“Uneven, but good overall”

Winemakers Grill at Wapato Point Cellars
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Manson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our first dinner here had mixed reviews, but we returned for a second night and enjoyed everything. The atmosphere is nice, and it's very convenient if you're staying in Manson.

The first night, I ordered a steak salad, medium rare. It arrived a solid medium, and the advertised "caramelized onions" were a pile of limp white onions that had been lightly sautéed but nowhere near caramelized. It was still tasty despite the poor execution, which is good because our waitress never came back to check nor even ask how our meals were when she cleared the table. My husband's prawn dish was more successful. Dessert was disappointing - the chocolate toffee mousse & Kahlua pie sounded decadent, but looked and tasted like a mass-produced commercial frozen dessert. We left half of it uneaten, which is unusual!

On our return visit, I ordered the beef skewers "rare" and they were nicely done, medium-rare :-). Lamb chops were good as well, as were the very fresh salads and warm bread. This time we opted for crème brulee and it was a bit runny but delicious.

1  Thank Seattle98101

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was my first time to Winemakers Grill. The service was that of a REALLY nice restaurant. They have younger staff with the best manners and service I have seen in a long time. We did the early dinner (Mon-Thur 5-6pm) It was very good for for a very good price. Wapato Point Cellars also carries very good wine. The decor was simple and beautiful and they had quiet live music. Very romantic place. I went with a girlfriend but highly recommend this place for a fun date night.
I just have rave one more time about how AMAZING the service was. The manager/owner even checked on everyone to insure a great experience.

Very very good experience!

1  Thank akspeller
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A group of seven of us had a wonderful Valentine evening in the ambience of the Wapato Cellars dining room. Service was good in spite of the full house, all of the food was excellent and attractively presented, and we accompanied our entrees with the superb Wapato Cellars wines. There were roses for the ladies, a small, but nicely varied menu, and live background music that still enabled pleasant conversation. We felt welcome and unhurried, even though the restaurant was busy.

2  Thank bluelakelady
Reviewed January 11, 2013

An incredible assortment of well-prepared menu items in a slightly formal family atmosphere. We've been here many times and have yet to be disappointed.

2  Thank Ray D
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We are staying at Wapato Point for the first time. I bid on a condo stay a year ago at an auction. I didn't check Trip Advisor before visiting this restaurant. We just checked in and decided to use the complimentary wine tasting certificate and then have a light dinner.

I was very pleasantly surprised. We had two servers. The first woman showed us to our table, brought the menus and asked if we'd like water or sparkling water. That was a first for me at any restaurant. I love sparkling water. I've always had to order it from the menu.

I ordered the Winemaker's salad with chicken. It was a large portion with a generous serving of grilled chicken. My husband had the pilaf with prawns. His dinner came with an ample side salad. Everything was very fresh and nicely presented. The bread was very good.

I liked the Harmony white wine from the tasting room. We ordered a bottle and took the remainder with us.

Although we were full, we couldn't pass up dessert. My husband had some kind of chocolate torte that he liked so much I didn't get a taste. I had a pumpkin cranberry cake. Again, portions were generous. The cream cheese cranberry frosting tasted like a cranberry bliss bar you can get during the holidays at Starbuck's.

We were very pleased with the service, the decor, and especially the food at this restaurant. It was not busy on a Thursday night in November. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. This is only our second trip to Lake Chelan. This restaurant provides another reason to return in other seasons.