“Tri-plex unit 11 - Too dirty for me.”

Skagit River Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marblemount
Skagit River Resort
Reviewed August 15, 2011

If you want to check this place out because you have heard about it then do just that but stay somewhere else. The grounds are lovely, the bunnies are cute but sadly I have to give this a terrible review. We heard about this place from Northwest Back Roads show and when we decided to take a last minute loop trip for our anniversary I thought it would be a fun place to stay. (Sorry, Tootsie, but the cinnamon roll (more like a sticky bun) was only alright and mine didn't have any raisins.) They offer a variety of units so I specify our unit was 11 in the tri-plex. Okay, I expected everything to be old and even less than clean but this place earns a place on my dirtiest places I've stayed list. The capper - a shower curtain that I'm guessing went up when they opened for the season and hasn't been changed since. At least I hope it is that new! I can see that at some point there was a desire to offer homey accommodations but the few nice touches we experienced cannot make up for grungy. Is the new generation resting on the laurels of the past one? My review in the form of suggestions to the staff - SCRUB the bathroom with a brush and scouring powder. If I can wipe the mildew in the shower off with a wash cloth imagine what a scrub brush could accomplish. Offer shampoo. Since we had some with us we didn't request any so we have no idea if they usually offer it and the "cleaning" person forgot. Offer coffee for the "coffee bar" advertised. Again, we had some with us and this could have been a re-stocking oversight since they provided the pot, the filters and cream and sugar. However, there was only one cup in the unit! Again, maybe an oversight. We used the ones we had with us. How about a closet of some sort. Even hooks on the walls would work. Level the bed so the head of it isn't slanting down hill. We "fixed" this problem by putting pillows between the mattress and box springs. If it's dirty - clean it! In fact, clean it even if it doesn't look dirty and then the grime won' build up. If it can't be cleaned replace it. Once blankets are worn through, replace them! Basically, if you wouldn't want it on your own home then don't put it in any of your units. I realize this is a family operation with a limited season so money might be tight but there are ways to make improvements with not a lot of money spent. Cleaning is a matter of effort, COURTESY and pride. You advertise that you hire kids to clean - re-think this or train them better. Dirty and stained upholstery is gross. Clean it. If it is still stained buy cover ups. If it's really bad - toss it. Shower curtains are cheap so change them! Inspect units regularly to be sure the cleaners are keeping it clean and not just surface wiping stuff. Be sure the units are stocked properly and furniture isn't gross. Since this is a local icon I'm sure some of your neighbors and friends would donate some newer linens and maybe even some replacement furniture as well as labor to help spruce up the place. If not, even yard sale items might be used for improving your inventory. How about putting up a few public BBQs. Microwaves in the units would be good. If wiring won't handle that how about a public use microwave somewhere on the grounds?

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ivanblossoms
There are newer reviews for Skagit River Resort

Reviewed February 9, 2011

The cabin was very clean our cabin had electric heat and a gas fireplace that made for a couple of warm and cozy evenings, the kitchen had a stove and all the necesary cookware and plates etc needed to make meals "at home". There is also a quaint restaurant at the resort with plenty of tasty food ,and affordable prices. They also boast the best cinnamon rolls I have tasted, baked by Tuti herself. On the grounds are many rabbits that kids and adults(kids that have'nt grown up) haha.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ironmike1957

Been to Skagit River Resort? Share your experiences!