“I'm so disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
Qualicum Beach, BC Canada
“I'm so disappointed”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We had stayed at Tulalip several times before & loved everything about it. This trip, not so much. While getting ready for bed I picked up a water glass to find it had someone's toothpaste residue in the bottom. The other glass was covered with fingerprints. Yuck. The next morning we took the glass to the front desk. They were quite uninterested & said they would notify housekeeping. No 'I'm sorry', nothing. A week later we received the standard 'how was your stay' review online so we retold the story of the water glass. No reply... ever. I have subsequently emailed the hotel to tell them this story & have never received a response. Really poor customer service.
We wish this hadn't happened because it really colours our opinion of the Tulalip experience. We also noticed things around the hotel are beginning to look a bit worn & the general housekeeping of the hotel was somewhat lax.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank janhodson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Renton, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Walking into the Tulalip Resort and Casino, I felt like I'd been magically transported to Las Vegas. It seems out of place when you think of its surroundings, but a much welcome oasis in the middle of a not so exciting area of Washington State. And as great as everything was downstairs at the casino, buffet and hotel lobby, it was our guest room that I fell in love with.

It was beautifully decorated and furnished with really comfortable beds and chairs, even the desk chair was a dream. We had top of the line electronics like a large flat screen tv, i-pod/phone capable mini stereo and a touch-screen telephone. Other impressive features included a spacious Kohler shower with 3 vertically aligned water tile squares, and a Keurig single-cup coffee maker with Tully's coffee!

So obviously, I was impressed by the room, but also with the customer service. The friendliness of all the staff made us feel welcome, which ensured a wonderful and memorable stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2010

When we arrived at the reception desk we were welcomed nicely...however it went downhill from there. We requested 2 queen beds instead of a king. First we were told there wasn't any....then they said we couldn't change because we had booked through Expedia (we totally understand this) except for additional cost. They spent 10 minutes trying to determine what that cost would be and then changed their mind to it not be available at any cost. Whe we asked to speak with a manager the clerk went a got someone who came out and said they didn't have a manager. When we questioned that he said, "We haven't been able to fill that position". I work in a corporate client service department where client service is our #1 priority. This comment is absolutely unacceptable.
The next day when we returned at 4:30pm to our room it hadn't been made up. I asked a young gentleman employee in the hallway if this was usual to not have service before this time. He turned and replied, (in a very condescending tone) "Well, did you turn your light on?" I asked him which light and he pointed, along with a large sigh, to the bell icon outside the door of the room. It appeared to me it was a doorbell. His response to that was, "Ma'am....you are probably unaware that in most high end hotels they have the same indicator that you turn on inside your room for clean-up service".
Needless to say....even though the hotel is lovely in appearance the staff definately require some customer service training. And someone with managerial experience to oversee them.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank hernher
Calgary
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed at the Tulalip Resort Casino for 4 days and were simply awestruck at the quality of furnishings and room decor. The beds and pillows are the most comfortable I have EVER slept on. The rooms are ..... well, beautiful!! The bathrooms are to die for -- simply amazing. Everything from the triple spray shower (we really miss that!) right down to the cosmetic mirror at the vanity, were fantastic. Our room was on the 12th floor and offered a very nice view of the pool below and out toward the mountains. The staff were impeccable throughout - top notch service in every area - all servers, bell staff, room service, front desk, valet, etc. We ate breakfast daily at the Eagles Buffet and a couple of times at the Cedars Cafe. Experiences at both areas was excellent .... great food and fast, friendly service. We ordered room service on one night after a particularly long day in Seattle, and were amazed and how fantastic the food was and the prompt and friendly service. My only negatives to this stay were 1) the smokey casino, and 2) the noisy guests on our floor. I seriously hate the smell of cigarette smoke (and am also asthmatic), so the couple of trips walking through the casino to get to the Eagles Buffet were just horrible. Each time we ate at the buffet, we had to ask for seating as far away from the casino as possible because the smoke wafts in. That, to me, ruins my meal - eating with a room full of smokers. It didn't take long before we just started walking outside the hotel to get to the dining area to avoid the haze of smoke in the casino. As with any hotel it seems, there's always someone who has to be completely disorderly and obnoxious. We had those people on our floor. They came stumbling in to their room in the wee hours of the morning, all the while talking and laughing out loud, and continuing to do so in their room. Eventually they left for what I was assuming a trip down to the casino, since they did return a couple of hours later in the same manner - loud, obnoxious, and allowing their door to slam shut several times. I did not bother to contact the front desk as there always seems that there's little that can be done to silence these types. We also found a fairly large party in progress on another night in one of the 'Players' suites just down the hall which had many individuals stumbling and hollering upon leaving in the early hours. Not too impressed with that either. I guess I would have to say that I probably would stay here again, and keep my fingers crossed for fewer (or none?) obnoxious guests. We did however, thoroughly enjoy seeing the sights in Seattle, the Premium Outlet Mall next to the hotel, and the great golf courses nearby.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lilshoppinggal
Nanaimo
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stayed at Tulalip Resort Casino for 1 night on a trip back from Seattle. We were recommended this hotel by the friend, and when i told her the rate that I could get from the internet site, she told me to book it immediately. It is close to the outlet mall, which was a lot of fun. My husband and I do not gamble, but the casino atmosphere is so much fun. We were in awe when we got to our room just by the sheer size. The room was very clean, could not find one thing wrong with the cleanliness of the room (and trust me, i'm picky!). The shower pressure was terrific and we didn't hear a peep from any of the other rooms. I would definitely stay there again - we enjoyed the room so much we spent most of our time in it! Our only complaint was that the pool was a little small for the size of the hotel (it was jam packed until it closed and we didn't end up using it), and we could never get a hold of the conceirge when we had questions. When we got the room, we didn't have in room coffee, but the front desk rectified the problem within minutes.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I am a regular customer of Tulalip Resort. To sum it up, I typically play slot machines and decided to go into the lounge where someone proceeded to hug me, thus spilling my drink. It was my second drink of the night. I immediately got up to get a rag and clean up the spill and I was cut off. I was interrupted by a rude waitress when I was speaking with the manager. The next evening, after taking a nap, I went downstairs without one drink in several hours and was automatically cut off again for no reason. I was outraged and embarrassed. It was intentional and malicious on the waitresses part and the staff were clearly trying to prove a point that they have power over who they like and who they don't like. I don't live in the country and was shocked by the treatment of the security and night club staff...the ONE time I go into the club I was treated this way, the second time I tried to go in I was cut off AGAIN. If you saw the riff raff that crawls around the casino at all hours you would be amazed seeing a classy and sober lady like myself being cut off for no reason, two nights in a row. I wrote the President of the resort and received NO reply. I would recommend the hotel and the casino floor staff are great but the night club and security staff are all in a gang, it seems. Very wrong!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank 9999jm
Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Stayed here one night in July for my birthday. Chose it due to rave reviews on here, plus proximity to Seattle Premium Outlets next door. What a beautiful hotel! Wonderful rooms which are huge. We had a room with a king bed, and had plenty of room to move around and for our 3 month old baby and all her paraphenalia. Room service menu is great, and very reasonable. The robes in room are wonderful - almost took one home for $65. Pool area is lovely as well. Did not venture to casino due to aforementioned baby, but from what we saw, it was quite nice. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and the free valet was great. Would stay again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Angel of the Winds Casino Hotel
Medallion Hotel
Medallion Hotel
#3 of 5 in Arlington
Best Western Plus Arlington/Marysville
Best Western Cascadia Inn
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront

Been to Tulalip Resort Casino? Share your experiences!