“Brazilian food, mountain charm”
Review of Maple Falls Cafe - CLOSED

Maple Falls Cafe
Cuisines: American, Brazilian, Fusion
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Go in, ask the chef, get something dazzlingly exotic - from sour beer to Brazilian fusion and burgers in between - and cuddle up by the little gas fireplace. Oh, and definitely sample the salted pork - a Latin delicacy.

1  Thank Holly H

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The burgers, the yucca fries, which are so different and yet so tasty, are a must try for anyone who is in the area.

2  Thank VanValGal
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stopped here on a driving trip. Just wanted coffee and a bite, and saw a sign advertising fresh-made cobbler. The place looked like a normal tourist quick-stop from outside and inside, but the food was amazing. The cobbler reminded me of my grandmother's: rich, hot, melt-in-your mouth. The coffee was strong and black and not tourist-thin. The chef/owner came out to introduce himself, and it turns out he's from Brazil, a true gourmet who has owned restaurants in multiple countries. Because it was just a quick stop, we didn't order a meal, but we took a menu and we plan to return. We've never seen Brazilian food on a menu in a place like this! The couple across from us scraped their plates clean. Stop if you can!

4  Thank travelingfool55
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was surprised to find a Brazilian gourmet chef in the Glacier wilderness. Unique wine list. Pleasant team. Try it

5  Thank TourDeSuisseKen
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here just for a bite to eat before the drive to Artist Point at Mount Baker. My husband wasn't hungry because he had had a late breakfast.

I ordered a chicken BLT with cactus fries. Both were very good. I usually don't order fries but this was something I'd never seen on a menu before. They were very tasty. The sandwich came on a Macrina bakery bun all the way from Seattle. The owner knows where to get the finest ingredients.

I tried there strawberry raspberry cobbler topped with whipped cream. It was also very good.

My husband paid the bill at the counter and noticed a beautiful chocolate orange cake. It looked so good that he vowed we'd come back for it on the way home. It didn't disappoint. It was moist, very flavorful of orange without being too sweet and chocolate frosting that was definitely home-made. The owner makes all of the desserts too.
The waitress was very attentive and friendly.

There aren't many restaurants on the road to Mount Baker. We'd advise if you are hungry, pass up the Subway shop and stop at the Maple Falls Cafe. We plan to go back.

4  Thank Rhensrude