“good place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle North - Lynnwood
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A little hard to find in the dark. Loved how late the pool was open. Breakfast excellent. The needs were very comfortable. The 7-11 nearby was convienent but be careful to check the food first. We found mold.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kyriannsmom
HolidayInnExpres_GM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle North - Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, Lynnwood. I am happy to know the breakfast and pool hours met your needs. I do apologize that you had difficulty finding us. We will be installing more blue lights to make it easier to locate us. Thank you for letting us know about the food at 7-11. I will make sure to look into this and notify their management team. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Asst. General Manager

Please like us on Facebook!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was pleased to discover upon arrival that I was allocated a nice room at the back of the complex on the highest floor. It was nice and quiet, away from the noise of 196th. This was exactly I requested in the reservation special requests section.
Front desk staff were great, everything went well during my stay, and I am very happy with the service and value for money I received at this hotel. Plenty of free parking, free WiFi that worked very well, complimentary hot breakfast. Housekeeping does a good job, we found our room clean and fresh.

The rooms and hotel generally appear a little dated, but I felt they genuinely were trying to deliver the best they can with what they have. The location is fantastic for shopping and restaurants. I found it easier to stay in Lynnwood and drive into Seattle for day trips to visit all the various attractions.

Room Tip: I like the top floor rooms so you don't get people walking above you
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed (family of 3) for just one night on a recent weekend. This property is a modest walk to the Alderwood Mall and has easy access to the I-5 freeway. Overall, the hotel provides everything you'd need for a comfortable stay. This is not a 5 star property - it's a HI Express, but the main test goes to whether we'd stay here again. The answer is "yes" because:
1) parking is ample and free;
2) decent free wi-fi;
3) the included breakfast, while not extensive, is good and provides enough choices to satisfy kids and adults alike;
4) great location; and
5) pleasant and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Aside from the nearby mall, there is also a Whole Foods store which is about a 5 to 10 minute walk o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank seikokai
HolidayInnExpres_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle North - Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad we met your exceptions for you stay with us. We take pride in the amenities we have to offer and am glad you enjoyed them. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and we definitely look forward to having you again. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

April Cordell

Please like us on Facebook!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute at the end of a 33 day road trip and it was so nice we stayed an extra night. We had booked on-line and had only reserved a normal room with 2 queen beds. When we checked in I asked if there was a wheelchair accessible room available with the same bed configuration and there was, so we took it as our daughter is in a chair. It was a beautiful room, very spacious with a sitting area with a couch, a desk and a table, and a huge bathroom with a role in shower. The breakfast was very good, and the location was perfect for us. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you an accessible room, this place has a great one.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank orangecrush58
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Whenever we travel we stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels. This is by far the best one we have stayed in. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms looked brand new, extremely clean, well appointed, and comfortable. There is good water pressure and hot water. The air conditioner worked great. The breakfast is typical HIE stuff but it is constantly full. It is close to downtown Seattle and is a better choice than staying downtown or at the noisy airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Being a long weekend, the prices in Seattle and Bellevue were extraordinarily high, so we Hotwired this hotel. It was quite good value. The parking is free and it was always easy to find a spot, despite the hotel being full. The free wireless internet was spotty--I could not get my Blackberry Playbook to work with it, but my husband's Blackberry phone was fine. The breakfast was also free. It was a great breakfast: hot food included make your own pancake machine, sausages, scrambled eggs (powdered?), sausage gravy, cinnamon rolls. The buffet spread was impressive: yogurt (reduced sugar and regular), banana, apple, orange, dry cereals, milk and chocolate milk, coffee, tea, three kinds of juice from a spout, muffins... there may have been more items I missed.

The room was new and clean. The fridge was large, with no freezer section. The in room coffee was a bit horrid, but better coffee was available in the lobby, along with 24 total fresh cookies (sporadically available--service time is said to be 3 pm, but it varied from 3:40-5:00). There was nowhere to hang wet bathing suits but the shower head.

We had a view of the parking lot and freeway, with mountains in the distance. The hotel was full and there was not much choice of rooms still available. Soundproofing was fairly awful. You could everything above and beside you. This is the reason for subtracting one star. We remedied that by constantly running the fan/air conditioning. Despite the white noise of the HVAC, my husband found the noise of the party in the room above us to be excessive and disturbed his sleep. In my view, the most important aspect of a hotel stay is the ability to sleep, and it trumps everything. Unfortunately, even if management and staff are fantastic (which they were), there is nothing they can do about the sound insulation. The architect/builder/owner cut corners on wall thickness or soundproofing and they saved money there... but there are consequences, no matter how shiny or lovely the hotel is.

The location was excellent. Close to the I5 but not too close for noise, and located in the heart of Big Box retail, including a Nordstrom Rack, Old Navy, Petco, Famous Footwear, and of course the Alderwood Mall. The parking lot is attached to that of the Old Spaghetti Factory, cheap Italian eats, and across the street is MacDonald's, and a little further away is Whole Foods. You will find everything you need within a few minutes' drive. It's not a pleasant place to walk, however, as everything is a highway type Big Box atmosphere, with no shade, and lots of concrete and a constant stream of cars in big open spaces.

You are also around 20-25 minutes away via I5 to downtown Seattle and the Tulalip area Seattle Premium Outlets.

The swimming pool was very small. You can swim from one end to the other with 7 strokes if you're small like me. It was big enough for the kids to enjoy, and at times we had it all to ourselves! The shower is hidden in the attached bathroom, which I didn't figure out until my second pool visit. Please use it to keep the water clean--the water was murky. The temperature was on the cold side, which was great for lap swimming but not so good for smaller kids to splash around in. Mine were fine, though. Beware beware beware of the tiles surrounding the edge of the pool. They are rounded and slope down away from the pool and are VERY SLIPPERY. One of my children fell on the deck and hurt herself, as did another boy, and an adult woman also slipped and fell--and was painfully slowly limping. None of us reported this to the front desk, but I think this is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

We enjoyed our stay, but it was not perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello and thank you for you thoughtful review. Please accept my apologies that your stay was not perfect. I have brought up the issues regarding the slippery pool to my owners and they will be taking corrective measures to fix that. Thank you once again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, Lynnwood. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Close to Alderwood mall and other shopping. Breakfast area a little small for number of guests. Pool very busy and open really late. Had suite for 2 moms and 3 daughters( 2 queens and a sofa bed). Parking lot in back. Shares parking lot with Old Spaghetti Factory

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Heidi S
HolidayInnExpres_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle North - Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Heidi S,

Thank you so much for your comments. I would like to apologize that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. We value your opinion and will take great measures to make sure we offer more seating. Thank you once again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Lynnwood, WA. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a Wonderful Day! =).

April Cordell
Please like our page on Facebook