“Worst experience ever! Save your money!”

Village Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We tried to cancel our reservation when we saw our rm! Unfriendly, unhelpful staff, dirty shower & room, noisy, bad mattress, lousy continental brkfst - frzn waffles and 1/4 muffins, half roll of t..p, (we overheard a customer asking for another roll since an extra wasn't provided!). This place shouldn't be in business! The handwritten sign in the lobby re. extra to be paid if towels are too dirty! We were charged $90.00/night!

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank J S
Vincent Y, Director of Sales at Village Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Dear J S,
My sincere apologies for such an appalling experience. It was shocking, to say the least. I was hired ten days ago by the owners to start setting things in order and make sure standards are kept up, guests are satisfied and everyone is treated well. My name is Vincent "Vince" Yano and you may call me at the hotel toll free at 1-877-659-0005 between 4pm and 8pm PST Mondays through Saturdays. Or you may email me anytime at Vincent.Yano@gmail.com
I would like to somehow make up for your bad experience. My goal is to EARN your trust back first and then to EARN your business as well. I will make it a point to inspect the quality of the continental breakfast and evaluate the current policies with the owners. My personal viewpoint is that the "Customer is King" and every guest should be treated like a VIP because each guest, to me, is a Very Important Person for our hotel.
Again, my apologies for your bad experience and my thanks for bringing this information to my attention so I know what areas to address quickly. I would like to somehow make up in some way for your bad experience and would like to speak with you or communicate via email privately so we can work something out.
I am working the front desk during the busy periods six nights a week with Sundays off and also addressing areas which need improvement throughout the hotel to assure each and every guest of an affordable, clean, safe and friendly experience so that they feel comfortable with us as their "home away from home." I guarantee the lowest room rates possible for ALL guests within parameters set by the owners who want the hotel filled all the time. I do have some discretion and want you to know that an email or phone call to me will NOT be a waste of your time.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed here while passing through and were too tired to keep going. Ate quite good food at the restaurant adjacent, went into this hotel and asked about the rates ($79 for a double) which seemed reasonable for the area. Found a clean, large room, with WiFi. The bed was a standard hotel type bed, not comfortable for me but my husband had no complaints. However the other guests were extremely noisy, coming and going until the early morning hours, talking and laughing loudly. You could easily hear the conversations in the room next door. As a result we woke up very tired the next day. Probably won't stay here again due to the thin walls and hard beds. Not the place to get a good night's sleep!

1  Thank KarenGH

Dear Karen G H,
My sincere apologies for your awful experience during your last stay with us. And, thank you for bringing this information to my attention.
The owners hired me ten days ago to address areas of concern and to make sure that standards of safety, cleanliness, privacy and quiet enjoyment are afforded our guests. I am quickly addressing areas of concern and appreciate your comments.
Please email me at Vincent.Yano@gmail.com anytime or call me at the hotel at 1-877-659-0005 between 4pm and 8pm, Mondays through Saturday so that I may try to EARN your trust back first and then EARN your repeat business as well.
Personally, if you had called me at the front desk complaining of noisy occupants in the next room, I would have first tried to move you to a quieter room or even a different floor. I would also have called first and then personally gone to the noisy room to ask them to be quieter or I would refund their room charge and ask them to please find another place to stay for the night since we do reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and the comfort and quiet enjoyment of ALL of our guests should always be enforced. I do understand what if it feels like to not be able to fall asleep because of a noisy environment and there is NO EXCUSE for noisy guests AFTER 10pm when all visitors are asked to leave the hotel so that only registered guests are remaining.
Please contact me so that I can make up for your past experience. Email is preferred for recordkeeping and so you also have written proof if I offer you a VIP special rate on your next visit. I hope you will eventually revisit us so that we may regain your confidence in our establishment.
Again, my apologies for your bad experience and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

The place was clean and the staff was friendly. We drove around more than 3o min to find a room. The room rate of Quality Inn and Best Western was just ridicoulous ($179). We finally got a room in Village Inn at $79. It was the lowest rate in town, trust me.
Continental breakfast was OK.Very close to Premium Outletmall/Tulalip Casino. We'll definitely be back.

2  Thank kay2123
Vincent Y, Director of Sales at Village Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

Just a fast update as of 1/23/12 for everyone re: my contact information: I am now OFF on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so you may contact me at 1-877-659-0005 between 4pm and 8pm (PST) on any of the five other evenings or, better yet, EMAIL me ANYTIME at Vincent.Yano@gmail.com if you have any complaints, comments, suggestions or requests. I was hired on January 6, 2012 as Sales and Marketing Director to improve customer service and assure each and every guest of high standards of quality, cleanliness, service, safety, privacy and quiet enjoyment during their entire visit with us. I am quickly addressing areas of concern in order to improve our three-star rating we currently have. Thank you to all of our past and present guests and my sincere apologies to everyone who had a bad experience at the Village Inn & Suites prior to January of 2012. Please try us again. Please contact me if you did have a bad experience any time in the past so I can try to make it up to you.
Thank you for your kind attention and patience in this matter.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

After driving around for 4 hours looking for a room we finally found vacancy at this Hotel. They obviously realized an opportunity and charged us $100.00 to stay. The place was filthy - our shoes stuck to the floor in the bathroom, there was a plate with food still on it in the closet, the sheets had holes, and the mattress pad had hair all over it. The carpet was just ground in dirt. There was garbage stuffed behind the dresser. There was cigarette butts in the fake plants in the hallway. We laughed at the homemade sign they posted in the room about how we would be charged for "trashing it". It couldn't have gotten much worse!!!
When we talked to the Front Desk Clerk about our concerns she said she only works part time and has no idea what is going on.
Do not stay there even if you are desperate!

7  Thank SandraJohn630

Dear SandraJohn630,
OMG (Oh, my God!), what a shocking description of an appalling experience!
My sincere apologies for the condition of the room and for the unhelpful response from the front desk clerk. I would have immediately transferred you to another room and went with you to inspect it to make sure it was acceptable.
I was hired ten days ago by the owners to make sure standards are kept up and every guest is assured of a CLEAN, quiet, safe, affordable, private and friendly stay. I am quickly addressing issues of concern and am inspecting rooms and evaluating all aspects of the hotel operation, policies and personnel to improve things.
Please email me anytime at Vincent.Yano@gmail.com or call me between 4pm and 8pm PST Mondays through Saturdays so I may try to EARN your trust back first and then EARN your business as well. If you email me you will have a written record if I offer you a special VIP room rate in private to try to entice you to try us once more. I want to make up for what was surely an APPALLING experience at any business establishment, let alone a hotel which is supposed to be your "home away from home" in comfort, friendliness, affordability, privacy, quiet and CLEANLINESS. There is NO excuse for what happened to you, what you had to deal with and the way you were treated.
My apologies once more and my thanks for bringing this to my attention. I am quickly addressing each and every issue brought up by all guests, past, present and even future in order to make sure we keep all three stars we now have. I hope to improve our rating in customer satisfaction very quickly because each guest is very important to us.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

i called on june 21 ,2011 to make reservation for june 26, 2011. i called again on june 22, 2011 swaying i was disabled and would desire a ground floor room. i also mentioned on june 32 that i wanted a ground floor room and was told they were all booked. myson and i arrived on saturday june 26, and he told the male clerk of mycondition and he immedialely took him to a ground floor room, my original room was on the 4th floor several doors from the elevator. the room we stayed in was clean and the beds confortable. i will not stay there anymore because of this situation.

dale d turk
8910 ne hazel dell ave e-106
vancouver, wa 98665

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank daleturk

Dear daleturk,
My sincere apologies for the appalling way you were treated. There is no excuse for that and I would like to make it up to you.
I was hired ten days ago by the owners to improve their hotel and address issues of concern. Your physical/medical condition requires extra care and attentiveness on the part of hotel personnel and you were not given the proper attention or concern. I apologize again.
Please email me anytime at Vincent.Yano@gmail.com or call me between 4pm and 8pm PST Mondays through Saturdays at 1-877-659-0005 so I can EARN your trust back and then EARN your future business as well. I will not waste your time. I really want to earn your business back.
Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I greatly appreciate it as I quickly evaluate the hotel's policies, procedures and personnel to improve our ratings and reviews. We want EVERY guest to be happy and will strive to make that happen. This should be your "home away from home" in friendliness, cleanliness, privacy, affordability, quiet and special attention for those with special needs.
Finally, again my deepest apologies for the appalling way you were treated. Please let me make it up to you.

Reviewed November 24, 2010

I just got home to write this review to let everyone know that they have a roach infestation! I had to shake EVERYTHING out including my purse and food was thrown out because of it.I brought a bug to the asian lady and told her they are infested and she asked where? EVERYWHERE! I seen them in the hallways! NO REFUND!! BBB and health Dept was contacted.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank pixiefied
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We checked in quite late (midnight) due to a busy day of shopping. We were planning on staying two nights in Marysville and the clerk insisted that I needed to pay for both nights upfront. When we entered our room, we were met with an applesauce-pee smell, garbage on the floor (wrappers, popsicle sticks), mold in the bathroom. We pulled back the bedsheets and found hair and dirty stains. We grabbed our belongings and headed back to the front desk to check out. The clerk (not the same guy who checked us in) claimed he couldn't work the Visa machine to give us a refund nor could he contact anyone to help him with this. He said to come back the following morning to see the manager.

When we arrived the next morning, we asked the manager for a refund and he yelled at us that we had left the lights on. We explained the state of the room and he told us to go away. He advised us that he would refund our second night (as in the night that had not yet taken place) but not for the first night (i.e. last night) because we had left the lights on. He would not produce any paperwork showing us that he had refunded any of the $218 original Visa charge. He told us to leave and irrelevantly told us that we were being videotaped. He then proceeded to call the police and report to them that we were "yelling" at him. The police dispatcher on the phone recommended that we wait outside or we could be charged with causing a disturbance taking this ridiculous experience to a whole new level. We waited outside for the police who effectively and quickly managed the whole situation. The manager was influenced to produce Visa refund documentation for the second night. As the manager now asked for my Visa to refund our second night, it was evident that he had not processed any refund as he had claimed. So we did lose out on our first night's stay ($108) but we figured it was cheaper than getting a rash. It is unreal that this hotel is allowed to get away with this sort of behaviour. During our visit in Marysville, we learned of others' bad experiences at this hotel and they were even worse than ours. So glad we didn't spend the night there!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank shoppergirl40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Medallion Hotel
#3 of 5 in Arlington
Best Western Cascadia Inn
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett

Been to Village Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!