“Great hotel”

Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed at the hotel as the start of our 3 weeks trip through the northwest of the US. Could not have started better. Very nice hotel with excellent staff. Room was immaculate and breakfast was above average. Had asked for a quiet top floor room and got one, although we arrived after midnight. The kids also loved the pool. Also the free snacks and drinks in the late afternoon were much appreciated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
TimPyle, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

What a great way to start you vacation indeed. We enjoyed having you experience our hotel staff’s customer service, and all our complementary amenities. Thank you for writing about our great housekeeping services and the love of our pool. I will make sure that these comments are pasted on to our whole hotel staff team. I understand you are from Europe, but I sincerely hope that you can come back for another vacation in the wonderful Pacific Northwest. We loved having you stay with us.

Scott Matthews-General Manager Hampton Inn & Suites Lynnwood/Seattle North.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We received a very warm welcome from the smiling manager. Realising we were a little travel weary and without any request he changed our room to a quieter part of the hotel which he thought we would prefer (we did) The beds , as always in Hamptons, were comfortable and the room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was also better than we would normal expect. Full marks to the all staff - well done.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

We love to greet all guests with a smile and a warm welcome-it is was fantastic that you got it from one of our managers (most likely Raja or Danh).Thank you very much for filling out comments on Trip Advisor about our wonderful Hampton Inn & Suites. We are proud of our comfortable beds and spacious clean rooms-and always strive to make it the above the norm. Our breakfast staff are excited to hear that you enjoyed our offerings, and the whole staff are very pleased with your comments of ‘full marks’ rating. We would love for you to come back and visit again-and promise the exact same service, amenities, and smiles.

Scott Matthews-General Manager- Hampton Inn & Suites Lynnwood/Seattle North

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We loved this hotel. We were warmly welcomed and helped by the front desk. When we checked in our room was exceptionally clean. Breakfast is great, it is close to shopping. If you are going into Seattle you have to avoid the rush hour times or it is a long trip that would otherwise take 10 - 15 minutes. Loved the happy hour from 5 - 7 with free drinks and food. Everyone was awesome at this hotel. My only recommendation to the hotel was upon check in it would have been nice to have been informed about the hotel amenities: such as breakfast, happy hour etc. We found the happy hour on our last night by chance. But we loved this hotel and will be back again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
TimPyle, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Fantastic comments about our lovely Hampton Inn & Suites Lynnwood/Seattle North. Thank you very much for your observations of the traffic times into Seattle, and the lack of info at check in about our Happy Hour. I have gone the front desk this morning and let them know to tell all our guests upon check- in about ALL our free amenities: Shuttle within 10 mile radius, Breakfast, Pool and Fitness Facility 24 hours a day-7 days a week, no charge on site washing and drying machine usage, and high speed internet.

They are so great; we want all our guests to know that we have them for their usage. With our concierge service, we want to instruct any guest when they ask about the present traffic flow. Thank you for the advice-we will be sure to have the procedure in place by tomorrow-and your next visit.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is a normal Hampton inn with the usual setup (free parking and complementary breakfast).

It is neighbor to the trafficked main highway going to Seattle so asking for a quiet room is good idea.

The hotel tries a bit harder than your average Hampton and you can expect small events in the evening and an accommodating approach to your requests.

Shopping and food options nearby are quite good, there is a Barnes & Noble with a small café within a short walking distance (few hundred meters) and also a wholesome food super market (another 100 meters).

The Alderwood shopping mall (also at TripAdvisor) is on the other side of the highway (1-2 mins in a car). The mall is ok and has a big cinema next door.

Boeing Factory is 10-15mins away (if going for the tour) and up to 30 minutes to downtown Seattle depending on hour of day (avoid morning/afternoon rush hour).

In my experience it worked out ok and the lower price and free parking made up for the travel distance to seattle. So unless you plan to walk around Seattle for your entire stay, this seems a reasonable choice.

Stayed 2 nights in June 2012

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway or if it does one of those that are screened by the verizon bu...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
TimPyle, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you with staying with us on the 2 nights in June. Your kind comments are very appreciated by the whole staff team at the Hampton Inn & Suites Lynnwood/Seattle North. We really do accommodate the requests of all our guests-I am very happy that you noticed and wrote about it. We are a central property that is close to Seattle and Everett (Boeing Factory), yet we have a major mall and movie house just next door. We hope to see you again soon-and do wish that you will miss the afternoon rush on week days so you can enjoy our 5-7PM manager's reception with complementary beer/wine and snacks.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We've always like Hampton Inn but the ones in the bigger cities are usually out of our price range but we decided to spend a bit more (usually we check out Priceline and take our chances) mainly due to the location. Like all the other reviews mentions, it's right next door to Nordstrom Rack. Across the street with Designer Shoe Warehouse, Old Navy and several other outlet type stores. Made it convenient when hubby and my other son wanted to go back and rest. I also had to return an item a few hours later so it helped that it was so close. Breakfast was more than substantial. Ham or sausages, scrambled eggs (pass on this, tasted like medicine, did not taste at all like egg), yoghourt, several choices of cereal, 2% and skim milk, oatmeal, grits, 3 kinds of juices, fruit, muffins, bread, bagels, waffles. It gets busy on Saturday but they opened up a room in the back for the overflow.
Room had more than enough space for the 4 of us. 2 king beds, an armchair with ottoman and a table for our laptop. Everything was clean. We did not get cookies as described by other reviewers although they had them at the front desk. Wired and wireless connection speeds were fast. Big closet with a safe. Bathroom was brightly lit with all the amenities we needed. Gym was very small with 4-5 machines and it was adequate. No weights or floor space for stretching.
I wouldn't bother taking a shuttle. They offer on 24x7 upon request. We were at Alderwood Mall and my husband went back to the hotel so I figured we would call for shuttle service. They said it would take 10-20 minutes and we would wait in front of PF Chang's. We ended up waiting almost 40 minutes and we found out that it would have only taken us 15 minutes to walk back. We'll know next time. Also, Elevators are a bit slow so take the stairs if convenient.

Altogether I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top (4th) floor. We stayed on the 3rd floor and I could swear that we could h...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
TimPyle, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Great comments about our property and you stay. Thank you very much for the positive reviews, and listing all our amenities and services. I could not have written a better description of all the great stores in our area than you did. Your statement of our scrambled eggs is very valid, and has led me to attempt to change the supplier-will change over the month. We apologize for our shuttle being tardy with your pick up. Everybody enjoys the service, but some guests are not as close as being at PF Chang’s being that we travel in a 10 mile radius 24x7. At busy time our elevators can be slow-but we have two. Most guests think we have one-and that makes the one very busy. Nice observations and statements on our beds, fitness room, and breakfast space-you are right on target.

We look forward to you coming back. Next time we will save some cookies in the back for you-just ask the front desk agents at check-in to hold on to them for you.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor for 8 days in June 2012. The room was very roomy and we really enjoyed having a full kitchen. Bed was very comfortable. The staff were great and all the munchies at happy hour were great. Something different every night such as nachos, soup, salad, plus beer and wine. Breakfast was good too, standard for Hampton Inn but was always hot and plenty of it. My only issues were that we were facing the parking lot for Nordstrom rack and the lights out there were on all night, the bedroom never got really dark even with the curtains closed. Also we were close to the open area right above the common area and some nights people were still down there talking and laughing at midnight and we could hear them from our room. Very easy access to the freeway to get into Seattle and lots of places to shop and eat around the hotel. Would stay there again but would try to get a room away from the parking lot of Nordstrom and maybe on a higher floor to avoid noise from the common area.

Room Tip: If you like a dark room ask for a room away from the shopping area parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Lynnwood/Seattle North. Also thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments on the Trip Advisor. Yes our property is smack dab in the middle of a mall area, and some rooms, like yours, do face one of our popular neighbor Nordstrom Rack. I apologize for the late shoppers making noise, and our black out drapes not working fully- usually always keep out the external lights. When you come back, we will make it a point to put you on a high floor away from the parking lot and our common area. Our managers reception, AKA ‘happy hour’, that you loved is just like our Breakfast: every day of the week. We would love for you to enjoy our amenities and “comfortable bed” without any disruptions.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have planned for my families vacation for a long time to come to lynnwood. We have some family in that area and decided to stay at the Hampton inn because of the amazing comments on trip advisor. When I first called the hotel to book the reservation I was super excited and the person over the phone was amazing she showed great pride and convinced me to stay there. I wrote down her name Sasha. But when I came to the hotel I didn't feel that service at all. I was greeted with a grumpy face n a nasty breat agent Heidi. She looked like she rolled our of her bed n came to work, like she didn't want to help me or my wife. I felt like I was in a 3rd class motel. I asked her if I can check in and i know that i am here a little early she told me that the hotel is busy. I told her that we will wait but can she recommend something for us to do. She handed me a map n pointed me towards the lobby computers and she walked away like I was chop lever. I am not sure if this is her frost job in the hotel and customer service or what but I would not want to have her as my next hotel agent. Not only her service is horobble but her appearance and hygiene is bad. I wouldn't come to this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jassikaur
TimPyle, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received an unacceptable level of service from our front desk agent; this is not the Hampton Inn & Suites norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed the issue with the specific staff member and am confident similar issues will not be a problem in the future. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service that we are accustomed to giving-just like our on property agent who made your reservation. Thank you once again for your comments.

Regards,
Scott Matthews-General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynnwood
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lynnwood Seattle Everett, WA
1 mi away
La Quinta Inn Lynnwood
La Quinta Inn Lynnwood
#5 of 13 in Lynnwood

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood? Share your experiences!