturdays and ask for me by name. I would like to speak with you and try to EARN your trust back first and then EARN your business as well. You may also email me ANYTIME at Vincent.Yano@gmail.com
Again, our apologies for your appalling experience and thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I started ten days ago so I am trying very quickly to make sure every guest becomes a satisfied visitor.
Sincerely yours,
Vincent "Vince" Yano
Sales and Marketing Director
Village Inn & Suites
Email: Vincent.Yano@gmail.com
Tacoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

We tried to cancel our reservation when we saw our rm! Unfriendly, unhelpful staff, dirty shower & room, noisy, bad mattress, lousy continental brkfst - frzn waffles and 1/4 muffins, half roll of t..p, (we overheard a customer asking for another roll since an extra wasn't provided!). This place shouldn't be in business! The handwritten sign in the lobby re. extra to be paid if towels are too dirty! We were charged $90.00/night!

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank J S
Dear J S,
My sincere apologies for such an appalling experience. It was shocking, to say the least. I was hired ten days ago by the owners to start setting things in order and make sure standards are kept up, guests are satisfied and everyone is treated well. My name is Vincent "Vince" Yano and you may call me at the hotel toll free at 1-877-659-0005 between 4pm and 8pm PST Mondays through Saturdays. Or you may email me anytime at Vincent.Yano@gmail.com
I would like to somehow make up for your bad experience. My goal is to EARN your trust back first and then to EARN your business as well. I will make it a point to inspect the quality of the continental breakfast and evaluate the current policies with the owners. My personal viewpoint is that the "Customer is King" and every guest should be treated like a VIP because each guest, to me, is a Very Important Person for our hotel.
Again, my apologies for your bad experience and my thanks for bringing this information to my attention so I know what areas to address quickly. I would like to somehow make up in some way for your bad experience and would like to speak with you or communicate via email privately so we can work something out.
I am working the front desk during the busy periods six nights a week with Sundays off and also addressing areas which need improvement throughout the hotel to assure each and every guest of an affordable, clean, safe and friendly experience so that they feel comfortable with us as their "home away from home." I guarantee the lowest room rates possible for ALL guests within parameters set by the owners who want the hotel filled all the time. I do have some discretion and want you to know that an email or phone call to me will NOT be a waste of your time.
Sincerely yours,
Vincent "Vince" Yano
Sales and Marketing Director
Village Inn & Suites
Email: Vincent.Yano@gmail.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
#3 of 5 in Arlington
BEST WESTERN Cascadia Inn
Best Western Plus Arlington / Marysville
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett

Been to Village Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!