“What happened?”

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This used to be our favorite place but after TONIGHT, WE WILL NOT BE BACK! We waited over 45 minutes to eat and when our cook came out, the grill wasn't even on! Another 10 minutes? What? Our waitress saw us twice, while we had no drinks? And then their sauces tasted terrible, unlike anything we had before. We asked for boxes, disgusted with our service. We payed begrudgingly...after explaining how upset we were, they offered no discount just an apology. We will NEVER BE BACK! And just a tip to the owners...if your customers are leaving as soon as the food was on the plate,something's wrong! Plus, we customers complain, this is your chance for retribution not apologies.

There are newer reviews for Susumu Japanese Steakhouse

Reviewed August 6, 2012

they cook the food right in front of you with much flair and showmanship! Fun to watch, and participate. Food quality depends on what ingredients you ordered. The fried rice was very good!

1  Thank travelbugberni
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Went to Susumu on date night with my wife on the recommendation of a co-worker. We were forewarned that the exterior and location were not fantastic but it was worth it. They were right on all accounts. The restaurant is attached to a hotel that does not appear to be very upscale and the location is across the street from a Big Lots that pretty well sums up the location.

Inside we were seated pretty quickly and waited a bit to have our orders taken, presumably to allow for more people to arrive to fill up the shared seating. Once more people came and our chef came out the show began. There was a small child sitting at our group and he made sure to involve her as well as everyone else and the experience was fun. There was a flaming onion and eggs jumping in the air in addition to clinking of knives and such. The food was great I had the spicy chicken which had the option of spicy 1-5, I went for 5 and it had a good flavor but not burning spicy. I should note however I have a high tolerance/expectation for spicy and not very many things actually qualify as spicy in my opinion everyone has a different take on that. In addition to your main food you get a good helping of fried rice, shrimp (i did not eat - not a seafood person) vegetables, salad and soup. You will NOT leave here hungry. For the two of us each ordering an entree and a soda the bill was 40$ and we of course tipped the chef for such a good show. Definitely a fun experience and would do it again, my only complaint was not realizing how long we would be there because of waiting for others to sit at the table and as a result we missed our movie and date night ended with just a meal.

Would absolutely go again just plan for a much longer meal!

Reviewed December 3, 2010

Hands down this is one of the best restaurants around. We are never disappointed when we go there. The food is great and while a pricier dinner it is well worth it! You get soup, salad, appetizer, main dish, veggies AND fried rice. Fried rice is extra at Benihana. On top of all of that the tables are much roomier and I am not afraid of burning myself on the table top or that I will spill something on my neighbor because you are jam packed at the table . You don't have to hassle with driving downtown or finding a parking place and best of all parking is FREE.

Reviewed March 7, 2010

I've been a long time customer of this restaurant. It is excellent. The food is fresh, the place is clean and the food delicious. My favorite is sashimi plates. Also spicy tuna. Oyster shooter is wonderful. Great place to eat sushi, sashimi or steak.