“Expected something different”

Indigo Kitchen & Ale House
Ranked #4 of 292 Restaurants in Lynnwood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Friendly and inviting staff. Neighborhood restaurant and bar. Scratch kitchen. Intimate and casual atmosphere.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We wanted a light supper so in fairness to Indigo, this review is based only on salads and drinks. The service was very pleasant and efficient. The chop chop salad with steak was well prepared, but I may have been expecting a more gourmet menu and look to the restaurant. It was a pleasingly enough pub but it felt like a family restaurant. Would I eat there again? Sure, but we might try something else in the Lynnwood area depending on our mood and appetite.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We have been here a few diffrent times for Lunch and Dinner. It's always 5 stars! Drinks are always full and you know what to expect when your food comes. I love the meatloaf and the fried Chicken is good too!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I'd rate this 3.5 stars. It is located inside a crowded community mall that is anchored by a Fred Meyer, and parking can be a bit challenging. Once inside, you'll find a dark restaurant with open seating, more appealing for the younger adult. Large televisions were up high at one end of the restaurant, I believe behind a bar, though it was dark. Music played, somewhat sounding like a band was recorded. Service was very good and friendly, whether it be our designated wait staff person or others who were called to help out (when we couldn't spot our person). As for the food, with sandwiches and burgers, one gets a choice of add-ons, one being a Wedge salad that wasn't on the list of potential add-ons (but since other salads were, I asked, and they had provision to add this one on). The salad was large, the sandwich modest - a hamburger-type bun with an average amount of meat and, to my taste, not enough sauce, only just enough to know there was sauce. As noted, the staff were all responsive, all on the same page/team, and our bill was settled in an expeditious manner, our server even willingly offered to split our bill when we asked.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went for brunch - interesting menu with lots of options. The wait staff was very attentive and the food was good. They have menu choices that range from waffles to crawfish cake benedict - so there's something for everyone. My friend raved about the spicy bloody mary she ordered - I stuck with coffee which was served in generous sized mugs. I'd go back again to see the rest of the menu. A good option for brunch in the Lynnwood area.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We received a gift certificate for the restaurant and decided to sit in the bar for dinner. The food was excellent and they had approximately 15 beers on tap. The server and bartender was very informative about the beers. We have eaten there twice and carried out food both times, which most people seem to do - the portions are large.

Been to Indigo Kitchen & Ale House? Share your experiences!