“super tasty, nice atmosphere, great friendly staff”
Review of Ixtapa Restaurant.

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ixtapa Restaurant.
Ranked #113 of 286 Restaurants in Lynnwood
Cuisines: Mexican
Edmonds
“super tasty, nice atmosphere, great friendly staff”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

It's new years eve and we have nothing to do... so decided to go get some mexican food at the local Ixtapa. My first impression, nice atmosphere, was greeted with a smile and led to a comfy booth. The friendly staff was very attentive and courteous. I ordered the Fajita burrito with chicken and it was delicioso! The red sauce was awesome, it was very cheesy and the chicken and veggies were cooked to perfection! My husband ordered a grande margarita, again Yummy!
We will definately be coming back soon!

lynnwood
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Nieghborhood Restaurant”
Reviewed October 29, 2009

We've been eating here since it opened. The staff is excellent. They call us by name and have always treated us like family. My favorite is the tortilla soup - I swear that it is the best I've ever had. My husband prefers the carne asada. We eat here regularly and take out often too. 5 stars!!

Seattle
“Worst Service, Small Portion Size, & Pricey”
Reviewed October 17, 2009

The service was very slow, food was okay but small portion size for what they charge. When asked for couple of extra tortilla for my meal they charge extra $1.50 for two torilla flour.

Lynnwood, Washington
“The problem child in Ixtapa's family???”
Reviewed September 10, 2007

It was my birthday, I had a hankering for Mexican...

Having enjoyed wonderful meals with friendly service at the Carnation and Duvall branches of this restaurant, we were delighted when they opened a branch In Lynnwood, closer to home. We gave it a few months after its opening before we tried it, only to ask ourselves: Could this REALLY be part of the same restaurant chain???

We visited the restaurant for an early (5:45 p.m.) dinner on a warm summer day. There was only one table occupied, nobody at the bar, and no servers in sight. After waiting for about five minutes, a server (midlife male) did appear and seat us. There was no welcoming smile, and I in particular got the feeling we were imposing. We ordered drinks and guacamole, and he brought a basket of tortilla chips and pico de gallo.

After we each took our first bite of a chip, we just looked at each other in disbelief -- the chips weren't fresh, and had that "old" taste, probably having been in a warmer since the lunch service. We couldn't believe it! How hard can it be to cook a fresh batch of chips? We also felt the pico de gallo was way too spicy compared to the other branches. The guacamole was good, the drinks were fine (margarita and a Negro Modelo -- can't mess that up).

The server disappeared for awhile again before he took our orders, and again, he just went through the motions. We tried to justify this behavior - tired, something going on in his life - but we did notice he perked up considerably when he seated a table of regulars later on.

We both ordered the special, a 3-enchilada plate with chipotle sauce. They got one of my enchiladas wrong, but it was a substitution I could live with -- and by that time we pretty much wanted to finish and leave. The entrees were average, although the chipotle sauce was good.

The server never checked in with us or asked if we wanted another beverage. However, the busboy was very friendly and attentive and kept our water glasses filled. I'd promote him to server!

By the time we left, there were still only two other tables being served -- not a good sign, we felt.

All in all, this was a very disappointing meal at what we'd hoped would be a warm and welcoming place. (I'm also demanding a do-over, someplace else, for my birthday!)

5 Thank serenasea