“Another Stay...Orca Suite this time”

Tulalip Resort Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
kirkland, wa
“Another Stay...Orca Suite this time”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Just returned from a stay at Tulalip. Overall it was another good stay. We had an Orca Suite which was very nice. Room was beautiful. Had a large jacuzzi tub which was great. The only issue is while filling up the tub, i noticed many small hairs floating in the tub. I hadnt been in the tub so they werent mine. I drained it and noticed that the filter had numerous hairs as well. Kinda gross but i delt with it. The rooms could use thicker doors as you can hear everything in the hallways thru them. The casino slots are always covered in cigarette ashes which is another peve of mine. Seems like every time we go there, this is the case. They really need to get someone going around cleaning them regularly. I never once saw anyone cleaning. I have commented on this before in the past, but nothing has changed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Social Media Manager at Tulalip Resort Casino, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for the write-up, and for the details about what you'd like to see changed. I'm here to make sure that your words are seen by our management team, so I'll be passing this review straight to them. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall! We hope to see you again soon.
Ben

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is by far one of the nicest resorts we have stayed at. The rooms are top rate. The staff at this resort are wonderful. We do some gambling and found they have a good variety of slot machines. Really enjoyed the great variety of foods at the buffet and the at the other restaurants in the resort. Will definitely make another trip there!

Room Tip: We believe any room would be excellent!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Why thank you! What a wonderful review. And thank you also for coming to stay with us - we're proud to have guests like you. Hope to see you again soon!
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a fantastic property! The rooms are spacious, comfortable, beautifully decorated and include every convenience. We didn't use the pool or spa, but toured each and found them very inviting. We aren't big gamblers, but if that's what has attracted you to the property, there's ample machines/tables to keep you occupied. There's a wonderful variety of eating establishments. Our personal favourite is the Cedars Cafe - great menu selections and generous portions, affordable pricing and incredibly friendly service staff. The hotel is close to shopping and other local businesses. Overall, it's a treat to get-away to this fabulous resort. We're already looking forward to our next visit!

Seattle, WA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the level of quality here all the way around: service, decor, dining, amenities. We stayed following dinner and a comedy show, then got up the next day to shop at the outlet mall next door. We were running late from Seattle when we arrived and the check-in desk helped us hold our reservation at the fine dining restaurant in the casino so that we wouldn't lose it despite being late. They also upgraded our snack bar with some free yummy munchies since we are a member of this hotel chain's rewards program. Can't comment on the spa or casino as we didn't use those, but will definitely be returning for the hotel itself (and the food!)

Room Tip: Hotel asks you to report noise disturbances after 10pm immediately - they seem committed to keeping...
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm familiar with the casino but this was the first time i'd stayed at the hotel. Well if you frequent the casino you know that it doesn't exactly have the most upscale feel to it. The casino is smokey and the decor looks like the interior of a Macau casino from the 70s. If like me that is the image you have in your head then the hotel couldn't be a more pleasant surprise. The room was one of the best hotel rooms i've stayed in. Probably better than some of the top hotels on the strip in las vegas. I didn't use the pool but it looked like it would be great for kids. A friend of mine used the spa and gave it rave reviews. I'm sure i'll be back soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great hotel five star all the way. Its a bit out of the way but there is loads of shopping with the Seattle premium outlets. As well its a short 30 minute drive to Seattle,

If you are a casino fan - you will love it. I do not gamble and I don't smoke - so being in the casino was not for me.

The hotel ambiance and the First Nation motives were great - the staff particularly were very pleasant and friendly.

Great trip and we got a groupon so price was good for a 12 floor room

Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here feb 22 with my mom and mother-in-law. We were on a road trip from Vancouver island to Tacoma and this was one of our pit stops.
I had phoned in advance re: rates and availability and decided not to book as it was apprx. $200 for a standard room with 2 queen size beds...however after a looooong day of travelling with 2 chatty gramma's it looked way too welcoming as we were driving by. We had planned to stay in the vicinity anyways as we were hitting the outlets - other nearby hotels were half the cost so I had figured we'd just check in to one of those (as a side note -we have stayed at the nearby hotels and they are clean, even include breakfast and one has a shuttle to the casino)
Anyways the gramma's wanted to gamble and I did not want to worry about them taking a shuttle so we pulled in to the Tulalip casino to see about availability. Right from the moment you pull up to valet you are treated 5 star by friendly welcoming staff. Check In was quick and painless - Daniel helped us with our bags after introducing himself, very friendly and funny while we were waiting for the moms. We got to our room on the third floor and it was also 5 star! Beds and pillows were very comfy, bathroom was beautiful, nice decor, big tv - everything you'd expect from a 5 star. Daniel gave the ladies a lesson on using the Keuirig coffee maker (as that was a big priority for them). He was very patient with all their other needs and questions as well, joking with them and winning their admiration (I think they would have liked to have kept him!)
After we got settled off to the casino - none of us smoke and you will notice it if you are sitting by a smoker, other than that great experience there too. Lots of machines, I didn't order drinks but noticed the wait staff are by regularly making their rounds. When we got back to the room and I changed I was surprised my clothes and hair did not stink of smoke at all! I later learned from other staff that they have a very high end exhaust / air filtration system. Having stayed at other smoking casinos before this was really nice - nothing is more disgusting than having to put stinky smokey clothes in your luggage with your clean stuff.
Anyways while at the resort we also used te restaurants - good food, decent prices and again 5 star service from really nice staff.
Now probably my favourite part was the spa....first off let me start by saying I did not intend to use the spa. I wanted to get my shop on early on the 23rd. I got up early and went to the gym for a workout (lovely gym by the way). On my way to the gym I walked by what seemed to their human resources or finance dept -this also happens to be near the spa and gym... a friendly guy in a suit was heading into the office and said good morning, I said hi and commented on the lovely smell coming from the spa...he said you should try it out....sounded like good advice so after my workout I went in to explore. The reception staff was on the phone booking an appt but acknowledged me immediately with a smile and wave. Once off the phone I asked if there were any appts. for a massage and I was lucky enough to get an appt within 20 mins. Diane was very friendly and accommodating, i was sweaty from my workout so was pleased to be offered a tour and brought to the showers right away so I could shower before my treatment. This spa is amazing! I travel frequently for business and pleasure and squeeze in spa treatments regularly...this is the nicest spa I have have seen....EVER! Wow! Staff take pride in their establishment and it was obvious they want to give their clients and exceptional experience from the people that book appts through the attendants the service matches the amazing high end surroundings.
My memory may be foggy on this one but Edna (I think) showed me around and hooked me up with towels etc. super friendly and offered lots of information on the other amenities included in my visit to the spa (great snacks, tea, infused water, relaxation area, steam bath, sauna etc.) she was so cute really encouraged me to take advantage of the great stuff. She even told me I could order lunch in if I wanted (something I would have loved to take advantage of if I had more time).
Once settled and showered I had a treatment with Joel. My massage was unreal!!!! Again very friendly staff, they are all really so nice! Anyways Joel gave an amazing massage, chatted if I started conversation, made sure pressure was right throughout the treatment...all that good stuff.
I asked a few questions in our chit chat (I'm currently doing research in workplace wellness so I was curious about how the wellness industry supports workplace wellness). Joel filled me in that the hotel treated their staff excellent and that they can access massage treatments on their breaks. This was refreshing as I have actually rec'd treatments at other spas where you hear about their high turnover in staff and how management treats them poorly etc. my treatment was great and it was nice to know that the staff were there because they love their jobs and they are treated well by the company.
I really enjoyed my stay at tulalip and will definitely pay the extra money to stay here again next time. They definitely must have a great staff training program because we were consistory treated awesome by friendly smiling staff our whole time at the resort! The place is lovely and our experience was 5 star!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ben R, Social Media Manager at Tulalip Resort Casino, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
WOW what an incredible review! Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience with us, and of course thank you for staying with us in the first place. You touch on many things that we take great pride in - amenities, customer service, and of course our spa. We hope to see you again soon!
Ben
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Angel of the Winds Casino Hotel
Medallion Hotel
Medallion Hotel
#3 of 5 in Arlington
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Best Western Plus Arlington / Marysville
BEST WESTERN Cascadia Inn

Been to Tulalip Resort Casino? Share your experiences!