La Quinta Inn Lynnwood
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Rodeo Inn(Lynnwood)
View Hotel
All reviewswafflessausageroom was cleanhot tubfree breakfastalderwood mallthe breakfast areafront desk staffindoor pooldowntown seattlehotel staffcoffee makergreat breakfastgreat place to stayconvenient locationparking lotshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were there for a quick overnight stay. We reserved using points+cash as we were having a hard time finding a thrifty option, even via priceline and hotwire.

We arrived at the hotel late on a Saturday night (2 am) and checked out around 10 AM.

The room: Clean with some nice updates. In doing our habitual bedbug inspection (negative!) I did notice some minor dust bunnies near the wall under the headboard, but for most areas the rooms was clean. There were two queen beds and desk with a large comfortable desk chair, and included free internet. The bathroom was clean and the grout looked fresh and well maintained (one of my pet peeves is gross grout) They had one of the curved shower rods that provided a good amount of elbow room. I also apprciated the sink outside of the bathroom door, since it really helps the efficiency of two people getting ready at the same time. The room also had a mini-fridge and coffee maker.

The breakfast had lots of options though being carb-heavy other than the hard boiled eggs. The staffer did a great job keeping the area clean and well stocked.

The cons: While the linens were really good (soft!!) the mattress was old, and had some angles and dips. Since we were there for just 8 hours mostly to sleep, that was a disappointment. Really could use a new mattress in 316! Also, they have a very odd light/vent control for the bathroom that you have to select a time period. If you do not, it defaults to the last selected. Consequently I had the lights go out on my in the shower, and the controls are OUTSIDE the bathroom door. Frustrating. Finally, they have a metal programmable key rather than a key card, and they only had one left. Also, the curtains are not black out style, and you are on the sunrise side your room may bet fairly light.

One last thing that could be good or bad depending on you: this hotel has LOTS of dogs staying! I saw at least 6 in the half hour I was down in the breakfast room between 9-9:30.

So, for a short stop and comparative value it was still overall a very good stay with the one large exception of the mattress and a few minor issues.

Room Tip: If you have any allergies to dogs, make sure you ask if the room you are assigned allows pets.
Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Coreenkay
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was our second time staying in Lynnwood while visiting the Seattle area. We were going to stay at the Holiday Inn Express because we had stayed there before and enjoyed it, but we had read a review on tripadvisor of someone who had stayed at both hotels and stated that they were comparable with the bonus of La Quinta being about $30-$40 a night cheaper. Yes I agree, these 2 hotels are comparable, the La Quinta is not quite as modern as the Holiday Inn, but it's still a nice, decent and clean hotel.

We stayed in a standard 2 queen room and it was equipped with a mini fridge and the sink area was outside the main bathroom. There was also free wifi which we also appreciate and a business area in the lobby, but I'm unsure if this was free or not. Being a family of four we usually try to find hotels that have at minimum a free continental breakfast, but try to aim for a free hot breakfast and this hotel had a decent one. They served pastries, bread, hot & cold cereals, sliced oranges, waffles, hard boiled eggs, cup of noodles and assorted hot & cold beverages.

The only problem we did encounter at this hotel was with the pool/hot tub. Although it was aesthetically pleasing and the water was a good temperature I had noticed after swimming the second day my legs were itchy. ( I had spent 1.5 - 2 hours the first 2 evenings back and forth between the pool & hot tub) I thought my skin was being sensitive, but on the third night my boys legs were very itchy too, so much so that my 7 year old son needed to keep a cool cloth on his legs for some relief. I think apart of the reason is that there isn't a shower area down in the pool room so we had to shower when we went back to our room so the chemicals sat on our skin for awhile, and this was also part of the problem. I think they need to check the chemical levels in their pools because we have never reacted this way before. We've been on extended vacations where we swam in pools everyday. We stayed at La Quinta at the end of March and almost a month later you can still the rash on my shins.

Upon checking out I informed the front desk staff of the situation and she was genuinely concerned and apologetic, which was nice to hear and because of this I told her to be sure and pass along the message that they should check the chemical levels in their pool/hot tub. A couple of weeks after arriving back home I did send an email to La Quinta Inn to follow up and ask if anything had been done and I'm disappointed that to this day I've had no response at all. Other than the rash and itchy legs, we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tanya S
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great value for this hotel. Rooms were clean and spacious and nice bedding. Free breakfast as well as pool and exercise room. Never made it down to the pool though. Friendly staff. Easy to find and close to the I5. Will stay again if in the area

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mspippy64
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We booked a deal here on-line for an overnighter to go shopping. The hotel was easy to get to, was close to the Alderwood Mall and had good access to I5 to go to Northgate or right into Seattle. Coming from Vancouver area we had stopped at the Seattle Premium Outlets on our way south. The hotel and our room we clean, quiet and had plenty of room (king bed, full sized desk, seating area). Internet was free as was breakfast (although spartan) and parking. Overall a great place to stay for the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cam_and_Laura
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Wow what a surprise. Never stayed at La Quinta and must say it's okay. Pet Friendly with no odor (big surprise) and bonus no charge. Hot Breakfast is a plus for something quick. The rooms are a little older from style point but it was clean. Check in fast/ check out. Great location to Restaurants and Shopping. Quite area no complaints.
Will return. Value of hotel was great Great Job, will be checking out more La Quintas for stay overs

• Stayed: March 2012