“Ok for a one night stay”
Review of Buffalo Run Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marblemount
Buffalo Run Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marblemount
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I were recently traveling the Cascade Loop. We had stayed for 6 nights at the Alpine River Inn in Leavenworth which was fantastic. Beautiful view of river, awesome breakfast, very friendly staff, great pool and hottub. So even though I knew the Buffalo Run Inn was in a historical building and didn't have amenties like Alpine, I didn't know our room would be located on the corner of hwy 2. The room itself was small, yet very clean and updated, except for television that was near the ceiling which hurt my neck to watch. Hopefully they could get some flat screen tvs. It was mostly having the view of cars and trucks rushing by that was disappointing.

I thought I had also read that it was advertised as a bed and breakfast. But the owner said help yourself to the food in refrigerator, I realized that it was not a bandb. The food was mostly processed, packaged food except for some oranges. So we made due with what we had.

We have to agree that the buffalo restaurant is also pricey for the area. We found a restaurant next door, the Marblemount Diner which had delicious food, very reasonable prices, and a very friendly, outgoing waitress.

A family situation occurred during our stay, and the owner was nice about releasing us from our 4th night. As my title says, one night is ok, but not our room for more than one.

It would be nice to have a couple more choices for that area.

3  Thank Lori M
tatonka, Owner at Buffalo Run Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

It is very nice that you liked the Alpine Inn in Leavenworth and the Marblemount Diner,and you should review them on their own review page! Our Continental Breakfast is complimentary and at no charge to you! Flat screen TV's are coming in the future! Thank You for giving us a try!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

While driving the Cascade Loop, we stayed here because we didn't want to pay the outrageous price of a resort. We had one of the "better" rooms and the view wasn't spectacular but I didn't expect it to be for the price. The view is the drive. If our destination was just this hotel, I could see why one might not be as pleased. However, our goal was a decent place to stay during our trip. The rooms where clean and the location was desirable. The only reason that I'm not giving it 5 stars is the breakfast was pretty cheap.

1  Thank MtnMeadow
tatonka, Owner at Buffalo Run Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank You for the Four Star review, however the breakfast is complimentary and it is a Continental Breakfast!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed in room 105--I guess the best room in the house(?). The hotel and room met my expectations as far as the cleanliness goes, but everything else was such a disappointment. Had I known that the only view I had of the outside is that of a huge garbage can, I would have NEVER booked this place. We are outdoorsy people and as clean and spacious as the room was, we had NO desire to hang out in there, esp. not while looking out at the dumpster.

We had dinner at their restaurant on our first night, and that too was overpriced and food was nothing impressive. For our second dinner, we decided to hit up their bbq grill w/ the steak that we brought w/ us--a much better dinner...unfortunately, we had to eat it while couped-up inside the tiny dining area in the room because other guests beat us to the one and only picnic table they had out. Oh yah...our view @ dinner--the dumpster.

Honestly, $230 was WAY too much. I would have preferred staying in the rustic looking Skagit River Resort that was not too far from this place. At least you can breath the fresh air there w/out worry of smelling the garbage nearby.

Management, please plant something to hide that dumpster...for $115 a night for that room, you can afford it! A lot of your guest are probably outdoorsy people--they are going to appreciate it--trust me!

6  Thank Maybelle A

I'm confused! You talk about paying $230.00 and $115.00! You also complained about the price of the food in the restaurant! Maybe you should look for a Motel 6, when you travel and pack a lunch!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Buffalo Run Inn was clean and very quiet. The bed was comfortable. We had a room with a kitchenette so that we could easily pack lunch everyday. The complimentary breakfast was convenient and included a variety of different foods. Prior to our visit, the proprietor graciously provided us with the answers to questions that we had about the area. When I accidentally left some clothing items in our room, they were promptly returned to our home address. We spent 6 nights there, and it met our needs very well. If you are going to North Cascades National Park, it is the closest place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janice G
tatonka, Owner at Buffalo Run Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Tjhank You for the great 4 Star review!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed here one night while bicycling on the Cascade Loop. I found it a good value for the money. Everything was very clean and after dark the traffic on the highway almost disappeared, making it very quiet. Breakfast was great - lots of variety including fruit, bagels, muffins, etc. Good coffee! The owners and the staff work very hard running the restaurant as well as the hotel but they were always polite and had a nice smile for me. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank You for the great 4 Star review!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed here two nights during our visit to North Cascades National Park. The room we booked was roomy, very clean, and comfortably and attractively furnished. We were in a room that faced highway 20 and it was a little noisy, but not excessively since there wasn't much traffic when we were there. It could be a problem later in the summer. The bed was comfortable and the linens were good quality. The complimentary breakfast was a help-yourself affair from a very well stocked refrigerator in a separate breakfast room. The arrangement seemed to work very well and made for a relaxed, homey meal. The only glitch was the lack of coffee the first morning which appeared to be an isolated incident rather than the rule. There is an espresso stand next door which saved the day.The internet connection is not the best, but didn't interfere with our enjoyment of our stay here. The surrounding area is beautiful and there are many things to see and do. We would recommend the Inn and would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

THANK YOU for the wonderful 5 STAR review and I'm sorry about the coffee mix up!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed at the BRI for two nights in late June 2012 and found the place to be great. Well-kept, clean, quiet, new...didn't have any bad experience. A good place for using as a base to explore the Cascades.

The breakfast was wonderful too including an apple strudel bread which we wish we could buy here in Hawaii!

We also ate at the restaurant and found that to be good too. My girlfriend is a vegan and they bent over backwards to accommodate her.

I give this place a thumbs up!

Room Tip: We heard the hostel wasn't that great, but that is TOTALLY a rumor as I have no first hand exper...