“Convenient place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle North - Lynnwood
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've recently needed to stay in a few hotels due to a fire in my home and the Holiday Inn Express is one of the many I've tried out. Overall, it's a fairly new hotel with good sized, clean rooms. Parking has never been an issue and it's close to many things. I'm actually on my third stay there.

My only feedback on the negative side are small things that can easily be improved:

-I don't get the cleaning service everyday since for just me I don't really need it. On my last stay, the one day I wanted it and took off the do not disturb my room was not cleaned. So it's likely they just didn't check. I ended up getting my supplies replenished at the front desk.
-The wifi can be spotty although the tech number is pretty good about fixing it. For a vacation stay it wouldn't matter, but since I basically live in a hotel the wifi is pretty important to me.
-They could definitely use some garbage cans. For some garbage I like to toss it out on my way to work but there are no trash cans at all in the back parking lot or anywhere else convenient I can find. Especially for food garbage I don't want to leave it in the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnExpres_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle North - Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

It was a great pleasure to know you have been a return guest with us. I do sincerely apologize for the fire of your home. In regards to the Wifi, Garbage Cans and Cleaning Services I would like to apologize. I can assure you that we have improved our Wifi and added Garbage Cans along with Recycling to our hotel. We are on our way to deliver a green hotel. I have spoke with the Housekeeping Manager to let her know the importance of cleaning rooms to make sure this doesn't happen again. Once again thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, Lynnwood. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We was there for one night without reservation. I loved it when I walked in front desk service was excellent. Room was clean .Seattle premium outlets only 22 mins away . Lots of parking and free hot breakfast was great in the morning . Lots of choices . Fresh fruits,juice,coffee, pan cakes, eggs,sausages, and lots more . Thank u holiday inn express :-)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank sunny509

It was so nice to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. It makes me happy to know our front desk delivered excellent customer service and you enjoyed our buffet breakfast. Thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn Express in Lynnwood. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Staff was very friendly, check in a breeze, and rooms were fine. My only complaint is that our room window was behind the hotel sign which was weird and they did not have a room with two king size beds. Breakfast was on par for the Holiday Inns and the hotel is conveniently located close to all the Lynnwood Shopping.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Lynnwood, WA. We definitely appreciate your business. We are happy to know that our staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. I would like to apologize for not having a room with 2 king size beds and your room window was behind our Signage. We look forward to seeing you at our property again!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had a great time at the Holiday Inn Express, the rooms were very new and everything was spotless. Not to mention the pool, hot tub, and free breakfast (which, was wonderful). The location was nice to, it was only 10min. from Rick Steves' Travel Center in Edmonds, WA and is close to lots of shopping. My only complaint would be that there was a car alarm that went off for a half hour (around 10pm) and it took a awfully long time for the front desk to contact the owner so they could turn it off. Other than that it was a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eva B
HolidayInnExpres_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle North - Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and notifying us of the problem with the car alarm going off. I can assure you we take a extra measures to better prepare ourselves with these issues. Unfortunately some guest forget to give us their car information. I have mentioned this issue to my staff to make sure we take those matters seriously and verify the vehicle information at check-in to prevent these things from happening again. I hope you accept my sincerest apologies for this issue. I look forward to seeing you in the future and please fee free to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We usually stay at another Lynnwood hotel when we hit Seattle for shopping. We found this hotel by accident, and it's far better!
The rooms are clean, up-to-date and pretty! The hotel feels very new (maybe it is?). The service was good, and the breakfast in the morning (included) was also far better than what we expected.
It's also nice that there is a Whole Foods a block away (for wine, and in-suite snacking), along with a good selection of other shopping (Pier 1, Barnes and Noble, Nordstrom Rack, etc).

Room Tip: The hotel is set back off of the main road. But maybe ask not to face the nearby freeway? We faced...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnExpres_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle North - Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I am so glad you finally found us! We are a new hotel and we have been open since 2010. It enlightens me to know that you enjoyed our facility and hope to see you soon! Thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Lynnwood, WA!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

First off the hotel has a great location to I-5, Seattle, Boeing, etc. Right next store is Nordstrom Rack and many other stores as well as numerous restuarants. The hotel has emple parking and look brand spanking new. The hotel is spacious and the rooms are updated. The pool and fitness center are great and the breakfast is expanded and kepot up very well. The staff are courteous and friendly and seem to enjoy helping out each and every guest. We will be back. Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for a view facing the West!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nathan S
HolidayInnExpres_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle North - Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! It brightens my day knowing my staff were able to show you the what hospitality is all about! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My fiance had a conference in Shorline, WA and this was an excellent location for us to stay in. 10 min to the conference via car and walking distance to nordstroms rack, old navy and many other shops. Many malls, and shopping areas within 30 min of this hotel, north and south. The room we had was pet friendly and was located at the very end of the hotel on the Spagetti Factory side. It was super spacious, decor was simple yet nice, and it was a quiet place to stay. Most of the people seemed to be staying there for conferences as well. The breakfast was pretty good for continental. Sausages, biscuits, cereal, bagels, toast, pancakes, fruit, juice...etc. The only complaint we had was the bed was a bit soft so our backs were a bit sore after our visit. Overall, nice, quiet, clean, affordable place to stay. Very pleased with our visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! I'm happy to know that you enjoyed the location and our amenities we have to offer! We look forward to seeing you again!