“Better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manson
Marysville, Washington
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Having been to Wapato Point more times than I can count, this was my first time staying at this place. I hadn't paid much attention to it before staying here.

Lake Chelan is expensive in the summer. Taking into account that I think things are overpriced here in the summer, this was a good deal. We made reservations earlier in the year. We stopped by in the Spring to check out our room.

Upon check-in the room was as nice as we had remembered. We had a room with an additional bedroom. A big negative was not having air conditioning for that room in the August heat. We had to leave the bedroom door open to the rest of the motel room to suck some of the air conditioned air into the bedroom.

Bathroom: The towels are better than average. The shower has good waterflow and was instantly hot, or just about instantly hot.

Lighting: Not a big fan of the low lights. If the window shades are open, there was enough light to read at the table. The only decent lights in the place are outside the bathroom and inside the bathroom. This made reading inside difficult. Especially since we didn't want to open the shades in the bedroom to let in more heat.

Kitchenette: The kitchenette had a small fridge, sink and microwave. The cupboards were well stocked with paper towels, silverware, plates, cups, etc. Good job on providing ample supplies.

In the summer they don't provide breakfast, but each morning they had coffee, good (I am assuming homemade) chocolate chip cookies, and apples.

We didn't use the pool or hot tub much, but they are there. They have a nice covered area for barbecue grilling.

Staff is very friendly.

I would recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank western u

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dutton, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Quite simply a all round great place. BBQ's and pool are great!! It was quite loud at the pool with lots of kids splashing and having fun. But thats what kids do right? Office personnel were great and I would love to go back another visit in the area! Good job!!

Monroe, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We recently stayed here for 4 days/3 nights. It was a nice hotel and close to many things to do in the town of Manson, including the farmers market. The amenities are great as we were able to use the BBQ for dinner a few nights. The children loved the pool and the volleyball net. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that since we were staying on a Sunday night, our room included tickets to the summer concert that was located right next to the hotel. We got to listen to two wonderful country musicians/groups and my children really enjoyed the experience. The staff was very nice and hlepful. The room was clean and had a mini fridge, which was nice. The shower head was a little low on water pressure, but I've come to expect that on second floor rooms. The TV has a large number of channels, including cartoons, which is rare for hotels, but greatly appreciated! We will definitely be coming back!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We (wife and 7-year old daughter) stayed during the weekday in late June/early July (peak season). The owners and staff were really friendly and made sure our stay was comfortable.
Positives: clean room, helpful staff, pool, jacuzzi, walking distance to market, restaurants, and Wapato Point. Location ideal for bike rides and access to other nearby destinations.
Negatives: Cars/parking lot and associated noise next to rooms
I've seen the name "resort" used in the name (i.e., Mountain View Lodge and Resort). This is a little misleading as it truly is a Motor Lodge. You pull your car right in front or below your room. To access BBQ or pool area, most room occupants must cross the parking lot (not ideal with little kids). I put poor on value, because I felt $175/night is steep considering the amenities. That is, the room was clean, but simple and average. The grounds are not large (no restaurant or fitness room), but Manson and Lake Chelan rental market is very expensive Memorial to Labor Day. So, this is probably the going rate, but felt a little pricey. I'm sure rates are significantly lower in off-season.

Room Tip: Second floor has better view of the mountains.
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, May 5, 2015
Hello BudgetFreak and thank you for providing a review for us. We appreciate both your positive and negative comments! I'm sorry it's taken so long to reply to you.

As I pondered your negative comments (great opportunity to look at potential improvements), I was driven to the "dictionary" to make sure I felt good about using the word Resort. Although you are correct in your analogy of "Motor Lodge," I still feel resort applies to us as well. We have worked very hard every year since 2007 to put our guests money back into the property and have made incredible improvements to both the rooms and the grounds. We are very proud of pool and hot tub area, our Pavilion with amazing (and unique!) outdoor kitchen and fire pit, our new Family Room with all its amenities and the 2008 room renovation - and the 2015 upstairs renovation that was just completed last week (you should see it!). The addition of continental breakfast in the off-season, and our new room service menu (delivery to your room OR out by the pool/pavilion year 'round!) and the close proximity of wineries, restaurants and other activities contribute to the value of the room.

And, you are correct; the room rates do vary considerably during the seasons. Being a seasonal destination resort community without a through-road makes this very important to our survival. All in all, we feel that we are the best value for your money in the Lake Chelan area and truly hope you come see us again. Maybe try the beautiful spring or fall. Winter is amazing here, as well. We will look forward to seeing you! :o)
Cle Elum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were in Manson and stayed at the Mountain View Lodge the night before we performed for the summer series concerts that are held right next door to the lodge. The facility was wonderful, the rooms were neat and tidy, the staff was accommodating and gracious. And ..... all the hotel guests got a free ticket to the acoustic folk concert. Jerry and Kim know how to run a first rate place. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Get a room on the second story. Better view of the lake and mountains!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KidCleElum
Kim U, Owner at Mountain View Lodge & Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Hi KidCleElum! Thanks for the "thumbs up!" It's all of our really wonderful guests, who become part of our family, just like you, that make it simply a pleasure to share our home!!! We hope to see you again this coming summer. :o)
Soap Lake, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

When I first arrived in Manson, Washington, located just a few blocks away from the Chelan Lake, and had checked in but not taken my things to my room, a lady approached my car and asked if she could help me carry anything to my room. Turns out it was the owner, Kim Ustaken, with a cheerful offer to help this 70 year old man as her way of making me feel welcome! Kim is a pleasant, delightful and eternally cheerful lady. I declined her offer but was very impressed with her focus (and that of the staff) on customer service during my two day stay. The room was immaculate and well furnished with refrigerator, microwave oven, phone, TV, iron and ironing board. The usual bed and table were present and I like the way the heater/ air conditioner was located so as to avoid blowing right on the bed or TV area. There is an outdoor swimming pool and covered Barbeque area. The view of the mountains that surround this north-central resort town is breathtaking. The morning continental breakfast only consists of coffee, apples and cookies, but two restaurants and a Super market are just up the road.
What was most impressive to me was the cheerful and friendly attitudes of the owner and her staff. I will definitely plan to go back to the Mountain view Lodge & Resort in Manson, Washington next time business or pleasure takes me anywhere nearby.
Most gratefully,
Pastor Joseph Meyers

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room so as to have a better view of the mountains and surrounding area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank PastorJoseph-777
Oh, it was such a pleasure to have you here, Pastor Joseph! Please come see us again; you'll always be part of the MVL Family!!!
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

very friendly and painless check-in. A very clean and well ran motel with a great continental breakfast across the street. We stayed in a family suite and it was very spacious. This place had a great hot tub and pool! Very quite location and easy to find. We got a bargain off season deal but probably would not stay at full season rates (about double).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hi Alan T! Thanks for the kind review. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and would welcome your reply as to what would make our summer season a better value for you. We are always working on improvements and truly care about our guests needs and ideas!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manson
Deep Water Inn
Lake Pateros Inn
Lake Pateros Inn
#2 of 2 in Pateros
4.0 of 5 stars 25 reviews

Been to Mountain View Lodge & Resort? Share your experiences!