“Hotel: GREAT! Casino: Full of smoke”

Tulalip Resort Casino
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Marysville
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here late July and absolutely LOVED everything about the hotel portion. Room was decorated ultra-contemporary yet with a nice blend of local native designs. Spacious room, extremely comfortable bed and [many] pillows; LARGE well designed bathroom with everything you need. Everything in and out of the room was clean and well taken care of. Staff were all very helpful, courteous and professional. We had signed up for a casino card and provided our e-mail address a few years back and were surprised to get an offer to try their hotel for $99 and SO glad we did!!!
Pool area was so relaxing. I even enjoyed sitting outside in cool misty morning after an early swim and soak in the nice hot tub. Families with kids started arriving a little later and they enjoyed themselves; we liked having the place almost entirely to ourselves early in the morning.
The casino is also large and Las Vegas-like. BUT as we don't smoke, we couldn't take it for very long and as noted by others, good that we had brought extra clothes to change into, as it didn't take long in casino for our old clothes to reek of smoke.
I will make this request of Tulalip once again: PLEASE PROVIDE A NO SMOKING AREA IN YOUR CASINO. Take a trip up the road past Bellingham to see how Silver Reef has done this. They are MUCH smaller yet they manage to have a very NICE no-smoking area. It CAN be done!

Room Tip: A room on the side or in the back would be away from any freeway noise- but the freeway itself is a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed October 12, 2013

That we couldn't spend more than 45 minutes in the casino due to the smoke. We left and our clothes absolutely reeked.
We loved everything about the resort aside from that. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever had while travelling.
The pool area is quite lovely and the hot tub well maintained.
We had a very nice meal at Blackfish restaurant, but unfortunately the smoke from the adjacent casino followed us in there, making it less enjoyable.
We enjoy gambling, and would return regularly if it weren't for the toxic environment in the casino. That brought our rating down by 2 stars.
I have to wonder, given that 80%+ of people are non-smokers, how many other customers are like us and won't be returning because of this single issue. Such a pity! Because it's a beautiful resort.
If I spend my money on having fun, then I want to be able to gamble and dine without getting a massive headache from breathing in smoke. And I know I'm not the only one...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bucketlistgal
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and many friends have stayed here and gushed about how awesome it is. I used to sell promotional merchandise to this place BEFORE they built the new resort, so I was skeptical as the old place was a bingo hall dump.

So we went up for our anniversary and I must say it met and exceeded all expectations. The room was fantastic. When I consider the tribal "resort" on the coast which will remain unnamed which charges about the same amount I am stunned. Everything here is first rate; from the bathrooms to the view, to the bed. Quality linens and towels, fully stocked mini-bar which was actually somewhat reasonably priced. My favorite, the shower. Nothing done on the cheap. Comfortable king-sized bed. Nice furniture....not the mis-matched, thread-bare stuff like the "other" resort on the coast.

The casino is well laid-out and flows nicely. Plenty of restrooms which are constantly being cleaned and bars. Didn't eat at all the restaurants but the cafe was fine. Staff was always pleasant and courteous. The smoking does become a bit much and the do not have a non-smoking area. Table game minimums were high, but it was a Saturday night.

The new sports bar called The Draft was great. Watched both the UW/Stanford game then Seahawk/Colts game Sunday. Staff was helpful and menu is fantastic. Gourmet bar food is the best way to describe.

Best of all the hotel had a bottle of very nice champagne delivered to our room because they knew it was our anniversary. This is the type of attentive service you rarely see anymore. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rpsteele
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I always have fun at Tulalip. We get a free reward every month. The food is amazing. We really enjoy cedars cafe! Plus it seems like we can play longer than the other casinos in Washington. My only complaint is the smoke. Make a non smoking section!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stopping at Tulalip Casino Resort on our way South we enjoyed our time in the Casino which with its high ceilings and good ventilation is not filled with smoke! It is a really incredible complex both outside and in! Taking a break for a meal we went to the Cedars Cafe thinking it would be a nice break. Not! We were greeted when we arrived and, despite the fact the coffee shop was almost empty, we were seated at the back where we were totally ignored for about 15 minutes. No water, no menus, no staff in our vicinity at all! We finally decided to leave and find a different place to eat and on the way out, at the hostess stand, were three employees standing chatting who didn't even look up as we left. Really poor for a Resort which is supposed to be one of the Pacific Northwest's Finest!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank geminigemini
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Finally made the trip down here from BC and absolutely loved our experience. A very nice, clean and affordable stay. What we also found nice is the value (especially when dining out).
My only complaint is that I like more of the "reel type" slots as opposed to penny slots. However if you are playing the penny slots, I loved ZOMBIE OUTBREAK!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We are not gamblers, but had always wanted to stay at this property based on reviews and shopping opportunities; I don't think I will do it again. The room was decorated very nice, and the bed was quite comfy. You can't control the climate (beyond a few degrees) and the room was so hot in the night we could not sleep; it was very uncomfortable. They only offer a few channels on the TV as well. Again, the makeup area and the room decor was nice, but that's where it stops. The casino is incredibly smoky. We ate at the Blackfish and spent a considerable amount of money on dinner, which is fine; however, it was so loud you couldn't hear each other speak. The overall impression of staff at this resort and casino is perfunctory, at best.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OceanGirl99
Ben R, Social Media Manager at Tulalip Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Hi there - thank you for your review, and for offering such honest feedback. I've passed it straight to our management team for their consideration. We rely on hearing from guests like you, so we can continue improving conditions for guests in the future. We do hope you come back sometime to try our resort again! Best,
Ben

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Angel of the Winds Casino Hotel
Best Western Plus Arlington/Marysville
Wyndham Garden Hotel Arlington
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Red Lion Inn & Suites Everett

Been to Tulalip Resort Casino? Share your experiences!