“worst experience of our lives”

Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Vernon, Canada
“worst experience of our lives”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am a travel agent and firstly I must say this is the first property I have ever stayed at that I have been treated this poorly. Not having a credit card to check in is apparently the biggest crime in the world and this hotel advised me directly that they would rather loose ALL 5 rooms that were booked if I did not provide a credit card. So...we provided a Visa Debit card to them which they CHARGED not authorized as they said, charged our Visa Debit card 1 full nights stay and then proceeded to charge me again upon check out the WHOLE 4 NIGHTS that we stayed as I paid in cash upon check out which they would not take at check in....as to this logic it still amazes and confuses me?????, they would not take off the 1 night that I had already been debited from my account but made me pay the entire 4 night stay in full...so now I have paid for 5 nights..only staying 4! This property advised me that it would take 5-7 business days to have this 'authorization' removed as apparently they do not speak English and understand that this was not a authorization it was a charge...and we are 9 days out and still NO money refunded and they are now playing us saying they did reverse the charge. As per my bank manager today with our Visa Debit card they advised that if they had done the reversal then it would be immediately put back into our account as quickly as it was taken.
DO NOT STAY AT THIS PROPERTY THE STAFF ARE NOT FRIENDLY AND THE HOTEL MANAGER REFUSES TO SPEAK TO US DIRECTLY HAVING HIS STAFF ONLY COMMUMNICATE TO US...THIS IS THE POOREST LEVEL OF SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN MY 10 YEARS IN THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY. HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYING ANYWHERE BUT HERE. THERE ARE MANY PROPERTIES AROUND THIS SAME AREA.

Room Tip: They have air conditioner that kept our friends up most of night. It is located outside the door to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Brian H
Danh T, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review from your recent stay. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was to read of your experience. Please accept my apologies. Your interaction with our staff is most definitely not the kind of service we are striving to achieve. I would welcome an opportunity to express my apologies one on one if you would like.
You may contact me directly at the hotel or via email at Danh.Tran2@Hilton.com.

We look forward to an opportunity serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Delta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Excellent service, great beds, friendly, helpful staff. This is our go to place when travelling in Seattle area - it is very comfortable, quiet and serves a complimentary breakfast that is healthy and filling. Have stayed here three times and will continue to come back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I like the consistency of the Hampton hotels, so I stay at them often, this one exceeded expectations! My family and I stayed here while visiting friends in Seattle for 2 days in July 2013.
The hotel is in a mall/commercial district.
We checked in early at 1 pm with no resistance,when we got into the room, it turned out not to be what we had agreed upon; when brought to the attention of front desk staff, they were quick and courteous and upgraded us for the inconvenience.
The room was clean, large (2 rooms and a massive jacuzzi tub), and well appointed.
The breakfast was great both mornings we were there was great (bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, waffles, etc.).
Whenever we saw staff, they were smiling and helpful!

• Stayed July 2013
Camas, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have never stayed in a Hampton Inn before and on our recent trip, we decided to try the Lynnwood, WA location. I am happy to report that I have NOTHING but POSITIVE things to say! From check in to check out, everyone and everything was great. The free breakfast had more healthy choices than any other free breakfast I've seen. And they offer REAL CREAMER with the coffee and also had excellent tea choices. It was very much appreciated, thank you! We travel this area often, and this is now our #1 hotel choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel more than 80 nights over 20 trips during the past 12 months. The rooms are very spacious -- I typically stay in a suite with a separate living room that includes a full kitchen. I particularly like the beds -- very comfortable with great duvets and pillows.

I wouldn't usually comment on the quality of the television reception, but a number of hotels in the area (particularly the Embassy Suites) have a history of problems with their television reception and channels offered -- hard to remember a hotel I've stayed in that didn't offer PBS or CNN! I've never had a similar problem at this hotel.

The staff here is just lovely. While I don't often take advantage of it, they offer a free beer/wine reception with a light dinner each night! Very unusual amenity for a Hampton Inn. More than adequate breakfast and excellent coffee and tea which is available all day and evening.

Very pleasant lobby area. Great koi fish pond which all of the kids always seem to enjoy.

While I stay here on business, this would be a great choice for a family traveling with children given the very large, reasonably-priced suites.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I wish TripAdvisor’s character limit was greater, so I could fully describe how wonderful this hotel is. But to make my story short--my son and daughter-in-law had ill effects of their chronic health challenges the 1st night of their 2nd honeymoon there. Vaira at the front desk was so incredibly helpful, accommodating, professional, supportive, quick-thinking, and calm with my son and with me (long-distance). She really went above and beyond what I could ever hope to expect from a hotel, and I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Oh … and the hotel is very, very clean and comfortable, amenities are wonderful (fridge in room), has a great location and a free shuttle to stores in the area. We’ve been going there for over 5 years of special in-town vacations (my son LOVES the “Jacuzzi rooms”). We will definitely return (probably when I’m on-site to help “the kids” a bit,

Room Tip: The rooms with the jacuzzis are a special treat!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights while we visited Seattle, and this hotel was a good choice. We stayed in a suite with a separate bedroom and a kitchenette, so I can't speak as to the quality of the regular rooms. The suite was very spacious, very comfortable, and just what we were looking for. The only negative thing I can say about it was that our view wasn't the best--but it wasn't the worst, either. It was a view of the adjacent Nordstrom Rack and parking lot, but it did also have a view of Mt. Rainier for the few hours of our stay that the clouds permitted that view.

This hotel is located very close to a Barnes & Noble bookstore and to a Whole Foods Market. If cooking your own food is important to you (as it is to us because a couple of us have celiac disease and most cook our own food), a suite at this hotel is a good choice. There's also a Starbucks within very easy walking distance, near the Verizon store. Also, there's a great shopping mall just a 2-minute drive from the hotel, which I walked to in about 10 minutes.

The hotel is also well located in relation to Seattle--just enter I-5 and drive south. The freeway entrances and onramps can be a bit confusing at first, but that's a really minor annoyance.

Room Tip: Get an upper room if you want to keep the window open at night for fresh air, rather than being blas...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynnwood
Best Western Alderwood
#4 of 13 in Lynnwood
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,973 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood? Share your experiences!