“Average hotel--there are better ones for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Lynnwood

La Quinta Inn Lynnwood
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Vancouver, Canada
“Average hotel--there are better ones for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This used to be our go-to hotel in Lynnwood, but we found one we like much better.
This hotel needs a fresh coat of bright paint--the hallways are depressing, the rooms are dark, dingy and don't feel particularly clean. But they are pet friendly, which is good, so when I travel with my dog, I will probably stay here.
The wifi was awful, and when we called down to the front desk to find out why, the girl said "I'll reset the router", which didn't do anything. It was very frustrating.
The breakfast was ok--waffles, fruit, yogurt. I could have done without all the screaming kids everywhere, but maybe that was just the time I stayed.....
It's nice that the hotel is walking distance to the Grocery Outlet to pick up some snacks and wine for the room....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sayla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel had a great staff and accommodations that met our family's exceptions and more. It was nice pet friendly hotel. . :( It was nice not to pay a arm and a leg for our small dog. The only downfall was the hot tub not working but I would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was our first experience staying La Quinta and I must say I was disappointed. First we waited 2 1/2 ours to check in ( check in time was 3 pm and we couldn't check in until 5:30 pm). We were told there was Wifi, but I couldn't get a signal (5% strength). The beds were hard and uncomfortable.

The positive was the breakfast. There was plenty of food and the selection was okay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ross S
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is my second stay at this La Quinta Inn though the first one was already few years ago. No matter in terms of location, cleanliness, staff services, convenience to shopping, restaurants and gas stations are all upto their chain standard - good value for money. As their loyal customer, I got my points accumulated in my account for future free stay (My declaration!). Both check in and out are very convenient. If you insist me to make neagtive comments on the hotel, perhaps, this hotel lack of microwave oven in the room (other LQ inns do have). Oh, almost forget, their comlimentary free breakfast includes Nissan instant noodle on top of the traditional boiled eggs (served in cold), DIY waffles, cereals, bread, sliced cakes, fruit as well as yuoget.

Room Tip: Breakfast time may be busy between 8:00 - 9:00 a.m, but they will open the conference room to accomm...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We live in North Seattle and stayed here for 2 nights during our remodel. I was very pleased with our stay and would recommend to anyone visiting the area or like us needing a place to stay during a remodel. It has convenient access to I-5 which made it easy for us to get to work and school in Seattle. All the staff were friendly and accommodating of our two cats. I stayed with my husband and two young kids. The room and bathroom was clean, and beds were comfy. We stayed in a "pet" room on the second floor and it only had a faint pet odor. We kept a small litter box in the bathroom for our cats. Our cats were fine to roam our room when we left during the day and I contained them when housekeeping cleaned our room. The breakfast was good, popular, and frequently refilled. I would have given the hotel a 5 star rating if the indoor heated pool was open that our kids were looking forward to. The pool was closed during our stay due to a part that needed to be replaced. The hotel was quiet and didn't seem full except at breakfast time.

Room Tip: If you're travelling with cats, ask for a quiet room on second floor on end of hall away from el...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Because I often have pets with me, I am a frequent guest at La Quinta. This time I am staying because I am having some major work done at my house and my cats and I needed to vacate the premises. There are (generally) two kinds of La Quintas - the ones that are quite nice and the ones that are old and run-down. This one is somewhere in between. The building is not exactly new but in general it seems to be clean and fairly well maintained. The room is comfortable except for a faulty faucet in the bathtub that really needs to be replaced. The location is convenient for my purposes. Other than the faucet issue, my primary gripe is that when I checked in, the (orherwise very nice) desk clerk gave me just a wee bit of grief about my cats, telling me that they had to be caged while I was at work during the day -- which is completely unacceptable. It took a phone call to the manager to resolve the problem, but in the end I prevailed. My overall assessment is that is neither the best nor the worst La Quinta I have ever stayed in; this one is okay. And to be fair I deeply appreciate the fact that La Quintas are pet-friendly.
That earns them points in my book every time.

• Stayed March 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

A great value and excellent service. The location is perfect with everything you need close by. What else can you ask for except for the yummy breakfast. Have been staying here for years and would not consider any place else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family