Susumu has always been a family favorite for birthdays. However, our visits in the past year have lead us to make another choice of restaurants. Last weeks visit consisted of
1. Waiting at the entrance for over 10 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge us.
2. Telling them how many were in our party and the hostess disappeared for another 10 minutes not telling us how long of a wait.
3. We chose to sit in the bar since the waiting area was full. No bartender or server at all in the bar.
4. Finally seated at the table which seats 8. There were already 6 there so they placed us around the side and into an area of the table that had a supply of napkins, etc, stacked up.
5. This restaurant is usually on the chilly side all the time, but tonight was extremely cold and everyone at the table was complaining about trying to stay warm.
6.. It took over 1 hour from the time of seating to start receiving our food. The chef was new and the food was underseasoned. Rice was bland, veggies were lacking flavor and the shrimp appetiser that everyone gets was boring. They always give diners 2 cups of sauces for the veggies and meats to spice up the flavor, which was missing for everyone. The grill went off constantly and the chef had to apologize for the "bad equipment" as he put it.
7. During the dinner there were no servers attending to our table. Water glasses were empty and several at our table wanted additional beverages. We finally had to get up and ask a server to tend to our table, since the chef was busy.
8. After 2 hrs and 15 minutes the meal was finally over.
We will never return, unfortunately, since this used to be a great place to bring friends and family.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.