“More Like the Roach Motel!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeo Inn

Rodeo Inn
Rodeo Inn
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Seattle, WA
“More Like the Roach Motel!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2008

This is the WORST place I've ever been. I'd rather be in jail!! OK, I've attatched a copy of the actual brochure handed out at The Rodeo Inn. It says, "The Complimentary continental breakfast is worth writing home about." -- More like it's worth writing The Health Inspector about! The Doughnuts were clearly outdated with a REDUCED PRICE sticker on them, expiring the previous day! And the coffee tasted like it had been re-brewed several times! The brochure goes on to say, "Every morning you'll wake to assorted pastries, chilled fruit juice, your choice of cold cereals, herbal teas and freshly brewed coffee." Are you kidding me?!?! It should say "you'll wake to sirens in the parking lot, any number of domestic disturbances from the prostitution rings being held there and the sound of footsteps from the druggies roaming the halls all night!" I literally went to the Walgreens in the next parking lot over to get my "fresh breakfast!" I'm really surprised that this place hasn't been shut down! Don't stay here!

• Liked — The fact that it was only 1 dayt o HELL
  • Disliked — The disgusing state of the rooms/premesis
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
9 Thank heyitsme7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lynnwood
Reviewed January 15, 2008

I wouldn’t recommend staying here. This place is a dump. If you ever try to get help from their maid service you better have your Spanish/English dictionary. If you ever need something fixed...”handyman fix it all” manager will help you...if he has the duct tape - better have your Korean/English dictionary as well. The managers that run this place could care less about you as a customer, more or less your room (or their employees)! This place has been run into the ground. I wish I had photos. The rooms on their homepage are nothing like the rooms you’ll be handed the key to. Complimentary continental breakfast...yeah right… if you beat the rush you might get some warm coffee. Coffee is pulled at noon, or when it runs out. Don’t count on anymore being made. You might want to bring a cell phone and a universal remote. The phone and remote in your room won’t work or will be missing. Also, if you pay extra for a fridge or microwave for a weekly stay save yourself the money and upgrade to a Motel 6! Among other things: burnt and damaged carpet, leaking ceilings or tubs, missing thermostat caps, stained and torn: curtains, sheets and towels, holes in the walls, damaged furniture, missing fire alarms, smoke filled non-smoking rooms, and unhappy underpaid front desk clerks One lady told me "I stay here because it is the cheapest place in the area. When I do stay here I sleep on top of the blankets and bring my own sleeping bag and pillow." Honestly, you’ll be SAFER if you and your family stay in a well respected Hotel.

• Liked — The rate was cheap.
  • Disliked — I felt I need to wear a bullet proof vest!
  • Stayed January 2008
1 Thank mrtonyscott
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2007

When a person asks for a NON smoking room, and they try to pass off a smoking room on you, I compare it to feeding a Muslim pork and telling them it's beef. The customer service in this place was horrible! The non smoking rooms had cigarette burns in the carpet. Not impressed! And of course when there's a problem - they convientely don't understand the 'language'.

• Liked — price was low - but not low enough!
  • Disliked — non smoking rooms reaked of smoke!
  • Stayed November 2007
1 Thank NonsmokerSeattle
vancouver
Reviewed November 3, 2007

This was the most terrible experience of travelling we have ever had. We needed a place to stay and found this place unfortunately. We paid up front and went to the room where it was the most dirty and disgusting room ever, The worst part were the unclean sheets and black hairs in the beds. We left right away, we were not there for more then 40 minutes. We asked the "manager" for a refund for the hotel but he got abusive and called us liars and refused to refund our money. We asked for his name but he refused to give it. I guess someone who takes your money for no service would be reluctant to give his name. The room was so disgusting we were forced to go to another hotel. There was no way we would stay there even for one night. Service was disgusting along with the room.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — I hated everything
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank saynotorodeo
Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2007

This Was without a doubt the Most terrible Experience I have ever had. I would like to tell everyone never stay there.Very scary, unsafe, unclean, they leave doors open day and night All doors even when it snows, very bad service, nothing works, Lesson Learned Never pay upfront, I still do not trust them with My credit card #, They said they would refund our money but then they wouldn't. There was nothing good about this place and I will continue to tell everyone one I can. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Did not feel safe or clean
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JessieGCanada
Seattle
Reviewed August 20, 2006

The night clerk kept coming on to me - to the point where he would let himself in to my room. I booked for a 2 week stay and was terrified as I had no resources or other funds to go elsewhere (I was waiting for my check to arrive there). I told the manager and she blew it off. The rooms have no privacy lock so they could come in. Finally I called my mom - checked out & called police.

• Liked — Large room
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank Jadedjaden
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 23, 2006

My experiance was real bad. The room had not been cleaned before my arriavel. There was hair in the shower. The carpet had pet stains. I recieved many flea bites during my stay. The rooms were not cleaned on a ragular scedual during my stay. Service Is real real poor.The phones did not work properly. The managment put that blame on me. The night clerk would hang up on my girl friend when she called. They advertise a 24 hour front desk. But there is a sign on the door that states "Do not disturb the cleark at night as you might wake them" When I asked for a partial refund. The clerk told me that that was out of the question." That managment would never allow it to happen." The managment had a $10 cash required deposit even though they had my credit card number. Witch I had to ask the front desk cleark for after 6:30 A.M. I looked for and found the desk cleark out side smoking a cigarette.There were also hookers working the street along HWY 99 in front of the motel. I wish I had thought to take photos.

Stayed June 2006