“Very nice rooms”

Tulalip Resort Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marysville
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a nice and very cozy room on Wednesday October 24, 2012. We are planning to return soon, it is a very romantic setting for couples. We were looking for a nice getaway hotel not very close nor very far from Tacoma where my boyfriend and I reside. He thought about the Tulalip Casino and we just decided to go that day in the middle of the week because it was our day off, and it was a great choice, I would recomend it to other couples as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had always wanted to stay here since I had been in a room but never stayed there so my husband took me for a Christmas gift.

The room was as beautiful as I remembered, just gorgeous. The furnishings and extras are luxurious and everything was spotless. I can't say enough about it. The staff was welcoming, but not overly friendly. Not enough valet so we self parked and carried in our own bags. The lobby and casino itself is just as beautiful as the rooms are, just smoky.

My complaints were similar to others I have read and I really wouldn't even complain but just to present the place in all aspects I feel I should. The bed was a little too firm, not bad. The tv had very few channels, and I mean very few. Since we were there primarily for R and R, this was a disappointment. The shower was awesome, but once I rinsed out my conditioner it became dangerously slippery and there was nothing to grab on to.

The other complaint was that at about 9:30, housekeeping knocked on the door to see if we needed anything. She was nice, with a great friendly attitude but I really don't enjoy that. I like to sleep and have intimate time with my husband when I am at a hotel and answering the door to strangers interferes with those two things. I worry that if I don't answer, they are coming in. so I found that intrusive, although it was meant to be helpful.

We ate dinner at the buffet and it was good. All of the main courses and salads were excellent, desserts were just mediocre. Lots of good slots.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is an outstanding place to stay. Rooms are large, spotless, and luxurious! I felt like a celebrity! Enjoyed the pool and hot tub, found the buffet to be fabulous. Didn't have time to try the spa but will next time. Beautiful place and friendly staff. I even won $175 gambling! You can also get a free shuttle to the outlet stores close by so you can do some great shopping! I'LL BE BACK WITH MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was our second visit here. The hotel is first class. I have never stayed in a cleaner room at a hotel before. Normally I use antibacterial wipes in rooms before putting my things down! The view of the mountains from our room was amazing! Everything in the room was high quality: towels, sheets, coffee maker, glasses, etc. We ate at the Cafe and had room service and both were excellent with very reasonable prices. The pool looked great but we didn't use it as it was packed with kids, many unsupervised and obnoxious.
The room did seem to stay a little too warm, but when I called housekeeping they brought us a fan!
My only complaint with the casino was it quite crowded which we expected as it was New Year's Day, however many people were sitting around at machines talking or smoking and not using the machines. I appreciate other casinos that have better control of that as it can be quite annoying. At one time I had to leave my machine as there were 8 people crowded around the person next to me yapping away!

Room Tip: The rooms facing I-5 have great views of the the mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank deblynn_11
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The table games are exciting and plentiful. The newest slots available grace the gaming floor. The property is well taken care of. The employees are attentive and put customers first. The hotel is nice but a bit pricey. First class casino, and I visit many casinos in this region.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank James F
Ben R, Social Media Manager at Tulalip Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

WOW great review, thank you so much! You nailed very many of the qualities that we hope the region knows us for. We hope to see you again soon! If you're looking for a low rate on a hotel stay, be sure to use your Rewards Club card during play - it's the easiest way to earn a special offer like free play or a discounted overnight stay. Best,

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hotel Staff were very nice and a nice room we stayed in. It is best to bring your own snacks and drinks as a bit pricy to buy at the hotel. We ate at 2 of the restaurants ,one a bit to fancy for us but the buffet at breakfast was very good. The pool is not very deep but was a nice dip. Had to tell tell front desk when it was after 9:30 and that was adult time from 9-11. Why do kids make a fuss as they had all day to go in there. Casino is VERY smoky. Was told they had a non smoking area but took it out. We would have stayed but got a headache. Internet service is not free and T.V. was very confusing so missed the free movie channels.The hotel itself was built very nice and worth staying in just to look around. Found nothing at the outlet stores so had to drive further where more stores were.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TipsyTess

Thank you for your review! I really appreciate that you took the time to review each part of our resort separately - it means a lot to us. And thank you for the feedback about the amenities, I'll be passing your words directly to the management team. Best,

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Drove down to Washington State to do a little Christmas shopping at the premium outlet mall, stayed two nights in the Tulalip Casino resort hotel. Really nice hotel large open lobby area helpful staff no problems checking in, note the internet is spotty at best ask for a Wi-Fi booster for the room, requires a refundable deposit ,but works great.
Rooms are spacious and very clean beds are really comfortable pillows great we had a Kingsized bed it was like sleeping alone? Shower is neat once I figured out the handles,three shower heads.
If you feel the need to gamble the casino is downstairs across from the lobby there is a pool and spa also.
The restaurants on the casino level are good we had dinner at the Blackfish and the food at Eagles buffet was very good. The close proximity to the Seattle Premium outlet stores is another plus, we did our shopping there.
The staff and severs we all excellent and genuinely happy to help. We had a wonderful stay will be back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank John D

Wow thanks for such a great review! Sounds like you really got the whole Tulalip experience. Thanks for the note about WiFi - we're working on improving that in our building. We hope to see you again soon for more great memories!
Best,
Ben

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
Angel of the Winds Casino Hotel
Medallion Hotel
Medallion Hotel
#3 of 5 in Arlington
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
Best Western Plus Arlington/Marysville
Courtyard by Marriott - Seattle Everett Downtown

Been to Tulalip Resort Casino? Share your experiences!