“Relaxing and rejuvenating”

Olympus Spa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I think the previous commenter got Olympus Spa mixed up with Bella Luna Spa. The Olympus Spa is located at 196th Street Southwest, charges $35 for admission and is women spa only; whereas Bella Luna is on highway 99, charges $20 admission, and is a co-ed spa.

I took my mom for a mother-daughter spa day. They have 7 heated or meditation rooms, 1 dry sauna, 1 steam sauna and 4 varying temperature pools. If you want to take the full advantage of all their facilities, you best stay there for at least 6 hours. I was there only for 3 hours so I only got to use their pools and saunas. If I had came back on the same day before midnight, I could just pay for $15 re-admission fee but I did not.

The basic Korean spa etiquette are:
1. Wear a provided cap over your hair at all times while in the spa. This is how they keep their facility free of hair.
2. Take a shower and wash yourself squeaky clean, then splash mugwort water all over your body to get used to the warm temperature before your jump into their hot pools.
3. Train your body to get used to the hot temperature of the pools by gradually getting into the pools from 97 degrees to 107 degrees.
4. Whenever you feel you cannot take the hot temperature any more, after soaking in for more than 10 minutes, get up and switch to 60 or 90 degree pool. Remember to splash some warm mugwort water before switching pools. This process helps remove whatever toxins coming for the body.
5. Don't forget to enjoy the dry and steamed sauna. Again, always shower or splash mugwort water before entering or existing the saunas.
6. When you are done with spa pampering, give yourself another good shower. Wash yourself squeaky clean again with scrubbing mats using the facility's liquid body soap. Then apply your favorite home brought facial and body moisturizer and you will walk out feeling like a new born.

Tips:
1. Bring a water bottle to refill water at the provided fountains. Drink at least 2 cups of water before entering the hot pools and saunas. The high temperature will dehydrate you fast.

2. If you are hungry, you can dine at the facility for some nice Korean authentic food. I don't recommend going to the pools with a full stomach though.

3. The facility offers drop-in scrubbing service that you can book at the front desk. If you are like me and prefer to save some money, then I recommend you just bring or buy your own scrubbing mittens, scrub your skin hard for a good few minutes, get your buddy to help you with your back, then rinse and jump into the hot pool. After over 40 minutes of playing at the hot pool and sauna, repeat another scrubbing and rinsing shower, followed by moisturizer application on the face and body and you would ultimately achieve the same baby soft skin result as if you were to get from the facility's service. Best of all, you save yourself $$$.

4. Don't forget to get a stamp for each visit. After collecting 9 stamps, you get 1 free spa entry.

5  Thank damevenus

Reviewed August 6, 2012

the scrub is more than worth it! express facials are decent - although they will try to sell you many products. do not bother with the pedicure.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I spent a glorious 8 hours here last week. I'm all for spas in general, but having lived in Japan for 2 years, really appreciate the Asian spa experience. It is all female, and be warned, bathing suits are not allowed. This is standard for Asian spas, but you do get a bathrobe and cotton hair cap to wear around. The various heat energy rooms are somewhere between nice and fabulous, depending on how warm you like the temp and how soft you like the floor. I could have kept just going in and out of the sand room all day. The floor is sand covered in a canvas, so it's the warm, body conturing feel of the beach, without the grit. Soft wave sounds play in the background. Heavenly! The pool area has 4 different temp soaking pools, a dry, and a wet sauna. This is where you have to leave your bathrobe behind. I was used to this (from Japan), the friend with me, not so much. What she discovered, and what I knew from prior experience, is that we are all a bit saggy, lumpy, etc, and no one looks like a super model. It is oddly liberating. The restaurant was very good, with lots of tasty Korean food choices. The ladies running the spa also take the experience very seriously - there are ladies that walk around holding cards with the universal finger-in-front-of-lips quiet sign, and there are rules/recommendations for what you should do before or after particular treatments. For instance, my friend had a body scrub and they want you to soak for 30 minutes prior. To enforce this, they come collect you out of the soaking pool instead of the sitting area. I liked that they had put thought into how to maximize the benefit of the treatments, and that they want the experience as a whole to be relaxing. I've been stuck in a sauna one too many times with loudly drunk women not to appreciate enforced quietude. You can talk with your friends, but not loudly. I would definitely recommend the spa and would love to go again when I'm in the area.

1  Thank Lojeslj
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Plan at least 4 hours; I had a Korean scrub; enjoyed all the hot rooms and the pools. Lunch was a special treat.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is one my my favorite places in the world. It is so calm and relaxing. The quiet rooms offer a restfull place to lef your body warm up against the variety of sand and salt under the covering. Better than the beach because you don't get sand in all of those places:):):. The water area is intimidating to many because you must shed your fluffy spa robe and use all of the hot tubs and saunas while naked. A t first the idea horrified me. but as a person who enjoys clothes, I was VERy surprised that within minutes it was not a big deal.Evey body type and age you can imagine. There are 3 hot tubs of varying temperatures and a wonderful waterfall with a cold tub. There are additional services that area not included in the $35 daily fee. You MUST try a body scrub. If you have never had a small Korean woman scrub you from head to toe for 45minutes you have never had a scrub. They use basins of warm water to rinse you between the "laps" they make around the table scrubbing every dead skin cell. Trust me, they don't miss one. For days afterwards I just marvel at how soft and fresh my skin is. All of the skin treatments are heavenly. The facial was incredible. I spend hours there before vacation and on my birthday. It is thebest present I ever gave myself!!

3  Thank kidzRNSeattle

Been to Olympus Spa? Share your experiences!